~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I will never use y'all or y'alls. It just sounds too...bumpkin? I know it's common in the US south (and elsewhere in the states), but here it feeds into the stereotypes of the US south, and how the accent sounds. If I need to use a genderless term for "everybody," I just say everybody, everyone, or all of you. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I will never use y'all or y'alls. It just sounds too...bumpkin? I know it's common in the US south (and elsewhere in the states), but here it feeds into the stereotypes of the US south, and how the accent sounds. If I need to use a genderless term for "everybody," I just say everybody, everyone, or all of you. 

the sopranos hbo GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PA is lifting their mask mandate for vaccinated individuals as well.

I would be all for this if we had a full proof way of identifying who is fully vaccinated and who isn't.  But since CDC vaccination card fraud is a thing, the only thing we have is the honor system...which anti-vaxxers have none of.

Deliveries keep ramping up for Canada.

That's giant, equivalent to 40 million doses in one week for the US. Here's to hoping demand stays high.

Along with this:

trinity-bellwoods-park.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Canadians who have been vaccinated with one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine can socialize with close family and friends outdoors over the summer months, Canada's chief public health officer said Friday.

Definitely going to have our parents and close friends over for outside hang-outs in the backyard, this summer (all have at least one dose so far, and most should have both by mid-July).

There’s a lot of people on the autistic community who have grown fond of wearing masks. It’s nice not having to constantly worry about my facial expression and when I’m out and about. Less tiring too.

And sometimes when I’m in an especially good mood I’m totally lip syncing under that mask.

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

I took cans back without a mask today, feels good man. And it was my massive pandemic load, mostly Red Bull, got about $75 out of it. Took an hour.

inb4 jokes about massive pandemic loads 

You were sitting on nearly 1,500 cans?! Did your car look like a crazy hoarder car while driving them over? Where the fuck were you keeping them before returning them?

I tried claiming the deposits on cans a couple of times in college and grad school and each time wondered why I'd bothered. The deposits need to be higher, like at European levels, to make it worth bothering to return a smaller number of cans.

36 minutes ago, Komusha said:

There’s a lot of people on the autistic community who have grown fond of wearing masks. It’s nice not having to constantly worry about my facial expression and when I’m out and about. Less tiring too.

And sometimes when I’m in an especially good mood I’m totally lip syncing under that mask.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DID THIS

My local SARCAN (bottle return) has started doing contactless drop-off and e-transfer. You submit an online form, drop off your stuff outside their loading dock, and then a few hours later you get an e-transfer with the cash amount. It's great, you don't have to go in or deal with unbagging the cans and bottles, etc. We gave away a lot of bottles to fundraisers during the pandemic, but we've still had a few trips.

Just now, Jason said:

Guess I won't be going to Trader Joe's for a while come June 15.

My man, you've been vaxxed for months. You're good.

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

You were sitting on nearly 1,500 cans?! Did your car look like a crazy hoarder car while driving them over? Where the fuck were you keeping them before returning them?

I tried claiming the deposits on cans a couple of times in college and grad school and each time wondered why I'd bothered. The deposits need to be higher, like at European levels, to make it worth bothering to return a smaller number of cans.

Cans/bottles are 10 cents in Michigan. So yeah, 750 cans.

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My local SARCAN (bottle return) has started doing contactless drop-off and e-transfer. You submit an online form, drop off your stuff outside their loading dock, and then a few hours later you get an e-transfer with the cash amount. It's great, you don't have to go in or deal with unbagging the cans and bottles, etc. We gave away a lot of bottles to fundraisers during the pandemic, but we've still had a few trips.

Fuck that, returning bottles is meditation.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:
nancy-pelosi-mask-0617201.jpg
WWW.SALON.COM

House Republicans — dozens of whom remain unvaccinated — are seething at the Speaker's unwillingness to budge

Seems fair to me.

Then again, you could just let them all get sick and kill each other...

32 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Seems fair to me.

Then again, you could just let them all get sick and kill each other...

Good odds the majority of them are vaccinated and just refusing to admit it. So the play here is presumably more forcing them to publicly admit they've been vaccinated.