~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wait, folks is cancelled too? I just learned to say it naturally instead of “you guys”

I hope not because that's exactly how I use it. If I'm referring to a team in an email, saying folks sounds way less confrontational than saying you people and more inclusive than you guys.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

I hope not because that's exactly how I use it. If I'm referring to a team in an email, saying folks sounds way less confrontational than saying you people and more inclusive than you guys.

And I sure as fuck am not saying y’all.

I got my second dose of Moderna yesterday evening. It’s kinda kicking my ass but it’s okay, I’ve been much more sick before so I can handle this for a day or two. Just glad I took the day off and have zero responsibilities.

• Like 2

I’m from the south so me and my friend who’s also trans say y’all. Folks is fine, but it must be a regional thing because nobody down here really says it. “You guys” will vary depending on the person - some trans people are okay with it and some aren’t. Same with dude. It’s all about context tough.

One thing that my friend and I really hate is “buddy” or “bud”. It may not sound gender exclusive, but you never hear a cis man say that to a cis girl. It’s something we notice that I think most cis people don’t pick up on, so just be aware y’all.

57 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Got my first shot booked today as well. Just finished setting up my first shot for June 9th. Plus it will be either Pfizer or Moderna too

I hadn't been paying attention so I didn't know if there was an announcement or something for my age (31), and thought it would open up later. Only reason I got it was because I saw someone my age on Facebook post about getting his appointment booked, and he lives in my area, so I went and checked and sure enough I was able to book. 

53 minutes ago, Brick said:

I hadn't been paying attention so I didn't know if there was an announcement or something for my age (31), and thought it would open up later. Only reason I got it was because I saw someone my age on Facebook post about getting his appointment booked, and he lives in my area, so I went and checked and sure enough I was able to book. 

I think my region of Halton jumped ahead a few extra days. I thought for Ontario that 30+ could start booking starting this coming Monday, but my mom saw on the news Halton was starting today on the weekend news. Maybe it’s all of Ontario 30+ as of today 

5 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I think my region of Halton jumped ahead a few extra days. I thought for Ontario that 30+ could start booking starting this coming Monday, but my mom saw on the news Halton was starting today on the weekend news. Maybe it’s all of Ontario 30+ as of today 

I'm Halton too, so as soon as I saw that guy's post I immediately Googled "Halton vaccines" and booked my appointment on the site. 

Can't wait to be immune. Can't wait to see my girlfriend again. 

The Summer of Fuck! 

• Haha 1

food-processing-01-gty-iwb-210504_162015
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

A look at public health data in several states by ABC News revealed the locations of the most COVID-19 outbreaks following their reopenings.

Public health policy is hard. Data is imperfect, so there are lots of gaps to be filled in. Interesting still to see the wide variance in reported data based on place of infection.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Murphy gets the guillotine, not for keeping the mask mandate, but for using Fauci as a defense of literally anything.

Fauci’s a dummy, but a lot of people look to him for advice still.

One of the everlasting sins of Trump is sidelining Fauci for dumb reasons which directly caused the Biden admin to elevate him as a stick in the eye to Trump. Why couldn’t he have been sacked for being absolutely terrible as a messenger for the government?!?!

There must be people who could have done a better job of talking America through this stuff. 

Wolensky is bad at public health communication too. Maybe there aren’t good communicators in the government?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One of the everlasting sins of Trump is sidelining Fauci for dumb reasons which directly caused the Biden admin to elevate him as a stick in the eye to Trump. Why couldn’t he have been sacked for being absolutely terrible as a messenger for the government?!?!

There must be people who could have done a better job of talking America through this stuff. 

Wolensky is bad at public health communication too. Maybe there aren’t good communicators in the government?

Gottlieb is good shit.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

There's a lot of good science and scientists in these agencies but lord almighty they fucking suck at communication. From the initial mask guidance ("they won't work!") to the most recent guidance (scientifically sound but would only really work if people are honest instead of lying liars)