~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

All of the city and county agencies around the Houston region explicitly say you do not need any proof of residency to get the vaccine. Obviously could be different where you are at, but thus far I have not heard of anybody going either to private or public facilities and having to prove they lived in the area. Which makes sense, you would likely cause massive numbers of undocumented people to stay away if you were "papers please"ing everybody, and we need as many people as possible to get this thing, .

The problem is it's a complete messaging clusterfuck in terms of what the exact requirements are so it's a crapshoot as to what you're going to have enforced on you when you show up. For example, this Texas page says you don't need to be a Texas resident to get vaccinated, but here's Abbot saying you DO need to be a resident. I'm pretty sure SoCal counties are all enforcing that you have to either live or work in the county you're getting vaccinated in.

Basically it's worth trying someplace you don't live but I would not just assume that you're gonna get your shot after driving a few hours to a vaccination center in a place you don't live.

It wouldn't shock me BTW if the difference is about blue states being more likely to care about "equity" in distribution. I know there's been a ton of noise in Los Angeles about people from wealthy areas driving to poor areas to get shots. Same county but they're trying to prioritize within the county based on demographics of zip codes, there's been a ton of energy going into trying to make sure that a certain number of doses is going to people who actually live in those zip codes.

FEATURE-Share-Getting-COVID-Vaccine-Grow
WWW.KFF.ORG

The Latest KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor finds a growing share of U.S. adults say they have already gotten at least one dose of the vaccine or want to get vaccinated as soon as possible...

More than half of U.S. adults (55%) now say they have already received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (18%) or they want it as soon as possible (37%). This is an increase from 47% in mid-January and up from 34% in early December before vaccine distribution began. About one in five adults (22%) say they will “wait and see” how the vaccine is working for others before getting vaccinated themselves, a share that is down from 31% in January and 39% in December. The remaining public say they will get the vaccine “only if required for work, school, or other activities” (7%) or that they will “definitely not” get vaccinated (15%), shares that have not changed much over the past two months.

We may need to force people to get it in order to reach heard immunity

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
FEATURE-Share-Getting-COVID-Vaccine-Grow
WWW.KFF.ORG

The Latest KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor finds a growing share of U.S. adults say they have already gotten at least one dose of the vaccine or want to get vaccinated...

We may need to force people to get it in order to reach heard immunity

I HAVE RIGHTS 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Rising stars and shining lights of modern American conservatism, folks :lol:

Make no mistake, the only thing preventing Trump from being the 2024 nominee is if he chooses not to run or the hamberders catch up with him. McConnell is delusional if he thinks Cy Vance or a Georgia DA is going to solve the Trump problem for him. Trump could be in an orange jumpsuit and his followers would rally around the message that he was being persecuted.

What does it say about the GOP that they are so unpopular that they see their only electoral path going through a guy who lost the popular vote twice :lol:

I would love to see Cruz's primary strategy for 2024. He is going all in on appealing to the Trump base....thinking that at the moment of truth those same followers are going to go with the imitation knockoff instead of Trump himself? 

How can Republicans be so crafty and ruthless when it comes to taking out Democrats and yet so obtuse and subservient when dealing with Trump? It's just amazing to watch....

Watching Cruz talk and anyone else there at CPAC talk, just makes me wanna toss my cookies a bit. I just wish that all them ANTIFA members who invaded the capital would show up here and disrupt their shit assembly.

What?

They weren’t ANTIFA?

who were they then?

CPAC themselves!?! :vortex:

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Since my mom may have lymphoma and she works for the county she was able to get me a vaccine appt. 

Monday at 11am. She has an appt for her test to see if she has lymphoma.

Hoping for no lymphoma, bud

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
1614271033782-untitled-design-8.png?imag
WWW.VICE.COM

They're making the same mistakes made during the HIV epidemic by hoarding doses and blocking global initiatives that encourage open and equitable access to vaccine technology.

A reminder that the Oxford vaccine was originally supposed to be open source so anyone could make it, then Astra Zeneca bought it and Bill Gates stands to make a very large amount of money from it.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

A reminder that the Oxford vaccine was originally supposed to be open source so anyone could make it, then Astra Zeneca bought it and Bill Gates stands to make a very large amount of money from it.

This is our daily affirmation that there is ABSOLUTELY NO SUCH THING as a "good" billionaire.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This is kinda interesting

so happy to see this news. I had a pretty low key version of Covid, but my long term symptoms have been terrible. I never really had the taste issue, but my mom and sister have that onion issue (eating it and things smelling of it) We seem to suffer random headaches, nausea, random shortness of breath, chest pain and now I see why my sleep has been absolutely shit this past year too. I get myself pretty damn high and sleepy before bed, but my neck for the life of me, can’t find a consistent comfortable spot on my pillow. I would get random nights where I get a good 4-5hrs of sleep, but feel absolutely tired throughout the day. The nights I sleep terribly on (well most nights lately) I actually seem to be more alert and energetic at times for the day. This thing is such a fucking mess, and can’t wait to see relief pumped into my arm soon.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

This is the kind of shit that people should be rightfully criticizing Gates about, not bullshit about microchips in the vaccine. As much good as he does for vaccines awareness and development, it's still for profit for him.