~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

9 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Trump is waiting to deliver them to red states. He has no problem letting people in blue states die--they didn't vote for him, so why should he care?

I don't think it's that simple. I may sound a touch paranoid, but someone, or a few people, will become billionaires because the feds will be found out to be handing over PPE to a private entity or entities for sale on a non price gouging market. Possibly even multiple times (seizure then return to private seller on repeat)

Behind every billionaire is a crime. This needs to be investigated.

As of this point in the pandemic, the European countries that are being hit the hardest - Italy, Spain, France and the UK are seeing an ~8 to 10 percent death rate.  Germany is an outlier, but I've read they aren't reporting accurately for whatever reason. 

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It's nice listening to a competent leader every day.  Cuomo is doing a good job of informing the public in my opinion.

One of my former coworkers who I still keep in touch with still believes the story about Cuomo stockpiling ventilators in a basement to intentionally create a shortage because he wants to make Trump look bad.

Choose your reality, I guess

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

One of my former coworkers who I still keep in touch with still believes the story about Cuomo stockpiling ventilators in a basement to intentionally create a shortage because he wants to make Trump look bad.

That's insane. 

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

As of this point in the pandemic, the European countries that are being hit the hardest - Italy, Spain, France and the UK are seeing an ~8 to 10 percent death rate.  Germany is an outlier, but I've read they aren't reporting accurately for whatever reason. 

NYC is positively being decimated right now, but haha fuck NYC, let Manhattan sink into the sea, and all that good jazz.

• Guillotine 3

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

France had a big dump in deaths yesterday because they backfilled in a bunch of nursing home deaths that had happened previously. I'm guessing Germany isn't doing that. But I've also read that they have more hospital beds per capita than other countries, so they probably really are having better outcomes for their serious cases to some degree.

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

France had a big dump in deaths yesterday because they back filled in a bunch of nursing home deaths that had happened previously. I'm guessing Germany isn't doing that. But I've also read that they have more hospital beds per-capita than other countries, so they probably really are having better outcomes for their serious cases to some degree.

Aren't Germans more standoff-ish than their southern European neighbors as well?  By that I mean, they aren't hugging and kissing one another like the stereotypical Spaniard or Italian might.  

Surprising (to me anyways) Germany has a older median age than both Spain and Italy.  

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Is it the pizza parlor pedo basement? 

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

An aircraft carrier is an even better petri dish than a cruise ship.  Instead of 1 or 2 people per stateroom, you are talking about 100+ people sleeping in a berthing compartment, within 2 or 3 feet of each other.  

92506363-san-diego-california-dec-1-2017

59 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

N95 story getting big coverage in Canada, obviously. I didn't know this, but Canadian medical nuclear reactors supply all medical isotopes used in the US:

Cut it off then. The issue with Trump isn't that he has started to use the DPA, it's that he did not start earlier.

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Very competent

Eh, I wouldn't hold it against the local government. We're talking about a Vieques. There are exponentially more views on this thread than there are people living on that island. They were also without power for months, so it's very likely the knowledge of this cache existed only in the memory of the folks who put them in storage. They didn't have networks up to keep track of the dead, let alone medical supplies.

After some time and a series of earthquakes later, I can easily see this getting forgotten until a huge need like COVID-19 comes up.

This probably means nothing to most of you, but there is a furniture store owner in Houston that is basically royalty here that goes by the name Mattress Mack and dude called me today about hosting Midnight Mass next Saturday for his Catholic Church. I’ll cash that check all day long!

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This probably means nothing to those of you who don't follow baseball, but there is a furniture store owner in Houston that is basically royalty here that goes by the name Mattress Mack and dude called me today about hosting Midnight Mass next Saturday for his Catholic Church. I’ll cash that check all day long!

Fixed lol.

• Haha 1