~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sooooo... you guys are both infected?

I mean maybe? If we are and are asymptomatic, better to not spread that shit around.

Btw, we somehow had N95 masks in the garage. I thought these were just silly construction masks that probably would not do much good. Nope, N95!

I went up to the theater tonight after everybody was gone to shut everything off. I started crying while doing it and haven’t stopped. I know we will go back to work at some point, but when you’ve poured so much of yourself into something and it’s just...gone. Soul crushing. 

I’m working from home starting tomorrow. I’m “on call” in case a branch needs to quarantine (I work at a bank). The plan is once they quarantine the staff I get to go in and get it up and running again after cleaning. 

I wish we could send all the staff home but unfortunately it’s not possible. Today was the first day I could actually see staff stressed from all of this and it’s pretty depressing that this will be the norm for the next 2-3 months? 

Such a tough situation all around. 

47 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I went up to the theater tonight after everybody was gone to shut everything off. I started crying while doing it and haven’t stopped. I know we will go back to work at some point, but whence poured so much of yourself into something and it’s just...gone. Soul crushing. 

Hey man, chin up, it's going to be ok! :hug: It's awesome that you are so passionate about your work, I really envy that. It's a shit time and it's totally understandable that you feel this way, but it isn't permanent.  :hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rc0101 said:

I’m working from home starting tomorrow. I’m “on call” in case a branch needs to quarantine (I work at a bank). The plan is once they quarantine the staff I get to go in and get it up and running again after cleaning. 

I wish we could send all the staff home but unfortunately it’s not possible. Today was the first day I could actually see staff stressed from all of this and it’s pretty depressing that this will be the norm for the next 2-3 months? 

Such a tough situation all around. 

Are you guys just doing drive through banking?

My own worry is that considering the fact I work in a residential setting with up to 16 clients at any given time, there's a very real chance in which if/when it comes to a quarantine that I'll be remanded to my work site for two weeks. Really hard to wrap my head around that scenario for sure.

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

Though I do wonder, let's say we are both asymptomatic carriers, it still probably reduced spreading of the droplets, no?

I mean, it’s somewhat of a barrier. But the entire point of those ungodly masks is that they create a seal of sorts. That’s why they’re used for airborne precautions and simple masks are used for droplet. 

Every health care worker dreads getting fit tested for those fuckers. 

10 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

My own worry is that considering the fact I work in a residential setting with up to 16 clients at any given time, there's a very real chance in which if/when it comes to a quarantine that I'll be remanded to my work site for two weeks. Really hard to wrap my head around that scenario for sure.

I'm wondering how this curfew will affect me in Jersey/New York. I work nights and I usually travel to work during the time the curfew will be in effect. I'm not due to go back until Thursday so I'll find out then. If I'm not able to work then my stay in Jersey is kinda pointless as I was only here for work.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, it’s somewhat of a barrier. But the entire point of those ungodly masks is that they create a seal of sorts. That’s why they’re used for airborne precautions and simple masks are used for droplet. 

Every health care worker dreads getting fit tested for those fuckers. 

It hurt so bad and we couldn't breathe haha. Certainly made us shop faster though.