~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

5 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

My first impression is that Collins and Gardner are just covering theie asses.

Murkowski and(especially) Romney don't need this vote for political expediency, so props to them for it.

I have't followed the news on this super close. I thought McTurtle claimed a few days ago he had the votes to rush through a show trial. What happened?

Basically Pelosi bought time for some Rs to grow a spine. 

22 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nope. Just make the day a holiday, increase the number of polling places, increase the availability of early voting, and make it easier to vote by mail.

Just vote by mail.  The people who already have a hard time voting because of their jobs are not going to get the day off because the federal government makes election day a holiday.  

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Just vote by mail.  The people who already have a hard time voting because of their jobs are not going to get the day off because the federal government makes election day a holiday.  

Sure, but in a whole mess of states you need a valid excuse to vote by mail and you then need to fill out forms providing your excuse every year you intend to vote. We should just be removing as many barriers and making it easier for folks to vote.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Sure, but in a whole mess of states you need a valid excuse to vote by mail and you then need to fill out forms providing your excuse every year you intend to vote. We should just be removing as many barriers and making it easier for folks to vote.

I agree.  But instituting a federal holiday will not help in any way, in my opinion.  Those same low wage workers who you want to vote, could likely have a harder time voting with a holiday, as every mattress and furniture store is going to have "election holiday blowout sale" like they do for other holidays that are not Christmas and Thanksgiving.