~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

'Game changer': Top Democrats say bombshell report shows need for witnesses in Senate impeachment trial

"This new story shows all four witnesses that we Senate Democrats have requested" were "intimately involved and had direct knowledge of President Trump's decision to cut off aid and benefit himself," Schumer, a Democrat, told reporters in a press conference at his New York office.

"Simply put, in our fight to have key documents and witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial, these new revelations are a game changer."

The New York Times reported Sunday that Mulvaney was flying with President Donald Trump on Air Force One in June when he emailed his senior adviser to ask, “Did we ever find out about the money for Ukraine and whether we can hold it back?”

The adviser, Robert Blair, emailed back that it could be done, but he warned that they should "[e]xpect Congress to become unhinged," the report said, citing a previously undisclosed email. Assisting Mulvaney execute the hold were Blair and three officials in the White House Office of Management and Budget, Russell Vought, the office's acting head, Michael Duffey, who oversees funding, and lawyer Mark Paoletta, the report said.

The Times' report also showed there was high-level pushback from top Trump officials, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and now-former national security adviser John Bolton.

The trio met with Trump in the Oval Office in late August and pressed him to release the aid, with Bolton telling the president, "This is in America's interest," the Times reported, citing an official briefed on the gathering.

• Like 1

It doesn't dismiss the impeachment, it simply would make a rule saying that the Senate doesn't have to hold a trial. On the face of it, this seems like it could be unconstitutional since it places limits on when the Senate would try impeachment. Instead of a time limit, imagine if they said that the Senate will ignore the charge unless it was passed on a Saturday, or something.

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It doesn't dismiss the impeachment, it simply would make a rule saying that the Senate doesn't have to hold a trial. On the face of it, this seems like it could be unconstitutional since it places limits on when the Senate would try impeachment. Instead of a time limit, imagine if they said that the Senate will ignore the charge unless it was passed on a Saturday, or something.

The constitution gives virtually no structure to impeachment. Besides SCOTUS ruling one way or another, there really isn’t any argument for or against the constitutionality of what Pelosi or McConnell are doing.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The constitution gives virtually no structure to impeachment. Besides SCOTUS ruling one way or another, there really isn’t any argument for or against the constitutionality of what Pelosi or McConnell are doing.

Yep. I'm surprised that McConnell isn't just ignoring it all together. 

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Collins, Murkowski, Romney, and Gardner are going to vote with dems to allow witnesses in the Senate trial, should be some fun rants, and Rand Paul's first choice is to call Joe Biden cause reasons.

My first impression is that Collins and Gardner are just covering theie asses.

Murkowski and(especially) Romney don't need this vote for political expediency, so props to them for it.

I have't followed the news on this super close. I thought McTurtle claimed a few days ago he had the votes to rush through a show trial. What happened?

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

My first impression is that Collins and Gardner are just covering theie asses.

Murkowski and(especially) Romney don't need this vote for political expediency, so props to them for it.

I have't followed the news on this super close. I thought McTurtle claimed a few days ago he had the votes to rush through a show trial. What happened?

out of here lol GIF

• Haha 1