~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

The House had no good reason to rush the process to bring articles to a vote, there is plenty of reason to believe they would have won in court on most of these issues where people were ignoring subpoenas.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

How so

Because the district courts had already ruled that McGhan had to and the legal notion being used to avoid testimony in the McGhan case was identical to these other cases.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Because the district courts had already ruled that McGhan had to and the legal notion being used to avoid testimony in the McGhan case was identical to these other cases.

For some reason I read your post I quoted as "the White House" so that explains the confusion.

Anyway, Pelosi didn't want to do this so that's why they're basically rushing it

5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The articles they passed has enough to legitimize removal. The only thing actually being discussed is how obviously shameless the gop will be.

I thought your position was that Pelosi was being strategic with the process, or am I misremembering?

Just now, sblfilms said:

I thought your position was that Pelosi was being strategic with the process, or am I misremembering?

It would appear she is, in the sense that she's trying to be aggressively non-partisan. She hasn't done anything so far that seems like the obvious wrong call. She has a weak hand and has still changed narratives and won concessions.

Be that as it may, the only place that "gee golly that's something I would consider if only the house put it in the articles" gains purchase is in the minds of people who have already acquitted trump. It's bad faith on its face and only gets worse as you unravel the details. 

Saying that you'll only consider the evidence of an investigation that was materially obstructed by the defendant when you have the power to demand more evidence is nothing more than an excuse, a vain hope in dodging pressure to make a hard choice. She wants us all to pretend the choice to acquit is easy but it's based on nonsense that falls apart in a light breeze.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Man, it's almost as if the part of the government that enforces the law on the Executive branch shouldn't actually be part of the Executive branch.

This takes away another Republican talking point that I've seen regarding this impeachment... "Unlike the other impeachment cases, there was no underlying crime in this case." Well... now you have one. I would assume the same conclusion would be reached regarding the Puerto Rico Aid funds as well... interesting that those funds were released recently as well :hmm:

12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's REALLY goddamned stupid.

Let the guy who literally wants to give the Constitution a blow job actually perform a pretty damned important Constitutional duty.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume that Pelosi and the Dem leadership know something about Amash that the public doesn't so... fuck him. My words not theirs.