Dorian could be hurricane when it reaches Puerto Rico

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And this forecast is 5 days old wtf. The east coast is getting skimmed and NC may be taking the brunt of it, not to mention everything in the Bahamas. But it's so fucking important that he doesn't look like he tweeted an easily proven lie

1 hour ago, stepee said:

lol do they not have anyone who can use photoshop? surely baron could have done it rather than just drawing a fucking line on top of the actual report from last week with a sharpie.

he should used the gold sharpie he uses to circle pictures of his hands

3 hours ago, emalider said:

But how do you do it? I thought it was just removing the s in https but that's definitely not the way.

E: thanks b_m

You can go to the tweet, then the arrow that says embed tweet, copy the code then paste it here in source mode. Or like BM said, remove mobile. Whatever works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I was guessing (because they dodged the bullet and no longer would need them) that Alabama was the state to thank them for their kindness. I was wrong 

although I can see how this act of kindness is happening as duffle bags and blocks of cocaine are being washed ashore on Florida’s beaches

@SaysWho? how likely, if at all, is RDU airport to get affected by Dorian in the next ~24 (maybe 36) hours? I have a friend who has a connecting flight going France->RDU->Seattle through there tomorrow and he's worried his flight will get canceled but none of the airlines have issued a travel waiver for RDU yet so I'm assuming he'll be fine in terms of the hurricane directly affecting the airport? (Flights getting canceled over network disruptions is a different story obviously.)

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

@SaysWho? how likely, if at all, is RDU airport to get affected by Dorian in the next ~24 (maybe 36) hours? I have a friend who has a connecting flight going France->RDU->Seattle through there tomorrow and he's worried his flight will get canceled but none of the airlines have issued a travel waiver for RDU yet so I'm assuming he'll be fine in terms of the hurricane directly affecting the airport? (Flights getting canceled over network disruptions is a different story obviously.)

Minor, rain mostly. 

• Thanks 1

It would be soooo easy, too. Just something like "Early reports showed that Dorian may have been headed west, and I feared that Alabama would be affected. Thankfully the state has been spared from being in Dorian's path, and I apologize for any confusion my previous tweet caused. Thank you to our national weather service for the work that they do in helping us be warned and prepared for weather events like this."

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It would be soooo easy, too. Just something like "Early reports showed that Dorian may have been headed west, and I feared that Alabama would be affected. Thankfully the state has been spared from being in Dorian's path, and I apologize for any confusion my previous tweet caused. Thank you to our national weather service for the work that they do in helping us be warned and prepared for weather events like this."

First, no one would ever believe that statement because it’s in non broken English, coming from the president. Plus he will never admit he was wrong because “it will make him look weak”

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Instead,

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't imagine it will only because they kept the Orlando airport open Monday (closed it Tuesday) and Dorian was closer to Orlando at that point.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Most people don't realize how wide North Carolina is, it's about an 8 hour drive to the Tennessee border from the coast. 

He lives in North Carolina though, I think RDU is his home airport. :p

I looked at a map and saw the cone didn't go near RDU but wasn't sure if there could still be wind/etc that could affect flights. It did seem like if there was going to be waivers for flights tomorrow at RDU that airlines would have issued them by now, though.