Update: Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Insurrectionist-in-Chief over killing of paramilitary leader last January

Now, I can well believe that there are officials in both Baghdad and Tehran who are not necessarily mourning Suleimani's demise.  It's been reported that there are those within the Iranian regime who felt he was getting too big for his britches.

And the fact that it was the Americans who were stupid enough to do it...well, that's all the better.

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Since it seems like Russia's wildest dreams of fucking us over are coming true, can someone better informed on foreign affairs than I tell me how Russia will capitalize on this?

Instead of having to destroy us, they're getting us to destroy ourselves. 

22 minutes ago, legend said:

Since it seems like Russia's wildest dreams of fucking us over are coming true, can someone better informed on foreign affairs than I tell me how Russia will capitalize on this?

There really is no way for them to do so other than their continued growing influence in the Middle East.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, legend said:

I don't see this thing really gives Russia any more clout/maneuvering room/opportunity than it already had. Them and Iran being buddy-buddy doesn't really get affected by this.

But if I were Putin, I'd sarcastically offer the US a sale of Tor-M2 SAM launchers to ward off the inevitable drone attacks on our bases in Iran. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

This will change super quick amoung conservatives if Trump pushes the war.

Trump's views on war have always been contradictory. He wants to always be seen as the most feared and powerful country on the planet, but he also claims to be anti-war because, basically, it costs a lot and his populist base leans anti-war in some ways.

How I think this plays out is summed up in that line about "the cruelty is the point". Current conservatism isn't against war, it is tired of Bush era talking points of war as a good thing for the invaded countries. Because for one thing "winning hearts and minds" is, like ya know, hard. It makes "winning" something that doesn't really tangibly happen.

To put it simply, conservatives will love war when it's just about killing Muslims. And if it comes to that, I am sure that's what Trump will give them.

9 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This will change super quick amoung conservatives if Trump pushes the war.

Trump's views on war have always been contradictory. He wants to always be seen as the most feared and powerful country on the planet, but he also claims to be anti-war because, basically, it costs a lot and his populist base leans anti-war in some ways.

How I think this plays out is summed up in that line about "the cruelty is the point". Current conservatism isn't against war, it is tired of Bush era talking points of war as a good thing for the invaded countries. Because for one thing "winning hearts and minds" is, like ya know, hard. It makes "winning" something that doesn't really tangibly happen.

To put it simply, conservatives will love war when it's just about killing Muslims. And if it comes to that, I am sure that's what Trump will give them.

American "liberals" will fall for it hook, line, and sinker as well because American "liberals" are stupid and cowardly.