X-Men not in Phase 4, will be "long time" before they make another movie

56 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

FF4? Is that supposed to be Fantastic 4? (I’m genuinely asking :p )

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Gotta throw everyone off the scent for the post credit Endgame scene where Hugh Jackman, in a yellow X-Men outfit, back turned to the camera extends his claws as this theme starts to play.....

mmmm I haven't seen that intro for a long time.....feels good.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

On paper, here's what we have:

(2019) - Spider-Man: Far From Home and then ...? (Won't get any announcement(s) until AFTER this is out probably not until SDCC 2019 at the earliest)

On the board, there's potential for the following:

Doctor Strange 2 & 3

Black Panther 2 & 3

Black Widow

Eternals

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3quel

Allegedly Shang-Chi

Even at 3 a year, that's 3 years minimum there at that pace, not to mention IF/WHEN they bring about FF4 (in which theoretically COULD be done such that the FF core AND Doctor Doom are already established in some form and that way we don't need ANOTHER origin story, only just have a couple potential flashbacks of THIS MCU version of their origin wherein there lays potential for further things to be revealed down the road in future sequels, etc.)

Add to it, whatever Disney's streaming service and subsequent TV series/1 offs have to show/say for other remaining and living characters post-Endgame that can potentially spin out into future films.

ALSO more than likely the potential for a very real Thor 4 AND potential Captain America sequel(s) if A. Surprise! Chris Evans has another contract. B. Bucky or Falcon carry the title. (Personally, I would LOVE to see Evans back for ONE MORE Cap flick with Red Skull back wherein Bucky, Falcon, Widow and others have to team up to stop him!)

We have SO much story yet to tell for what's already been established that we don't even NEED Mutants (just yet). Furthermore, a weird "adaptation" of "House of M" wherein Scarlet Witch instead DECLARES MUTANTS EXIST! (Did that just jump the shark? IDK but I kinda like it in THIS timeline of the MCU)

10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

On paper, here's what we have:

(2019) - Spider-Man: Far From Home and then ...? (Won't get any announcement(s) until AFTER this is out probably not until SDCC 2019 at the earliest)

On the board, there's potential for the following:

Doctor Strange 2 & 3

Black Panther 2 & 3

Black Widow

Eternals

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3quel

Allegedly Shang-Chi

Even at 3 a year, that's 3 years minimum there at that pace, not to mention IF/WHEN they bring about FF4 (in which theoretically COULD be done such that the FF core AND Doctor Doom are already established in some form and that way we don't need ANOTHER origin story, only just have a couple potential flashbacks of THIS MCU version of their origin wherein there lays potential for further things to be revealed down the road in future sequels, etc.)

Add to it, whatever Disney's streaming service and subsequent TV series/1 offs have to show/say for other remaining and living characters post-Endgame that can potentially spin out into future films.

ALSO more than likely the potential for a very real Thor 4 AND potential Captain America sequel(s) if A. Surprise! Chris Evans has another contract. B. Bucky or Falcon carry the title. (Personally, I would LOVE to see Evans back for ONE MORE Cap flick with Red Skull back wherein Bucky, Falcon, Widow and others have to team up to stop him!)

We have SO much story yet to tell for what's already been established that we don't even NEED Mutants (just yet). Furthermore, a weird "adaptation" of "House of M" wherein Scarlet Witch instead DECLARES MUTANTS EXIST! (Did that just jump the shark? IDK but I kinda like it in THIS timeline of the MCU)

Isn't Far From Home the last movie for the Disney-Sony deal for Spider-Man? It just seems like Sony is happy to go about ruining the Spider-Verse on their own. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Depends on the Scarlet Witch story they do. :]

MCU version of Scarlet Witch got her powers from the mind stone that was in Loki's scepter.  Not sure how they could change that now, they showed and talked about it happening.  

The aftermath of Endgame seems like the perfect place to bring mutants in, but not necessarily X-Men. If you imagine they use the stones to undust everyone and a small percentage of those brought back wind up with mutations that cause powers. Something along those lines could be made to work. If not that, then you can start with anyone that was pregnant and then undusted.

Sure, you don't get a Wolverine that's been around for ages it a Magneto that went through the Holocaust, but eh. There's no clean way to introduce those characters with world altering powers and just play it off like they've always just sort of been there in the background. Dealing with alternate dimensions and stuff is just as messy.

30 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The aftermath of Endgame seems like the perfect place to bring mutants in, but not necessarily X-Men. If you imagine they use the stones to undust everyone and a small percentage of those brought back wind up with mutations that cause powers. Something along those lines could be made to work. If not that, then you can start with anyone that was pregnant and then undusted.

Sure, you don't get a Wolverine that's been around for ages it a Magneto that went through the Holocaust, but eh. There's no clean way to introduce those characters with world altering powers and just play it off like they've always just sort of been there in the background. Dealing with alternate dimensions and stuff is just as messy.

Wolverine has always been a loner and not wanted to be found.  Plus he doesn't get his metal skeleton until weapon X.  

We are getting to a time period where a lot of the backstory of the characters will need to be updated.  A functioning Magneto of today probably could not have been a kid in the Holocaust.  The age is just getting too much.  The good thing (bad thing?) is that humans do terrible things to each other in war all the time, so it would not be that hard to pick another time period and war for Magneto to come from.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-phase-4-movies-plan-feige/

In an interview with IGN, Feige was asked if Marvel would return to Hall H this year at San Diego Comic-Con. While Feige remarked that in it of itself would be a "post-Endgame spoiler," he more or less hinted the MCU would indeed have a presence at the pop culture convention:

“I will say all of the post Comic-Con, post Spider-Man: Far From Home stuff, we ... Here's an exclusive. We're gonna keep making movies. We're gonna still keep making movies after these two. And we will talk about them soon after Spider-Man: Far From Home comes out.”

On 4/8/2019 at 6:28 PM, Chairslinger said:

Gotta throw everyone off the scent for the post credit Endgame scene where Hugh Jackman, in a yellow X-Men outfit, back turned to the camera extends his claws as this theme starts to play.....

I want Captain Marvel to be attacked by a mutant girl who absorbs her powers and kills her.

47 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

I want Captain Marvel to be attacked by a mutant girl who absorbs her powers and kills her.

Since my experience with comics has basically been the old X-Men series and the X-Men and Marvel movies my reaction to Ms. Marvel when she started being talked about a lot last year was at first not knowing anything about her, and then I just happened to see something about that episode of the show and I was like, "Ohhhh right, she's the chick Rogue got her powers from!"