Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see what approach the GOP takes to him. On the one hand, they like to bully witnesses and ask dumb questions, so I could see them asking him about Clinton over and over. On the other, they might be afraid of him, and may treat him softly and just waste time with inconsequential questions.

If all Muller does is read sections of his report out as answers to any questions, it will be a good thing. I just hope the Democrats don't waste all their time trying to get him to explicitly say that Trump committed obstruction. I can just imagine them trying desperately with obvious hypotheticals like "well, if he wasn't president" or "if anyone else did these things" or whatever, and Muller will just dodge it, so instead of any kind of worthwhile soundbites, you get Democrats looking like they're trying to insinuate something Muller doesn't want to say out loud, even if it is true.

19 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

If all Muller does is read sections of his report out as answers to any questions, it will be a good thing. I just hope the Democrats don't waste all their time trying to get him to explicitly say that Trump committed obstruction. I can just imagine them trying desperately with obvious hypotheticals like "well, if he wasn't president" or "if anyone else did these things" or whatever, and Muller will just dodge it, so instead of any kind of worthwhile soundbites, you get Democrats looking like they're trying to insinuate something Muller doesn't want to say out loud, even if it is true.

I have zero faith in the Democrats to not do that :p

29 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

That's exactly what will happen which is why this is pointless.

• Jason changed the title to Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24