Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

9 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

How can congress issue a warrant for his arrest? A judge? I assume they can't request one..

Congress refers the matter to the US Attorney for the District of Columbia who is supposed to convene a grand jury to issue an indictment

In other words, Congress has to ask the Justice Department to indict/arrest the Attorney General, the head of the Justice Department.

• Guillotine 1

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Congress refers the matter to the US Attorney for the District of Columbia who is supposed to convene a grand jury to issue an indictment

In other words, Congress has to ask the Justice Department to indict/arrest the Attorney General, the head of the Justice Department.

I read last night that they can direct the House Sergeant-at-Arms to arrest people who are found in contempt of Congress. 

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I read last night that they can direct the House Sergeant-at-Arms to arrest people who are found in contempt of Congress. 

Maybe they can call in a favor with the Marshall of the Supreme Court. :mthinking:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I like that hes oblivious to the fact that the reason we haven't been getting along with anyone but Russia is cause he keeps attacking them, meanwhile Russia is the only one actively countering his administrations foreign policies.

He's a moron 

Normally I think Mueller would strictly avoid answering the simple question on everyone's mind, "If Donald Trump were anyone but the president would he be indicted right now?".

But with Barr attacking Mueller precisely for not making that call, I wonder if he will come right out and say it. Hell, one could make a good argument Barr's comments have made it a downright necessity for Mueller to dispense with custom and just come right out and say what I think we all suspect he was dancing around in his report.