Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Flynn had tapes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/flynn-told-mueller-people-tied-trump-congress-tried-obstruct-probe-n1006666

“The defendant informed the government of multiple instances, both before and after his guilty plea, where either he or his attorneys received communications from persons connected to the Administration or Congress that could’ve affected both his willingness to cooperate and the completeness of that cooperation,” the court papers say.

Flynn even provided a voicemail recording of one such communication, the court papers say.

Prosecutors did not identify any of the people who reached out to Flynn, but said the special counsel's office was in some instances "unaware of the outreach until being alerted to it by the defendant."

No other details were provided in the filing, but the Mueller report noted that President Donald Trump's personal lawyer left a voicemail message for Flynn in late November 2017 that addressed the possibility of him cooperating with the government.

"t wouldn't surprise me if you've gone on to make a deal with ... the government," the attorney said in the voicemail message, according to Mueller.

f... there's information that implicates the President, then we've got a national security issue [so] ... we need some kind of heads up. Just for the sake of protecting all our interests if we can .... [R]emember what we've always said about the President and his feelings toward Flynn and, that still remains."

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

How. Trump wasn’t called to testify. Mueller can wave executive privilege for his own testimony. 

I don't think he can for evidence involving Trump's administration. He could still testify but his answers would be neutered.

Just now, Reputator said:

I don't think he can for evidence involving Trump's administration. He could still testify but his answers would be neutered.

I haven't been able to find any information on what happens if a person willingly breaks executive privilege against the wishes of the President.  I don't think it's illegal, just unorthodox. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

I haven't been able to find any information on what happens if a person willingly breaks executive privilege against the wishes of the President.  I don't think it's illegal, just unorthodox. 

I could picture someone from Trump's team doing that against an opponent of his, but not by-the-book Mueller.

President Biden could unseal the crap out of everything, though. :pray:

Executive Privilege seems like one of those things that should require some kind of check from another branch of government. Like if an administration claims executive privilege to  get out of testifying before Congress then the administration has to make a case for executive privilege  before one or more  federal judges or the Supreme Court. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Biden is too much a part of the system to ever go after Trump. 

Well, he's sure talking a big game right now, while every other Dem candidate is talking about issues and policy. I'd be happy with any of them, tbh.

I think the main delay with Mueller testifying is that he is still technically employed by DoJ. As long as he works for the executive, it is very easy for them to slow role his testimony.

He will be leaving soon, but of course the catch is that you don't want him leaving before he has done all he can to put current and future investigations on a firm footing.

An extreme example is that Mueller could have resigned in protest the day after the Barr Memo and ran to Congress. And then guess who would have been in sole control of the redaction process?

49 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Well, he's sure talking a big game right now, while every other Dem candidate is talking about issues and policy. I'd be happy with any of them, tbh.

Warren seems to walk and chew gum at the same time.

12 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I simply cannot find anything describing a "penalty" (legal or otherwise) that would be imposed for violating executive privilege.

It strikes me that this is one of those stupid "norm" things that people are afraid of violating because of "reasons".

You mean treasons 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-rep-justin-amash-says-trump-should-be-impeached/2019/05/18/be3c3b3c-79a6-11e9-bd25-c989555e7766_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3xwA5_fyoX3apBWnEB4TTnHWm2go0zFAcotDS0Ez4mr5SB8BCjV4ysMT8&utm_term=.64f3c89fa70b

Amash wrote that after reading the 448-page report, he had concluded that not only did Mueller’s team show Trump attempting to obstruct justice, but that Attorney General William P. Barr had “deliberately misrepresented” the findings. He added that “few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report.”

“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” Amash wrote.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-rep-justin-amash-says-trump-should-be-impeached/2019/05/18/be3c3b3c-79a6-11e9-bd25-c989555e7766_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3xwA5_fyoX3apBWnEB4TTnHWm2go0zFAcotDS0Ez4mr5SB8BCjV4ysMT8&utm_term=.64f3c89fa70b

Amash wrote that after reading the 448-page report, he had concluded that not only did Mueller’s team show Trump attempting to obstruct justice, but that Attorney General William P. Barr had “deliberately misrepresented” the findings. He added that “few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report.”

“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” Amash wrote.

So how long until the RINO calls start

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Such a bad take

Ya, so horrible that she wants to end US interference around the world and work to make the lives of Americans better.

everyone hates her, but nobody has a decent reason why (aside from her actions/words as s teen/young adult, almost two decades ago).

• 2 weeks later...