Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Pulling people off the voter rolls would probably be less obvious than outright flipping votes, but like I said, it amounts to the same thing.

Remember the voting machines in Texas that were managing to Vote Cruz on a straight party Democratic vote? Texas officials were like “oh well”. 

I’m not saying it was Russia, but I am saying that even it were Officials still we’re unable or unwilling to do anything to correct it. 

54 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Remember the voting machines in Texas that were managing to Vote Cruz on a straight party Democratic vote? Texas officials were like “oh well”. 

I’m not saying it was Russia, but I am saying that even it were Officials still we’re unable or unwilling to do anything to correct it. 

Happy accident

9 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That didn’t happen, though the real story isn’t much better.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/negayg/texas-voting-machines-have-been-a-known-problem-for-a-decade

No collusion!

In the months before Kirstjen Nielsen was forced to resign, she tried to focus the White House on one of her highest priorities as homeland security secretary: preparing for new and different Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election.

President Trump’s chief of staff told her not to bring it up in front of the president.

Ms. Nielsen left the Department of Homeland Security early this month after a tumultuous 16-month tenure and tensions with the White House. Officials said she had become increasingly concerned about Russia’s continued activity in the United States during and after the 2018 midterm elections — ranging from its search for new techniques to divide Americans using social media, to experiments by hackers, to rerouting internet traffic and infiltrating power grids.

But in a meeting this year, Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff, made it clear that Mr. Trump still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory. According to one senior administration official, Mr. Mulvaney said it “wasn’t a great subject and should be kept below his level.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

10 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Just close your social media accounts to kill those companies and end the b.s. Even if it's just conservatives on there, they'll get bored on their own without having people to pwn.

Youve obviously never looked at Breitbart comments. The Alt-right loves a good political circle-jerk. Back pats and reach arounds for everyone. 

7 hours ago, Jose said:

I know you're obsessed with this clip, but 99% of voters never saw it.

Bullshit. It was shared on every sm platform in the world millions of times. 

But it that’s the least of her worries. Fact is, except for the hardcore democratic base, Hillary was a hated person. She was unlikeable on the campaign trail, she was dismissive of the flyover states, she had her email and Benghazi hanging over her (even if they were both bullshit). 

Its not not like her being a bad candidate is revisionism, that’s an absolute lie. Everybody but the Clinton base had problems with her. She was arrogant. It’s not like people only started disliking her after she lost.

22 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Flawed candidate?  Nah, she was one of the most qualified candidates ever.

Flawed campaign?  Abso-fucking-lutely.

She was only a flawed candidate in that she was so unlikeable, not entirely through her own doing (though she certainly contributed to it). Otherwise, I agree on all counts.

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

She was only a flawed candidate in that she was so unlikeable, not entirely through her own doing (though she certainly contributed to it). Otherwise, I agree on all counts.

Yup. She's the least genuine and probably fakest candidate ever. 

At least Trump was his own miserable, hateful self. Hillary was like an actor, but not a good actor. Like a daytime soap actor. 

16 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Her campaign is only seen as flawed because she lost. Three million more votes and more than any other but Obama kinda dashes the idea she was unpopular.  "Unpopular enough in just the wrong places" isn't the same as "unpopular".

It shouldn't have even been close being against a candidate like Donald Trump. 

16 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Her campaign is only seen as flawed because she lost. Three million more votes and more than any other but Obama kinda dashes the idea she was unpopular.  "Unpopular enough in just the wrong places" isn't the same as "unpopular".

That’s kinda the whole point of a campaign, to win the Presidency, not the popular vote.  She arrogantly ignored the swing states, flying back and forth between New York and California fundraising with celebrities.  Her analytics team was far inferior to Trump’s.  She picked the most vanilla VP candidate ever that appealed to nobody.  So yeah, it was flawed and a failure.

People blaming Hilary for losing to Trump are letting the real people responsible for his victory off the hook... The American Electorate.  The youth and minority vote that couldn't be bothered to show up this time, the Bernie supporters who took their ball and stayed home because their guy didn't win, the Obama voters who flipped to Trump for whatever the fuck reason, and yes the racists and misogynists who couldn't bear to suffer a female president after 8 years of a black one and who wanted to "take their country back". Trump was elected because that's who we were as a country at the time of his election and he is a reflection of that.  Yes the Russians interfered but only by taking advantage of the gullible and ignorant. Writing Trump's victory off as Hillary being a flawed candidate is overly simplistic as hell. They're ALL flawed candidates and fewer were more flawed than Trump... yet he beat Hillary and 15 more qualified Republicans in spite of that.

• Thanks 1