Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

Just now, Jason said:

Hmmm, if Mueller accepts an invitation that likely says a lot about how he feels Barr has characterized things and how vital it is for details to get out.

On the flip side, I could see this backfiring on Dems. If Mueller comes and testifies, but is conservative in what he shares(not inconsistent with his character) then when the dust settles the day after Republicans might be able to say, "You got it straight from Mueller's mouth, why do you need the report?".

Also, if the DoJ releases a redacted version, waiting until after you see what they are trying to hide might give you a better idea of what you need to ask Mueller about.

26 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Hmmm, if Mueller accepts an invitation that likely says a lot about how he feels Barr has characterized things and how vital it is for details to get out.

On the flip side, I could see this backfiring on Dems. If Mueller comes and testifies, but is conservative in what he shares(not inconsistent with his character) then when the dust settles the day after Republicans might be able to say, ".

Also, if the DoJ releases a redacted version, waiting until after you see what they are trying to hide might give you a better idea of what you need to ask Mueller about.

More likely: ineffectual questioning leads to nothing new or noteworthy, allows Republicans to say "You got it straight from Mueller's mouth, why do you need the report?"

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Mueller Report Exceeds 300 Pages, Raising Questions About Four-Page Summary

I'd just like to see the whole thing just to be 100% that, while Trump's indicted/convicted cronies had contacts and broke the law, Trump was just a useful idiot at best. That's all.

To be fair, Barr wrote his summary before he even had the job.

• Guillotine 1

3 hours ago, Jason said:

What if Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are both part of a hive mind collective, self aware slurry consisting of food poisoning inspired diarrhea, syphillitic cum, and herpetic scabs that occasionally congeal and wear a suit made of human flesh and wander in front of cable news cameras?

I'd honestly feel better about that compared to reality. It would also explain an awful lot about Rand's haircut.

8 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Why do you think he goes on Fox News?

I know that is the reason he goes to Fox News. I just wish they would turn on him leaving him no place to hide. I know I just thought if Trump can live in his own fantasy land I thought I could live in mine.

15 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I know that is the reason he goes to Fox News. I just wish they would turn on him leaving him no place to hide. I know I just thought if Trump can live in his own fantasy land I thought I could live in mine.

The actual journalists on Fox call him out on his bullshit, which is why he goes to guys like Hannity.