Update: Mueller to testify before House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees on July 24

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Upstate NY, Binghamton, and i'm maybe 15 miles from the station.

K, I ask because a lot of times, temperatures on a 7-Day are going to be geared toward the city the station is in. There could be big swings in other areas depending on geography. I don't know how they give the forecasts, but usually, many will try to make it as specific as possible through each town when forecasting rain chances, snow accumulation and temperature differences.

Some forecasts are going to be a bust since this is predicting the future at the end of the day, and sometimes every model is way off (not often, but it happens) so you have to be really impressive making adjustments to correct them, but if everything is wrong, you might just be watching a bad station lol. 

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Read like you love your life; it's clearly hard to concentrate when distracted.

And come put your head on my shoulder. :hug:

I’ll be in Tampa and Orlando in a few weeks, so I might have to find you wherever you are in the great state of Florida <3

Just now, sblfilms said:

I’ll be in Tampa and Orlando in a few weeks, so I might have to find you wherever you are in the great state of Florida <3

I would fucking love to see you, dude!

I remember Vital and I had a conversation years ago, something Reagan related. I saw him in person, and it was way easier to explain this shit we were talking about on the board. I think I just fucking suck at it sometimes here. :lol: 

33 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Upstate NY, Binghamton, and i'm maybe 15 miles from the station, I know why they're binghamton temps are fucked, because they use the airport, which is further north and elevated, but no reason to give predictions like last week showing a map of everyone getting 4-7 then getting nothing just like the weather app said, lol.

You know, you got me thinking about forecasting and snow now. Since it snowed in Georgia when I worked there years ago, lemme tell you about one instance about how we made our forecast and maybe this will help explain what goes into forecasting and how errors can be made:

All right, so this was middle of the night, our chief meteorologist and I were getting our forecast ready for when the morning show was going to start. So we looked at the current temps, which were in the 20s. Then we looked at a bunch of models, and there are tons that compute all this stuff and then put in their estimates hour by hour. One of the ones we use a lot had something like 35 at 3am, 34 at 5am, etc. etc. So we looked at that and said, "Okay, it's already off by over 10 degrees, so let's just throw that out," and we used the other ones instead. 

Then, we had to take into account that the ground was blanketed in snow. All models showed highs at around 36, above freezing, but snow makes it very hard for the ground to warm and also reflects more heat from the sunlight. Add in the fact that it was cloudy, and the correct assumption was that the models were failing to take into account all of this.

The high ended up being in the 20s despite all models going way warmer than that. If you took all the other variables into consideration, your forecast would have said that, but if not, your forecast was likely off.

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

None of this will change the fact that Trump and the GOP will win in 2020.

False. The investigation had nothing to do with Dems retaking Congress in 2018 and it will not prevent them from winning the presidency in 2020.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

None of this will change the fact that Trump and the GOP will win in 2020.

These takes are pretty annoying, hes consistently polled where hes at steadily for a year and the only time it ever really changed was the shut down when it plummeted, and his lowest was during the healthcare debacle which he is now wading into aimlessly again.  The GOP was handily defeated in November despite the base showing up, and Russia being almost non existent on voters minds.

Just now, marioandsonic said:

True.  It's the Democrats' incompetence that will will prevent a 2020 victory.

This is said every election whether they win or lose that election, ever since 2006 at least (which is when I cast my first vote). :p 

We know that Democrats have a realistic shot since Trump remains unpopular in March of 2019, but that Trump has a realistic shot because he's an incumbent, has a more consolidated base and could be more popular next year. That's all we know.

I love how RedSoxFan embraces shit posting - including mocking people who just died of brain cancer - but he can't handle even the slightest bit of just desserts. It's nice to see that on top of becoming insufferably obnoxious, 2016 also turned you into a huge hypocrite. 

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I love how RedSoxFan embraces shit posting - including mocking people who just died of brain cancer - but he can't handle even the slightest bit of just desserts. It's nice to see that on top of becoming insufferably obnoxious, 2016 also turned you into a huge hypocrite. 

Seriously. RSF calling someone an internet tough guy is too ironic for my tastes, man. It's like he's getting pissed at himself.

Of all the polling people to go after, let's go after the guy that got into fucking Twitter wars in the weeks before the election because he was insisting Trump had a solid chance of winning. We even had a thread about it on here! I assume it got wiped. What a shame.