~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

I asked it for names you could name a dog but not a kid and got:

Here are some suggestions for names that could be used for a dog but not a person:

Fido

Rover

Zeus

Lady

Duke

Baron

Princess

Winnie

Winnie the pooh

Max

Rex

Bella

Charlie

Rocky

Bruno

Coco

Jasper

Zeus

Coco

Rusty

Rusty

Jake

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Zeus

Also it's like Google in the sense that you kind of have to upend the entire way you ask questions.

I want to see a conversation between a person who's a doctoral linguist and can speak every language and two children under the age of twelve (one boy and one girl). They're trying to agree on a list of dog names that can't also be people names. After a long time they find a way to agree on a top ten list. Just give me the list.

1. Marley
  2. Zeus
  3. Max
  4. Bailey
  5. Rocky
  6. Buddy
  7. Duke
  8. Molly
  9. Coco
  10. Bella

List isn't perfect obviously, distinguishing between pet and human names isn't always straightforward!

8 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I bought an Xbox to play Cowadooty for five seconds and now I’m regretting my purchaseugh. I could be playing God of War right now. Need a coastal liberal elite to cashapp me $250 so I can sell the Xbox and get as PS5 lmao 

Best I can do is about tree fiddy.

• True 1

I know most of you say "who?" when I mention him or otherwise don't care but Max recently announced he lost his good boy Benny. A lot of you have gone through the same thing and really there are no words to describe such a loss. He was such a big part of his stream, he was almost like a mascot for the show in a way. This is obviously terrible for him but also for everyone else in the community who followed him. :rose:

3 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I missed the week-long open enrollment window at work. FML. I wrote the HR people this morning to see if anything can be done but it’s Saturday and the window closed last night. So I’m panicking right now. Anybody ever been in this situation before?

Enrollment for what, exactly?

4 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I missed the week-long open enrollment window at work. FML. I wrote the HR people this morning to see if anything can be done but it’s Saturday and the window closed last night. So I’m panicking right now. Anybody ever been in this situation before?

A week?!? That’s it?!

3 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Both my little girls have RSV and it’s terrifying. We took the little one to the ER because she looked like she was working way too hard to breathe. She had a 102.8 fever. Thankfully it’s gone down and the breathing is better but Jesus Christ 

Dude I’m happy it’s improving. We all got sick in my house and my little girl started having a fever and one night she was just gently whimpering so we took her to the InstaCare and I was just bawling hearing her like that. She was okay and is doing great now but those moments were just so terrifying. 

• Hugs 5

I just get the cheapest plan offered because I figured If I’m at the point where I’m worrying about an extra grand or two oop I’m already fucked. But I’m single with no kids so I don’t have to worry about other people needing it. I also do smart things like never going to see a doctor because I assume I can’t afford whatever they’re gonna find.

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bought myself a Criterion Channel subscription as an early Christmas present and it’s going to make me infinitely more annoying. 

King. 

I've watched a few Criterion Collection movies where they're out on Amazon or HBO or whatever. Really good stuff. 

You'll be pleased to know that Werner Herzog has one single streaming service subscription, and it's the Criterion Channel. 

• Hugs 1

On 12/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

Usually in late November or early December Americans have to gamble with how sick they think they’re going to be over the next year and choose an insurance plan they are locked into for the next year. 

Some Canadians have the monopoly Jr version but it varies from company to company. For us it's more min/maxing how much we want in HSA vs Wellness to spend on things not covered by the drug plan/dental and how much left over for billing gym expenses to Wellness.