~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Woke up after 4 hours of sleep and wasn't falling back asleep, so got up to make breakfast and then crawled back into bed hoping to get a REM cycle. Proceeded to have several dreams in a row where I was struggling to wake up, and proceeded to realize I was still dreaming. Makes me wonder if I actually was kinda-sorta waking up and immediately passing back out. 

You’re still asleep. This is all a dream.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Did they pull this before or after they announced a “record breaking year” for the company like mine did?

My sister in law called me yesterday from the break room at work to try and explain an email she and her coworkers had just received about a bonus. The email was typical puffy language only to eventually say they weren’t getting a full bonus because they missed some performance metrics.

Literally the next day the hospital system announced their best quarterly profits ever

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My sister in law called me yesterday from the break room at work to try and explain an email she and her coworkers had just received about a bonus. The email was typical puffy language only to eventually say they weren’t getting a full bonus because they missed some performance metrics.

Literally the next day the hospital system announced their best quarterly profits ever

We made the most money ever, but you know our CSAT scores were 90% instead of 100% (or pick your favorite BS metric that doesn't matter) and the company didn't make as much as it potentially could have so y'all are getting punished.

14 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

So, my cousin brought up a truck load of crap from my birth givers house yesterday.

My n64 was in it, yes I hooked it up, yes it works, yes it was amazing. My fiancé got to see me be a kid all over again. Mario Kart wasn’t in the boxes though.😭

I still have my OoT and Majora gold carts, I’ve been thinking of getting them framed in a shadowbox since there’s no sense just letting them sit in a closet. 

Got a reply on a dating app and her first question for me is if I'm Jewish (because she's Jewish so she presumably wants to date other Jews, not because she's a Kanye fan) and oh man, I find it really unappealing that she cares whether I'm Jewish to the point that it's the very first thing she's asking me. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Got a reply on a dating app and her first question for me is if I'm Jewish (because she's Jewish so she presumably wants to date other Jews, not because she's a Kanye fan) and oh man, I find it really unappealing that she cares whether I'm Jewish to the point that it's the very first thing she's asking me. 

What else would you expect on jdate??

20 hours ago, Jason said:

see this is why dating apps fucking blow

On 12/2/2022 at 11:57 PM, Jason said:

maybe she just has a good mother

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

So. I continue to go through boxes my cousin brought, I spent the last day cleaning my shed and got that up and working too.

but, about an hour ago I opened this other box full of 2600 games. There’s an actual copy of ET in there.

you old

18 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

uh so this gpt 3 thing is absolutely bonkers insane I hate this phrasing but I think I'm literally losing my mind here

It’s fun to play with!

I used your post as an input

Yes, GPT-3 is a very impressive language model that has been generating a lot of buzz recently. It uses machine learning algorithms to generate human-like text based on the input it receives. While it is not perfect and still has limitations, it is a major step forward in the field of natural language processing.

If you're feeling overwhelmed by GPT-3, don't worry - you're not alone. It can be disorienting to see a machine produce such human-like text, but it's important to remember that it is still just a machine and not a replacement for human intelligence.

So far it's helped me develop a highly detailed bulleted list to guide adaptation of my resume to a specific federal job posting, understanding the quirks related to building a resume for a fed job. I feel like if I did this at the computer I could get it to eat my actual resume and rewrite it for me. 

Also it synthesized game rules between fourth and fifth edition dungeons and dragons. I asked it to develop a chart of rewards for each fifth edition skill as if there was a "town visit" group skill check.  Here's what it gave me:

Spoiler

Skill

Reward

Athletics

A free training session with a local master-at-arms

Acrobatics

A free performance at the town's theater

Survival

A discount on supplies at the local outfitter

Perception

A free map of the town and surrounding area

Insight

A free consultation with the town's sage

Persuasion

A free drink at the town's tavern

Stealth

A free sneak attack during the next combat encounter

Investigation

A free clue to a local mystery or quest

Nature

A free sample of a local herbal remedy

Animal Handling

A free pet from the town's animal seller

Medicine

A free healing potion from the town's alchemist

Deception

A free disguise kit from the town's seamstress

I asked it to name a new ship in Star Trek that was designed to hunt and capture criminals and it came back with several choices as inspiration including my favorite the HMS Beagle. 

I asked it for ideas for film double features that we could talk about on our podcast (remember that?) .. it gave me a huge list of double features that included pairing The Shawshank Redemption with The Notebook and included a surprisingly competent summary of why. 

It also gave me an outline of an episode of The Muppet Show starring Kate Bush that got my wife and I both, I must admit, a little verklempt.

All of that has just been what I've done today in my spare time.

Yes, it's a little fun to play around with.