Silly question but I'm interested

best3444

Which game would you pick?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would you rather have released?

• The Elders Scrolls VI
    • GTA 6

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm a fantasy man and I dislike it when games have 2+ simultaneous MCs.

Fair. I rock back in forth between preferring fantasy over realism. Right now I'm a fantasy guy but last month I was all about realism while playing RDR2. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I know absolutely nothing about Avowed. Is the team working on it the same as Fallout New Vegas?

Same company, not sure about the team.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

After the trash that was The Outer Worlds, I have no faith.

Gotta have faith faith faith, baby 

I'll probably go with GTA6.  To be honest, I'm not super passionate about either franchise.   Bethesda's gameplay mechanics are archaic and janky and I've had considerably more fun with classic Saints Row games over GTA.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I prolly won't be getting either TES6 or GTA6. But if I were to get one, TES6 is easily the one I'd pick cuz 1 MC and Fantasy. I would love a new GTA but I really didn't like 5 and 6 isn't looking any better. 

I picked Elders Scrolls VI. I'm currently playing a modded Skyrim and it's like playing a new game. I'm in love with this and it looks absolutely beautiful on the OLED Steam Deck. 

If it had better combat (using magic really saves this area) then I'd easily put it in my top 10 favorite games ever. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

If it's the team behind Outer Worlds I'm extremely skeptical about Avowed. 

I believe this will be the POE team while the Outer Worlds team is working on Outer Worlds 2. Outer Worlds might have just been too much for their size at that time, they have a lot more resources now, I wouldn’t write the studio off from that game.

• Halal 1

If I can be guaranteed a true leap in the systems / engine / quest design / what have you for Elder Scrolls, I would pick that. The problem is, while I didn't hate Starfield, it seems like Bethesda is at "we're making the same games but they basically work as they should now and they look pretty good." And I'm afraid that even with that fantasy setting that I love, that might not be enough for me. 

I have a lot more confidence in the overall quality of the next GTA game. So given real world conditions, I would pick that. 

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Starfield to Elder Scrolls, in terms of quality. There were so many things they tried that were new (to Bethesda) in Starfield. Whether they succeeded in most of them seems to depend on who you ask. 

But Elder Scrolls has a world and a template already in place. They know how to make an ES game. Again, whether that's enjoyable or not depends on who you ask.

I have always personally enjoyed the Elder Scrolls series far more than GTA. GTA is fine, but I've honestly never been able to get through an entire story, in any of them. I get so bored and burnt out on them, and it probably doesn't help much that I haven't liked any of the characters in GTA IV or V.

And GTA Online was just annoying.

12 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Starfield to Elder Scrolls, in terms of quality. There were so many things they tried that were new (to Bethesda) in Starfield. Whether they succeeded in most of them seems to depend on who you ask. 

But Elder Scrolls has a world and a template already in place. They know how to make an ES game. Again, whether that's enjoyable or not depends on who you ask.

I think it’s fair. They tried some new things, but I was disappointed how much it was just elder scrolls in space. It’s gonna be a lot of the same writers writing quests, I assume, for instance, and while Starfield’s quests aren't bad on the whole, they are certainly very safe. I will play and enjoy a game in the ES universe that plays it safe, don’t get me wrong, but I will be disappointed if that’s all it is. And I think that would probably be the last straw for me in terms of hope that Bethesda as we know it now could make a game that hypnotizes me into playing it for hours on end like several of their past games have. 

It is hard for me to determine what exactly it is about starfield that bores me. I do think a lot of it is the universe traversal…I would have rather they pick a single planet or couple of planets / moons. Because I get no true sense of space with the way the game is designed now. It FEELS like I’m just loading in different areas, not like I’m traveling between galaxies. Cuz often times in the moment to moment gameplay I do have a lot of fun with the combat and the looting and what have you, and then it’s like ok… I’ve done essentially all there is to do on this planet I guess. Time to move on. 

I guess one of the things I love about Skyrim is walking around and stumbling into something I wasn’t planning on doing because I thought a cave looked interesting or I found a new town. You don’t get those moments in starfield. You do your shit and you fast travel back. 

• Halal 1

ES6 is winning. It's close. @Paperclyp You are dead on in your post. I'm currently playing Starfield and Skyrim and Skyrim is designed better. It's the better game for exploration and discovery. Starfield doesn’t give you that like you mentioned. Its loading an area, then fast travel back to another place. There is no true space traversal in the game. Don't get me wrong, I really like Starfield and overall I find people too hard on it. 

I think @stepee review of it was absolutely perfect. 

23 hours ago, Bacon said:

I mean, I was smart enough to even try the game. I was turned off from the minute I saw it.

Well, I’m so smart I paid $35 for early access. I almost immediately regretted it. But I stuck with it for about 8 hours and just never clicked with me. It’s just a dull, boring and uninspired lazy shell of a video game. Cost me $35 to figure that out when I could have just waited for the gamepass release. That’s how smart I am :monkey:

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, nublood said:

Well, I’m so smart I paid $35 for early access. I almost immediately regretted it. But I stuck with it for about 8 hours and just never clicked with me. It’s just a dull, boring and uninspired lazy shell of a video game. Cost me $35 to figure that out when I could have just waited for the gamepass release. That’s how smart I am :monkey:

I’m glad Starfield was free on GamePass. It’s a cool game and a true Bethesda experience but after playing Baldur’s Gate 3 it pales in comparison. I payed $70 for BG3 and it’s been worth every penny. If I had paid that for Starfield I would have been somewhat disappointed I’m not gonna lie. 

Honestly, ES6. I’ve never completed a GTA game and get bored with them very quickly. While I won’t disregard the scope and detail in GTA games. 

There’s a chance I won’t love ES6, but I bet I’d play it more than a GTA game. I don’t think I’ve ever played a GTA game more than a dozen hours before Ingot bored, tried to get the largest and longest running 5 star wanted level I can for a hour or so and then I put the game down forever. Odds are, based on my gaming history, I’ll play an ES6 for at least a hundred hours.