TIME's person of the year is...

NEWS.POLLSTAR.COM

Taylor Swift has just accomplished the impossible; something extraordinary that no other artist in history has ever done: Her “Eras Tour” grossed over $1

Taylor Swift has just accomplished the impossible; something extraordinary that no other artist in history has ever done: Her “Eras Tour” grossed over $1 billion — $1,039,263,762 — making it the single highest-grossing trek of all time and the first tour ever to cross the 10-digit threshold. This figure is an estimate based on Pollstar Boxoffice Reports combined with extensive research including ticket prices in each market, record capacities at each venue and comparable tour data.

That Swift, 33, accomplished this in only eight months, in which she played 60 shows coinciding with Pollstar’s chart year (Nov. 17, 2022 – Nov. 15, 2023), which included the tour’s debut on March 17 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ, and ending on Nov. 11 at Estadio Más Monumental in Buenos Aires, makes her accomplishment even more remarkable. In that time, she sold a mind-boggling 4.3 million tickets at an average ticket price of $238.95, putting her average show gross at a massive $17,321,063 for this leg of the tour. It should be noted her average ticket price wasn’t the highest priced. In fact, of the top 20 tours on the 2023 Worldwide Tours chart alone, she was only the fifth highest.

Still, her tour set all kinds of stadium records, including six shows at L.A. County’s SoFi Stadium, the highest three-day attendance totals ever at N.J.’s MetLife (217,635) and Dallas’ AT&T Stadium (210,607) and single-day records at Nashville’s Nissan Stadium (71K), Pittsburgh’s Acrisure Stadium (73,117) and Lumen Field (72,171).

Screen-Shot-2023-12-07-at-9.51.13-PM-102

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I would respect her more if she wasn't a billionaire. Just donate $900 million to charity/causes and you'll still be fine.

I've been trying to decide how effectual that actually is. I feel like many charities have sometimes significant problems and it's almost hopeless for them to make lasting change. I want to say we need societal level organization that kind of has to be done by government with a strong focus on social programs.

Naturally, our current governments suck and it's unclear if we can ever make them good. However, I guess my take is I don't really fault billionaires for existing. I blame society for not being properly organized. It's similar (though not the same magnitude) as blaming people for not being more conscientious about their water usage when there is very little that will accomplish and there are much larger social solutions needed, even if everyone was "better" about it.

I will, however, blame billionaires who *fight* efforts to have better social programs because they want to horde their wealth. Those people can get fucked.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

38 minutes ago, legend said:

I've been trying to decide how effectual that actually is. I feel like many charities have sometimes significant problems and it's almost hopeless for them to make lasting change. I want to say we need societal level organization that kind of has to be done by government with a strong focus on social programs.

Naturally, our current governments suck and it's unclear if we can ever make them good. However, I guess my take is I don't really fault billionaires for existing. I blame society for not being properly organized. It's similar (though not the same magnitude) as blaming people for not being more conscientious about their water usage when there is very little that will accomplish and there are much larger social solutions needed, even if everyone was "better" about it.

I will, however, blame billionaires who *fight* efforts to have better social programs because they want to horde their wealth. Those people can get fucked.

There are certainly degrees of harm caused by wealth, but I'd still prefer if she just picked 10 under-funded school districts and built them new schools or something.

• Like 2
  • True 1

CHIEFSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Twitter went crazy after Tony Romo referred to Taylor Swift as #Chiefs TE Travis Kelce’s wife.

One of the only notable occurrences in the game for Kansas City was a sound bite from CBS broadcaster Tony Romo who described pop superstar Taylor Swift as tight end Travis Kelce’s wife.

:shock:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Brick said:

OK but is she personally a billionaire, or just her tour has made a billion dollars? 

WWW.FORBES.COM

What distinguishes the 33-year-old singer-songwriter from other wealthy artists is...

But in a rare feat, Swift’s billionaire status was achieved largely by music, which puts her in a unique category with artists like Bruce Springsteen, who earned $1 billion from “on the road touring,” per Forbes.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

She earned it.  She created a market for her entertainment, and people have voluntarily given her money for said entertainment.  Good for her. 

I think it's definitely one of the most ethical cases of someone being a billionaire, in terms of producing art and then selling it...though I still say she's evil for accumulating that much wealth without spending it, lol :p 

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think it's definitely one of the most ethical cases of someone being a billionaire, in terms of producing art and then selling it...though I still say she's evil for accumulating that much wealth without spending it, lol :p 

At least she hasn't turned out like J.K. Rowling...yet:s

• Sicko Sherman 1

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

WWW.USATODAY.COM

Map out Taylor Swift's philanthropy and one finds the singer's approach to giving...

Map out Swift’s philanthropy and one finds the singer’s empathetic approach to giving is deeply personal and powerful, transcending political divides. That includes her support of friends, cancer patients, sexual assault survivors, disaster relief organizations and food banks along her Eras Tour. The list goes on. 

WWW.CNN.COM

When the Arizona Food Bank Network received a call that Taylor Swift wanted to make a hefty donation to the charity as she kicked off her Eras...

When the Arizona Food Bank Network received a call that Taylor Swift wanted to make a hefty donation to the charity as she kicked off her Eras tour in the state, some staffers thought it was a prank.

But it was no joke. The megastar, who is raking in big bucks from her blockbuster concerts, has been giving back to communities where she plays. From Georgia to Michigan to Texas to California and in between, food banks have benefited.

In Arizona, Swift’s donation in March allowed the network to send several tractor-trailers filled with 40,000 pounds of fresh produce to its member food banks, said Terri Shoemaker, a spokesperson at the nonprofit organization. Plus, it bolstered funding for programs aimed at combating hunger, such as helping eligible children gain access to free and reduced-price school meals and senior citizens obtain food stamps.

16 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The true evil lies in NFL commentators who won’t call a Chiefs game without f*cking mentioning her and cutting to footage of her watching her boyfriend prance around the field.

I’m seriously triggered by it now.

• Haha 4