Subway to sell itself for $9.55 billion to private equity firm Roark Capital who already own everything else

6KA6XHAWIVKQRGWWQXHLTD6EAY.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Subway would sell itself to private equity Roark Capital for $9.55 billion after agreeing to attach conditions to some of the windfall the two families that own it will get, sources said, ending a long-drawn auction that saw several competing bids.

Subway would sell itself to private equity Roark Capital for $9.55 billion after agreeing to attach conditions to some of the windfall the two families that own it will get, sources said, ending a long-drawn auction that saw several competing bids.

These conditions, known as an earn-out, defer payment on part of the deal consideration, the sources familiar with the matter said.

For the full price to be paid, Subway's cash flow would need to reach certain milestones over a specified period after the deal closes, they said.

The deal was valued at $8.95 billion, excluding the earn-out target, sources said.

The Roark Capital Empire:

https://www.roarkcapital.com/portfolio

The last time I stepped into a subway was pre-pandemic. And it wasn't even a real subway, but one attached to a walmart. It smelled good so I got my regular order of a bacon and meatball sub with mozz cheese - toasted. I enjoyed it as I always have.

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Subway feels like the Gamestop of fast food and i can't remember the last time I stepped foot in either one of them. 

the sad thing for me is they are the closes sandwich place near my work. But they get better the further from work I go. Next being Jimmy John’s and further still Firehouse Subs. So for me it depends on how little time I have to get something and eat. They’re not at their worst, but they are a far cry from their best. And they feel over priced compared to the quality of their contemporaries. 

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
6KA6XHAWIVKQRGWWQXHLTD6EAY.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Subway would sell itself to private equity Roark Capital for $9.55 billion after agreeing to attach conditions to some of the windfall the two families that own it will get, sources said, ending a long-drawn auction that saw several...

The Roark Capital Empire:

https://www.roarkcapital.com/portfolio

What a random assortment of businesses.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

the sad thing for me is they are the closes sandwich place near my work. But they get better the further from work I go. Next being Jimmy John’s and further still Firehouse Subs. So for me it depends on how little time I have to get something and eat. They’re not at their worst, but they are a far cry from their best. And they feel over priced compared to the quality of their contemporaries. 

Well that's the problem. I could deal with Subway if they were cheaper but it's what $15 for a foot long chips and a coke? Fuck that when any of the other 2 you mentioned aren't much more for the same thing except way better. 

18 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The last time I stepped into a subway was pre-pandemic. And it wasn't even a real subway, but one attached to a walmart. It smelled good so I got my regular order of a bacon and meatball sub with mozz cheese - toasted. I enjoyed it as I always have.

I despise Subway but their meatball sub with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese was always good imo. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I still love Subway idgaf but their prices are pretty crazy compared to the actual quality of the food. I don’t care myself because I’m willing to pay for their particular mixture but I can see why people would think it’s a shit value.

I haven't been to subway since thier footlong was $5. How much are they now?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I haven't been to subway since thier footlong was $5. How much are they now?

Well the $5 footlong thing was a special with a rotating one a week idk what their specials are like now, but I remember a regular sub being like $7 back then for a footlong and now it’s like $10. If you add extra cheese and extra meat you get to a $15 sandwich real quick 

• Shocked 1

They’ve revamped their menu and it’s actually better. I still won’t choose them over Firehouse or Jersey Mike’s but when I’m visiting family and the only quick options are Subway, McDonald’s, or maybe Taco Bell, it’s not like subway is the worst of them. Went in there in my last visit and it was my first Subway in a long time and it wasn’t bad.