Subway to sell itself for $9.55 billion to private equity firm Roark Capital who already own everything else

34 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Five Guys makes their fries fresh too and they don’t suck. As mentioned if you have to cover them in stuff to make them good, then they aren’t good. 

Not just cover them in stuff, cover them in stuff that isn't displayed as an option in the store and that you have to just already know about. 

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've never really quite understood why people expend so much time and energy being concerned about the overall quality of food they consume.

It goes in and then it comes out - as long as it doesn't make you sick what does it matter?

kab used to say the same thing before he moved to the Bay Area and became poly, maybe you just need a few girlfriends to appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've never really quite understood why people expend so much time and energy being concerned about the overall quality of food they consume.

It goes in and then it comes out - as long as it doesn't make you sick what does it matter?

I know you've gone vegetarian, but have you ever just tried like Huel or Soylent or those random complete meals replacement stuff? 

45 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The fries are made fresh on the spot so you gotta eat them fast because they are real food. You can get them well done if you want them crispy. I get them animal style and it's pretty good.

It’s not that they are fresh, it’s that they aren’t blanched before frying. Well done doesn’t fix this issue. It makes the outside crispier, but the inside of fries should be fluffy and they just aren’t without either being blanched or par-fried.

13 hours ago, Chris- said:

kab used to say the same thing before he moved to the Bay Area and became poly, maybe you just need a few girlfriends to appreciate it.

I was never focused on the taste, back when I was bodybuilding, now that I’m trying to have a better relationship with food outside of input over output, I’ll enjoy occasionally. Not right now cause cutting but you, know.

What is this personal growth thing!? Can’t have that!

edit: I still won’t eat five guys eww: and still primarily live the lifestyle, cauliflower rice and chicken is my go to, but I will still do things like dinner with friends, takeout, drinks etc that I would never do before vs now where I occasionally do.  And when I do, I’m not having trash like five guys 😂

edit my shit structure 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It’s not that they are fresh, it’s that they aren’t blanched before frying. Well done doesn’t fix this issue. It makes the outside crispier, but the inside of fries should be fluffy and they just aren’t without either being blanched or par-fried.

True. If you aren't going to blanche the fries (fry them until they're pale, let them cool uncovered in a fridge for a few hours so the moisture escapes, then fry them again to order), you might as well just be using frozen fries. They're probably going to be better than using fresh cut potatoes.

Put the work in to make the fries correctly or just buy them frozen.

• Halal 1