What hot sauce do you like?

Remarkableriots

spacer.png

This is consistently available at Walmart, so has been a quick go-to staple. Also comes in an actual hot sauce bottle, if one isn't available then the other usually is. At work there's a bottle of Tapatio that only I ever touch. Not sure who bought it, but they're not around anymore.

• Like 1

@Joe’s recommendation has led to Valentina black label being my preferred hot sauce for Mexican. 

Hot Ones The Classic is a great table sauce (their new Chili Maple version is great for breakfast), as is Los Calientes. Also love Double Comfort Blues City. 

• Like 2
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

@Joe’s recommendation has led to Valentina black label being my preferred hot sauce for Mexican. 

Hot Ones The Classic is a great table sauce (their new Chili Maple version is great for breakfast), as is Los Calientes. Also love Double Comfort Blues City. 

Both the Rojo & Verde versions of their Los Calientes sauces are some of the best on the market & able to go on damn near anything! Shaquanda's makes amazing sauces that don't blow your wig bag too bad. For those really into HEAT but with a flavor that is just insanely good & worth the pain would be Monoloco PierdeAlmas.

I believe there was another thread not too long ago speaking about hot sauces, on there I believe I spoke about not only Hot Ones sauce lineups but also Heatonist.com to obtain said sauces, so many to choose from for sure, but personally I do enjoy squeeze bottle technology for a fiery sauce!

• Halal 1

I've been living really minimalist for the last year, so I don't tend to keep a lot on hand, but always, ALWAYS, I got Valentina black label on deck. It is, by far, my favorite table sauce, and it's cheap as fuck. Put down $20 on Valentina and you're set for a minute.

Shaquanda's is really good, though. So is Los Calientes. I actually also really enjoy the Last Dab. A little bit goes a long way, but it has this mustardy profile that's really good.

Adobo Loco sauces are also fucking phenomenal.

• True 1

I've never really had a hot sauce outside of various buffalo-tasting sauces which I don't really care for. Don't dislike them but I'd never get those flavors by choice.

I have had Sriracha but I don't really like it not mixed with other things. Like, it is a good ingredient but not as a dipping sauce

I've had tapatio ramen, but never the sauce.

I've never been one of those people who adds hot sauce to everything.

8 hours ago, Chris- said:

I need to try the Hot Ones sauces badly.

For a sandwich:

apollo.jpg?v=1628214582
HEATONIST.COM

Hot Ones The Last Dab is the first hot sauce in the world featuring the mysterious new Apollo Pepper. Live the Hot Ones tradition and get your bottle today!

For just about anything the Melinda's Habanero sauce is good, for wings a good Mango Habanero (BWW's Mango Habanero is notably good) and in the summer a place close to me has straight up juiced Carolina Reapers <3

7 hours ago, TheShader said:

I'm gonna go shopping for everyone who said some combination of valentinas, franks, or Sriracha. 

I've had a lot of bougie hot sauces. A lot. We've talked about this many times before.

For a table sauce that I'm going to use a shitload of in cooking (thus I don't want to spend $13 for a 5oz. bottle), it's good. You can get Valentina in a fucking gallon jug for like $25.

Does it have the complex flavors of a sauce from Shaquanda's, AdoboLoco, Secret Aardvark, or any other craft sauce maker? No. But I also don't need it to. It gets the job done without having to spend a stupid amount of money.

I’m only now not really minding some spice with my food. I love whatever the hot sauce is from Wendy’s for my chili. Also have this Turtle Jack’s Butter Hot Sauce for my wings. Plus the usual Frank’s Hot Sauce, but don’t put that shit on everything. There’s a local wings place that has a great medium spice BBQ sauce that is my favourite on my wings. I have a strain called Golden Tiger, and she’s an African/Thai landrace strain that just screams for the spice when I’ve had a toke or 2 of her. 

• Like 1