What hot sauce do you like?

Remarkableriots

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've had a lot of bougie hot sauces. A lot. We've talked about this many times before.

For a table sauce that I'm going to use a shitload of in cooking (thus I don't want to spend $13 for a 5oz. bottle), it's good. You can get Valentina in a fucking gallon jug for like $25.

Does it have the complex flavors of a sauce from Shaquanda's, AdoboLoco, Secret Aardvark, or any other craft sauce maker? No. But I also don't need it to. It gets the job done without having to spend a stupid amount of money.

When I got really into Hot Ones like a year and a half ago, I kinda went down that rabbit hole. Had a lot of interesting stuff, but at the end of the day I’m a simple guy, and I just want the bottle I can get at any grocery store for like $2. 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Well... *Spits in bucket*

.... I don't know about that other feller.... *Spit* but it kinda sounds to me like that's what you was sayin'

*Pees in bucket and maintains eye contact*

I use those sauces, too, but if they're the only or mostly only ones people have tried or keep around then I'd like to treat them to the wide world of hot sauces. I ain't crapping on anyone's bottle of Jack Daniel's by gifting them a $100 bottle of something nice for Christmas. 

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:13 PM, TheShader said:

spacer.png

This is consistently available at Walmart, so has been a quick go-to staple. Also comes in an actual hot sauce bottle, if one isn't available then the other usually is. At work there's a bottle of Tapatio that only I ever touch. Not sure who bought it, but they're not around anymore.

I will say I'm generally more into the citrusy peppers but this sauce is good on nearly anything.

• Like 1