Update: suspect arrested in Pennsylvania for Idaho student murders

This sounds like a fucking slasher movie

221116101603-university-of-idaho-victims
WWW.CNN.COM

Police in Moscow, Idaho, tried to calm growing community concerns Wednesday about the killings of four University of Idaho students -- even as police said they did not have a suspect in custody and declined to provide the public further information.

Also, Fox News' very descriptive  headline...

image-26.png?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Months before four University of Idaho students were murdered, a man allegedly menaced a group of students on campus with a knife as new photos emerged of the crime scene.

I mean jesus.

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This sounds like a fucking slasher movie

221116101603-university-of-idaho-victims
WWW.CNN.COM

Police in Moscow, Idaho, tried to calm growing community concerns Wednesday about the killings of four University of Idaho students -- even as police said they did not have a suspect in custody and declined to provide the public further information.

Also, Fox News' very descriptive  headline...

image-26.png?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Months before four University of Idaho students were murdered, a man allegedly menaced a group of students on campus with a knife as new photos emerged of the crime scene.

I mean jesus.

Blood coming from the building’s whatever 

• Shocked 1

It's absolutely baffling and terrifying that there appears to be a genuine mystery surrounding that event in Idaho.  I'd imagine that the killer(s) would've left behind at least some trace DNA evidence owing to the "up close and personal" nature of the murders themselves.

Also, last weekend there was this horrific tragedy at UVa:

221116-uva-shooting-tribute-mb-1356-671f
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A witness reported the man accused of killing D’Sean Perry, Devin Chandler and Lavel Davis Jr. appeared to be aiming at “certain people,” prosecutor James Hingeley said.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't think he can confirm nor deny this anymore since he lives in Oregon. I went to university for a bit in Idaho and honestly I can't recall if there were people there or not.

He still has family there though that doesn't necessarily qualify as confirmation either.

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Actual people live in Idaho?  I thought the state was entirely populated by an ancient race of genius potatoes.

I had a friend move out to Boise 6-7 years ago. He’s in construction management. Apparently a lot of work out there. He loves the area too.

23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's absolutely baffling and terrifying that there appears to be a genuine mystery surrounding that event in Idaho.  I'd imagine that the killer(s) would've left behind at least some trace DNA evidence owing to the "up close and personal" nature of the murders themselves.

Also, last weekend there was this horrific tragedy at UVa:

221116-uva-shooting-tribute-mb-1356-671f
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A witness reported the man accused of killing D’Sean Perry, Devin Chandler and Lavel Davis Jr. appeared to be aiming at “certain people,” prosecutor James Hingeley said.

Yeah been following this one too. Honestly this sound like another case of someone having access to a gun when they really shouldn't have. Damn shame.Sounds like the perpetrator was bullied or hazed and or kicked off the football team.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't think he can confirm nor deny this anymore since he lives in Oregon. I went to university for a bit in Idaho and honestly I can't recall if there were people there or not.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He still has family there though that doesn't necessarily qualify as confirmation either.

Yeah I live in Portland, OR but grew up in southern ID and have family there.

It's a beautiful area, but you do have to watch out for rednecks and apparently murderers. :p

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Idaho is full of people *

*white nationalists

Objectively true. Especially the beautiful northern parts in the handle. However, I'm too scared to drive through Coeur D'Alene and its surrounding areas with my non-white wife. Always take the southern portion when going to and from Washington.

• Halal 2

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fuck I hate how flippant we get about mass shootings... This shouldn't be normal. Fuck everything.

There was a serial killer abducting, torturing, and killing black women in Kansas City earlier this year. We don't even know how many women he's killed. Thanks to one of his victims escaping, he was finally arrested last month. Police found another victim chained up wearing trash bags.

It barely made national news. People who commit multiple murders are so common in this nation, people no longer have the heart to internalize what's happening. We've all become numb to the trauma and we barely even realize it.

• Halal 2

31 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

There was a serial killer abducting, torturing, and killing black women in Kansas City earlier this year. We don't even know how many women he's killed. Thanks to one of his victims escaping, he was finally arrested last month. Police found another victim chained up wearing trash bags.

It barely made national news. People who commit multiple murders are so common in this nation, people no longer have the heart to internalize what's happening. We've all become numb to the trauma and we barely even realize it.

It hasnt made news because they cant/wont find any evidence of anyone else other then the victim who escaped.

7 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

It hasnt made news because they cant/wont find any evidence of anyone else other then the victim who escaped.

Are the local PD still being obnoxious about the whole thing after claiming for months that nothing of the sort was happening in spite of complaints in the neighborhood.

I haven't really been following the story much since...

46 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

People who commit multiple murders are so common in this nation, people no longer have the heart to internalize what's happening. We've all become numb to the trauma and we barely even realize it.

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Objectively true. Especially the beautiful northern parts in the handle. However, I'm too scared to drive through Coeur D'Alene and its surrounding areas with my non-white wife. Always take the southern portion when going to and from Washington.

Coeur D’Alene had a really good hamburger place maybe 25 years ago. Dunno if it’s still there. But yeah, other than that and a pretty lake it’s Klan Kentral. 

• True 1

One week later...

221114235501-idaho-deaths-what-we-know-1
WWW.CNN.COM

One week after the the bodies of four University of Idaho students were discovered in their shared off-campus home in the town of Moscow, authorities do not have a suspect in custody nor has a weapon been found, according to Moscow Police Captain Roger Lanier.

One week after the the bodies of four University of Idaho students were discovered in their shared off-campus home in the town of Moscow, authorities do not have a suspect in custody nor has a weapon been found, according to Moscow Police Captain Roger Lanier.

Police have fielded 646 tips and have conducted more than 90 interviews so far, said Police Chief James Fry during a Sunday press conference.

“We’re trying to expedite everything that might possibly lead to a suspect,” Latah County prosecutor Bill Thompson said Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
221130190709-03-idaho-vigil-1130.jpg?c=1
WWW.CNN.COM

Detectives do not know whether one or more of the four University of Idaho students killed in their off-campus home last month were specifically targeted, police said Wednesday -- in what may be their strongest departure yet from their earlier statements.

Detectives do not know whether one or more of the four University of Idaho students killed in their off-campus home last month were specifically targeted, police said Wednesday – in what may be their strongest departure yet from their earlier statements.

Police say they’re reacting specifically to information they say a prosecutor’s office released this week about the killings in the college town of Moscow: that “the suspect(s) specifically looked at this residence,” and “that one or more of the occupants were undoubtedly targeted.”

That information released by the prosecutor’s office “was a miscommunication,” police said Wednesday.

“Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate,” the police statement reads.

Details about what the prosecutor’s office said this week weren’t immediately available. CNN has reached out to the Moscow police and the Latah County Prosecutor’s Office for clarification about Wednesday’s police statement.

Wednesday’s police statement also differs from statements police themselves have made earlier about whether the students were targeted.

The chances of this case being solved are probably less-than-zero at this point.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
221130190709-03-idaho-vigil-1130.jpg?c=1
WWW.CNN.COM

Detectives do not know whether one or more of the four University of Idaho students killed in their off-campus home last month were specifically targeted, police said Wednesday -- in what may be their strongest departure yet from their earlier statements.

The chances of this case being solved are probably less-than-zero at this point.

Odds weren’t that good to begin with anyway

VJS3rPh.png

• 4 weeks later...