RIP in Peace, Westworld

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I would like to have seen the final season, but even though I kinda enjoyed the most recent couple seasons, I doubt it was going to top where it began.

Yeah, the show was basically begging for one more season, I wish they had greenlit what was clearly going to be the final season but I'm also not surprised it didn't make it. I liked a lot of seasons 3 and 4 but they also felt small and rushed in their second halfs.

32 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

As a big fan when it first started, I'm a little sad to say I have yet to even watch any of the 4th season, now I don't know if I'll even ever bother. Truly a shame really.

You should watch it. It's not bad and waraps itself up in a way where you don't really need another season. It could easily serve as a series finale. You can teel they weren't sure they were going to get renewed.

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

At least they still haven't cancelled warrior... yet...:pray:

Just give me this thrid season and I'll be happy. Pretty sure its in production now. Not that that matters with this incarnation of HBO.

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You should watch it. It's not bad and waraps itself up in a way where you don't really need another season. It could easily serve as a series finale. You can teel they weren't sure they were going to get renewed.

Just give me this thrid season and I'll be happy. Pretty sure its in production now. Not that that matters with this incarnation of HBO.

I kind of hope, given that it's in production now, that they pivot and don't end season 3 on a cliffhanger. I'd like to think they wouldn't anyway, given the show has already been resurrected from the dead once. They know they're on borrowed time.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

So Westworld is actually going to be removed from HBO Max entirely, like those animated shows that they pulled.

westworld-the-nevers.jpg?w=1000&h=562&cr
VARIETY.COM

"The Nevers" has been canceled by HBO and pulled from HBO Max along with "Westworld."

... Does it cost them money to keep it on?

Apparently it was actually showrunners Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan who declined to do season 5 after being given a severely reduced budget to make it and they didn't want to "compromise" their artistic vision (similar to how Michael Green and Bryan Fuller walked away from American Gods after season 1 due to budget issues). 

l-intro-1671156264.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

What if we just ... gave creators the budgets they deserve?

On 12/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, Ricofoley said:

So Westworld is actually going to be removed from HBO Max entirely, like those animated shows that they pulled.

westworld-the-nevers.jpg?w=1000&h=562&cr
VARIETY.COM

"The Nevers" has been canceled by HBO and pulled from HBO Max along with "Westworld."

Do you want people to pirate all of your stuff? Because that's how you get people to pirate all of your stuff.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Do you want people to pirate all of your stuff? Because that's how you get people to pirate all of your stuff.

They're removing a lot of shows and sending them to free streaming services so there's really no need to pirate it or even if you do pirate them, it doesn't hurt them really because they sent it to a free service anyway that is likely generating ad revenue. A lot of these streaming service are also getting into free streamers as well that pretty much function like network tv. Tubi, Pluto, Freevee and a couple of others are some of the ones I know about. Whatever money HBO will lose from pirating they'll make up in licensing fees.