Greater Fort Meyers / Cape Coral Area looking to take a direct hit from Cat 4 Hurricane Ian

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Pressure has remained the same since 635am. This is gonna be historic but the state will take anything it can get at this point. I’m hoping that pressure will increase even a little prior to landfall.

I’m busy and tired and my friends are panicked. Hope everything goes ok for us.

You’re doing good work that helps people. Keep it up, friend ❤️

Quick update: Been taking a break this afternoon since I worked all morning. Building is doing fine and I’m pretty sure only news stations and local police/fire/hospitals/shelters have power. So we have full power Internet and are still able to forecast as this is happening. So far so good here, but I feel bad for the hundreds of nervous people contacting me because… well, I’d be more surprised if you lived in sw Florida and weren’t nervous!

Also happy to say that for every one person who either tries to outsmart those of us forecasting or trying to troll, there really are 70 or 80 other people who are thankful or will stick up for you. The overwhelming positive responses have been uplifting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

It’s not like Florida has a shortage of multi-story parking garages 

I’ve only been to that particular area a couple of times, and not in about 3 years, but it’s pretty much only ground level parking.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean the answer is fucking obvious, drive your ass to someplace that isn't about to get 10 feet of water.

I’ve evacuated in this case of a hurricane and we weren’t able to take all of our vehicles. Honestly, it is pretty terrible advice to pack more cars in the roads than are needed to safely get people out. Stuff is just stuff, anyway.

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve evacuated in this case of a hurricane and we weren’t able to take all of our vehicles. Honestly, it is pretty terrible advice to pack more cars in the roads than are needed to safely get people out. Stuff is just stuff, anyway.

I think if we built just one more lane that would help clear things up

• True 1
  • Halal 1