Greater Fort Meyers / Cape Coral Area looking to take a direct hit from Cat 4 Hurricane Ian

Just watching CNN and both American and European models have it hitting Tampa as a Category 2, (could change) but will linger off the cost for 2 days as a category 4, sending in wave after wave of flooding water. Saying the whole area will pretty much act like a mitt and get the brunt of the storm. 

So @SaysWho?and anyone else in the area. Stay Safe.

Models are trending for this to stay off the coast. That would make storm surge a big issue since steering currents will slow dramatically, meaning the systems steering Ian won't push it as quickly, and Ian will just hover off the coast.

Good news is if it doesn't make landfall until the Nature Coast, it will encounter significant wind shear.

23 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Bracing myself.  I'm in Clearwater.  I hope this ends up being milder than Irma.

We Floridians don't tend to get too worried until it's past Cat 2.

I'm in an area that doesn't normally flood and in the next to last Evac zone, so there's that.

I think maybe it's time to grab your PC and get outta there!

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

HAVANA (AP) — Hurricane Ian knocked out power across all of Cuba and devastated some of the country’s most important tobacco farms when it slammed into the island’s western tip as a major hurricane...

Hurricane Ian knocked out power across all of Cuba and devastated some of the country’s most important tobacco farms when it slammed into the island’s western tip as a major hurricane Tuesday.

Cuba’s Electric Union said in a statement that work was underway to gradually restore service to the country’s 11 million people during the night. Power was initially knocked out to about 1 million people in Cuba's western provinces, but later the entire grid collapsed.

Ian hit a Cuba that has been struggling with an economic crisis and has faced frequent power outages in recent months. It made landfall as a Category 3 storm on the island’s western end, devastating Pinar del Río province, where much of the tobacco used for Cuba’s iconic cigars is grown.

• b_m_b_m_b_m changed the title to Greater Fort Meyers / Cape Coral Area looking to take a direct hit from Cat 4 Hurricane Ian