Greater Fort Meyers / Cape Coral Area looking to take a direct hit from Cat 4 Hurricane Ian

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Now again, we don’t have to take the words of a cop at face value, but this seems directionally correct given the amount of people who didn’t leave based on what could be seen on social media

This all lines up with Florida having freedom and gubermint can't tell them to leave.

• True 2

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Now again, we don’t have to take the words of a cop at face value, but this seems directionally correct given the amount of people who didn’t leave based on what could be seen on social media

Considering people are using a hurricane for social media posts,

:badass:

• True 1

lede-heilner-cape-coral-hires-9277.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

Cape Coral, Florida, was built on total lies. One big storm could wipe it off the map. Oh, and it’s also the fastest-growing city in the United States.

I still haven’t gotten any news and the Cape Coral PD non-emergency number is a busy signal. I’m trying to arrange a wellness check. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Never forgotten in Houston, the Rays allowed the Astros to use the Trop free of charge in the aftermath of Harvey.

I don’t normally play the 50/50 raffle, but I’ll kick in this weekend

Just got back from Cape Coral, I was there to deliver supplies and generator and install it. The devastation is worst in Cape Coral than Fort Myers, there is complete loss of power in  that community.

At least I was able to do my part in helping a family turn the lights back on and have a hot shower and hot meal.  😅

• Like 2
  • Halal 3
  • Hugs 2

221003125403-01-hurricane-ian-100222.jpg
WWW.CNN.COM

The number of people killed in Florida by Hurricane Ian rose to at least 100 on Monday, days after the storm made landfall at Category 4 strength, decimating coastal towns and leaving rescue crews searching for survivors while communities face the daunting task of rebuilding.

The number of people killed in Florida by Hurricane Ian rose to at least 100 on Monday, days after the storm made landfall at Category 4 strength, decimating coastal towns and leaving rescue crews searching for survivors while communities face the daunting task of rebuilding.

At least 54 people died in Lee County alone, Sheriff Carmine Marceno said Monday – up from the county’s previously announced death toll of 42 – and officials there are facing questions about whether evacuation orders should have been issued earlier. Twenty-four deaths were recorded in Charlotte County – up from 12.

Hurricane Ian also contributed to the deaths of eight people in Collier County, five in Volusia County, three in Sarasota County, two in Manatee County, and one each in Polk, Lake, Hendry and Hillsborough counties, officials said. Four other people died in storm-related incidents as Ian churned into North Carolina.

• Sad 1