The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

im trying to stay spoiler free because I curious to see how certain things are used (dragons etc), but I have seen a couple of clips of folks using “super bridges” to solve all problems (including long bridges for tapping bulleyes in target games).. it makes me feel less lonely in my dumbness..

6 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

So, this is just a theory based on 

Reveal hidden contents

Basically I think that the Light Dragon flying around is 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I didn't get any of that information until my last 2 geoglyphs, and not until after I'd already found and interacted with the light dragon randomly like literally minutes before. All of that hitting at once and it was pretty fucked up. This game is pretty damn dark for a Zelda title!

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

OK, 2 staminaa rings, 7 hearts and 42 shrines in! Did not shave since Friday morning and had to hack off a beard this afternoon. Quality gaming time! :sun:

Even when I’m not playing it I’m thinking about it 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

im trying to stay spoiler free because I curious to see how certain things are used (dragons etc), but I have seen a couple of clips of folks using “super bridges” to solve all problems (including long bridges for tapping bulleyes in target games).. it makes me feel less lonely in my dumbness..

Hey, it's a totally viable option.

So there's a shoot the ball at a target shrine that I found has an actual softlock in. That is, even death won't reset the puzzle, so your only choice is to teleport out of the shrine and re-enter it. My second time through, I decided no more chance softlocks, so I just built a bridge to carry the ball over to the target.

2 hours ago, eventide11 said:

So how do you activate these Skyview towers? I got to the first one and it won't let me interact with it. I have the shiekah pad or whatever it's called 

They need to be activated via cutscene in one of the opening missions that follows the join the Zelda search party mission.

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

OK, 2 staminaa rings, 7 hearts and 42 shrines in! Did not shave since Friday morning and had to hack off a beard this afternoon. Quality gaming time! :sun:

I got 3 full stamina bars, 10 hearts, and shaving is for the weak . Beards are life. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I got all of the items in yhat quest line. Put it all together.

i definitely recommend the geoglyph quest line to anyone who wants to understand what’s happening 

definitely the first truly interesting Zelda story.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hey, it's a totally viable option.

So there's a shoot the ball at a target shrine that I found has an actual softlock in. That is, even death won't reset the puzzle, so your only choice is to teleport out of the shrine and re-enter it. My second time through, I decided no more chance softlocks, so I just built a bridge to carry the ball over to the target.

You absolutely sure it was a softlock? Don't forget you can just reverse time on anything that falls too far or gets into a weird spot, and when things fall into the abyss they reset. (Some puzzles have "checkpoints" for where things reset, it's not always back at the very start so you don't have to redo segments in longer shrines.)

So one thing I’m genuinely liking about the shrines in this game as opposed to the previous game, is that they’re basically “you need to try your hand at this” as opposed to the random shrines that were just “uh, here’s some stuff to do”.

Then again, I’ve only done 15 so far.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You absolutely sure it was a softlock? Don't forget you can just reverse time on anything that falls too far or gets into a weird spot, and when things fall into the abyss they reset. (Some puzzles have "checkpoints" for where things reset, it's not always back at the very start so you don't have to redo segments in longer shrines.)

99%

Spoiler

In this shrine, there's a ledge beneath the ledge where all the puzzle pieces are on. The ball somehow bounced under me and onto the lower ledge. That's why the ball wouldn't respawn, because it hadn't actually fallen into the abyss. It wasn't reachable and was fully out of sight for any powers. Not wanting to restart the entire shrine, I jumped into the pit, saw where the ball had landed, and jumped over to grab it. Once I did, I threw it off the ledge into the pit. It, presumably, did respawn above me. However, now everything else was out of reach and there was no ladder to get back up. Also, the walls were unclimbable. I threw myself to death assuming I'd respawn on the platform above, but nope, I respawned on the lower platform still with all the other puzzle pieces out of reach or not visible.

Maybe I missed something? If anyone wants to check, it's Ihen-a Shrine near Zora's Domain.

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

99%

Hide contents

In this shrine, there's a ledge beneath the ledge where all the puzzle pieces are on. The ball somehow bounced under me and onto the lower ledge. That's why the ball wouldn't respawn, because it hadn't actually fallen into the abyss. It wasn't reachable and was fully out of sight for any powers. Not wanting to restart the entire shrine, I jumped into the pit, saw where the ball had landed, and jumped over to grab it. Once I did, I threw it off the ledge into the pit. It, presumably, did respawn above me. However, now everything else was out of reach and there was no ladder to get back up. Also, the walls were unclimbable. I threw myself to death assuming I'd respawn on the platform above, but nope, I respawned on the lower platform still with all the other puzzle pieces out of reach or not visible.

Maybe I missed something? If anyone wants to check, it's Ihen-a Shrine near Zora's Domain.

No way back up huh...? :p

YVjUSkx.png

Don't forget your powers!

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

You have NO idea how many times I forget that power exists :lol:

Haha, I figured as much, I was just really curious if there was a softlock because the game has seen insanely bug-free so far, which I guess makes sense using BotW as a base and taking six years to develop.

Ascend is probably my most used power though, I use it any time I have a roof above me to check out what's above! Since you can cancel it you don't even have to commit!

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Haha, I figured as much, I was just really curious if there was a softlock because the game has seen insanely bug-free so far, which I guess makes sense using BotW as a base and taking six years to develop.

Ascend is probably my most used power though, I use it any time I have a roof above me to check out what's above! Since you can cancel it you don't even have to commit!

Either way, I think we can agree that lower ledge serves zero purpose :p

Yeah, this game is wildly bug free which is insane for such a large game world. Worst I've managed to do is lower the framerate with some of the dumb things I've tried to construct.

52 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, theres no soft locks in shrines. As soon as you leave the island you can do all the shrines.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It's fuckin' wild, yeah. Not at all what I was expecting.

I mean, the first few hours have more story than botw. I really like the way they want.

I do hope that we get a classic Zelda when the next console launches. I really want a smaller, classic Zelda. I just don’t know how they improve this formula from here.

I can think of a million ways they could still improve this formula... I can think of very few that would get me excited about an old Zelda again. I just find that formula so tired and unexciting. I think Skyward Sword was one of the most disappointing games I ever played, and it had nothing (or almost nothing) to do with the quality of the game... it just felt like every fuckin' Zelda I'd already played a million times. I'm so done with that formula.

Unless it's more Link Between Worlds, but that also broke the formula in big ways!

That said, I'd be fine with a smaller-ish Zelda if it also involved not adhering to the Zelda formula. It's just so tediously, monotonously uninteresting to me at this point. I need more than that!

What's everyone's thoughts on using ultrahand to create a path, only to finish up with reverse time to navigate or solve puzzles with objects along that path?

I'm not sure if I'm doing shrines right cause I've used this method to clear several puzzles so far and not sure if that's what's intended