2022 Midterm Thread

20 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I deleted my twitter back in July, and feel super out of the loop with in-depth politico content.

What are current projections for the House and Senate?

It’s generally a wash. The odds of dems taking both houses is about the same as republicans taking both and is also about the same as republicans taking the house and dems the senate. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

What’s Tarrant and why is this an important county 

Tarrant County is where Forth Worth is.

It was solid red for DECADES (since 1964), until Beto flipped it blue in the 2018 senatorial race, and Biden won it in the 2020 presidential race. Even then, they both won it by less than 1%.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Remember when I posted about the early voting location for TAMU being shut down? Well, check this out:

ab-ats-generic-social-share.png
SECURE.ACTBLUE.COM

Show your support with a contribution.

I can't imagine giving money to one of these pacs. Or any politician. I'd love to see dems sweep the country, but I wouldn't give them a dime.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Alright, I've started my "stretch run" donations and so far I've contributed to:

Warnock

Fetterman

Shapiro

Ryan

Kelly

I'm definitely looking at Hobbs in Arizona and probably the Nevada races - any other suggestions as to where I can throw some cash?

Ccm in nv is probably the most endangered dem senate incumbent 

Alright, I've started my "stretch run" donations and so far I've contributed to:

Warnock

Fetterman

Shapiro

Ryan

Kelly

I'm definitely looking at Hobbs in Arizona and probably the Nevada races - any other suggestions as to where I can throw some cash?

I want to believe Tranel can beat Zinke but I know I will be let down. 

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Fetterman's lead keeps shrinking on 538, it seems.  It keeps making me more nervous.

Just one more month of this shit...

If it's any consolation, Shapiro genuinely appears to be a lock.

I do get the sense that there will be a non-insignificant number of Shapiro/Oz split-ticket voters in the suburbs.  And honestly, I'd rather have that than the other way around.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Warnock

Fetterman

Shapiro

Ryan

Kelly

In case anyone is wondering, each gets $100 :p

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Warnock

Fetterman

Shapiro

Ryan

Kelly

If you think Crist is a lost cause (I've fully expected DeSantis to win but don't consider him a lock), try Demings, who's running against Rubio.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

If you think Crist is a lost cause (I've fully expected DeSantis to win but don't consider him a lock), try Demings, who's running against Rubio.

I'm gonna level with you: I've essentially "written off" Florida for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Beasley in North Carolina (Senate candidate) would also be worth it.

Now this one is a possibility!

If it's any consolation, Shapiro genuinely appears to be a lock.

I do get the sense that there will be a non-insignificant number of Shapiro/Oz split-ticket voters in the suburbs.  And honestly, I'd rather have that than the other way around.

Yes, I'm glad Shapiro appears to be in great shape.  I just don't want PA to be represented by some celebrity quack doctor.