2022 Midterm Thread

221004124152-02-ron-johnson-file.jpg?c=1
WWW.CNN.COM

Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson repeated his claim Tuesday that the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol was not an "armed insurrection," adding however, that protesters "did teach us how you can use flagpoles, that kind of stuff, as weapons."

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So the GOP propaganda machine is working.  Great....

Maybe, but dude did hop in his truck and chase down a Black man who was just jogging in the neighborhood and held him at gunpoint. It wouldn’t make me vote for Oz, but Fetterman sucks and it’s comical that he is so loved on this board.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Maybe, but dude did hop in his truck and chase down a Black man who was just jogging in the neighborhood and held him at gunpoint. It wouldn’t make me vote for Oz, but Fetterman sucks and it’s comical that he is so loved on this board.

And the man in question has since said he supports Fetterman and that it shouldn’t prevent him from becoming a Senator. 

Just now, Chris- said:

And the man in question has since said he supports Fetterman and that it shouldn’t prevent him from becoming a Senator. 

Yeah, he also says Fetterman is lying about what happened, because again…Fetterman sucks. 

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, he also says Fetterman is lying about what happened, because again…Fetterman sucks. 

Also, a person can suck overall and still be good in certain things (which makes the pragmatic choice easier). Obviously Fetterman is the better choice in that race, and that's not taking away the solution of finding better people in the future.

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also, a person can suck overall and still be good in certain things (which makes the pragmatic choice easier). Obviously Fetterman is the better choice in that race, and that's not taking away the solution of finding better people in the future.

That is a wildly different thing from the fawning over a dude WHO CHASED DOWN A RANDOM BLACK JOGGER AND HELD HIM AT GUNPOINT 😂 That is my issue with this board. They aren’t simply being pragmatic, they actually like this POS

Just now, sblfilms said:

That is a wildly different thing from the fawning over a dude WHO CHASED DOWN A RANDOM BLACK JOGGER AND HELD HIM AT GUNPOINT 😂 That is my issue with this board. They aren’t simply being pragmatic, they actually like this POS

Ah. Well, I don't love him. He is better than the GOP alternative, so I want him to win, but I'm not falling for the "love the big strong man" routine that also attracts people to Trump.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Though I haven't met him personally my degree of separation from Fetterman is only 1 in about a dozen different directions, and for all of his faults (of which this incident is only one), I can say confidently that they are outliers as opposed to fundamental character flaws. He isn't the flawless progressive champion as he is proclaimed, but he also isn't a piece of shit.

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Though I haven't met him personally my degree of separation from Fetterman is only 1 in about a dozen different directions, and for all of his faults (of which this incident is only one), I can say confidently that they are outliers as opposed to fundamental character flaws. He isn't the flawless progressive champion as he is proclaimed, but he also isn't a piece of shit.

Tell me what non POS chases down random Black joggers and holds them at gunpoint? That isn’t momentary lapse in judgement stuff. It’s simply the mask falling off.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Tell me what non POS chases down random Black joggers and holds them at gunpoint? That isn’t momentary lapse in judgement stuff. It’s simply the mask falling off.

I don't know how to concisely tell you other than to say his work in Braddock - especially when it comes to youth programming - might tip the scales if you knew more about it. He wasn't perfect and he definitely knows how to work the media, but he and his wife were active and supportive in the community (which is majority Black) in ways that few Senators probably ever have been in their respective towns/states.

cd3df1b2-373f-490b-b73e-52c865b0857f-Dee
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Philadelphia election workers and others across the U.S. drew Trump's wrath in 2020. Now security is the new national challenge this midterm election.

Want to change this? Volunteer to become a poll worker! Here's how: