2022 Midterm Thread

When the GOP sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

• Haha 3

There was a recent Anti-Fetterman ad that I saw during Monday Night Football that I can't find a link to (and i can't bother looking for), but it's basically saying that the federal student loan debt forgiveness is for those "liberal arts students with blue hair".

I hate this country, and parts of this state.  If either Oz or Maistro win, please nuke this fucking state into dust.

• Halal 1

Boebert could actually lose.

boebertlauren_072122gn2_w.jpg?strip=1&w=
THEHILL.COM

Rep. Lauren Boebert’s (R-Colo.) lead in her reelection race has narrowed to 2 percentage points over her Democratic challenger, Adam Frisch, according to a new Keating Research poll. The Democratic…

Why not donate to Adam Frisch?

ca964e74-d57c-4c48-82cc-bc0ca75a60d9-Hou
SECURE.ACTBLUE.COM

Defend our House Majority. Defend our Democracy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Him not remembering who she is sounds about right, tbh

I saw Newt Gingrich defending Walker for "being the way he is" due to concussions... Like... Newt... he's running for Senate and your argument in favor of him is that he has brain damage.

• True 2

Wish there were something you could do to help your Democratic candidate of choice win? Well, there is. You could volunteer for him/her.

Here's a chart from the VoteDem subreddit, showing Democratic candidates and how you can volunteer for them.

tmPSEf_25LB3CCkL5vXRkWoO3ezKTUeRhE7GzU6c
DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

Sheet1 <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteDEM/">Created by the moderators of www.reddit.com/r/VoteDem and r/Bluemidterm2018 (the FORMER moderators of r/Voteblue)</a> Bookmark this spreadsheet to check on the latest volunteering opportunities! Last updated 10-06-22 Candidate,Office,Volunteer ...

Nevada was never a sure thing for Dems coming out of 2020. Northern Nevada seems to blame a bunch of self-inflicted issues (each county voting on addition gas taxes for road repair back during the Sandoval governor era) on Democrats. As well as the housing market spike up here (again something that started shortly after Gigafactory was approved during Sandoval) on Democrat leadership of the state. Lockdowns and conspiracies in the rural area don't help. 

Hell I live in a town where multiple house fly "Fuck Joe Biden" and "Sisolak is a Fucking Idiot" flags higher than US flags across the street from the elementary school and nobody questions if young children should see that from the classrooms. 

44 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I am curious why Fetterman's lead has shrunk, but I'm glad that Shapiro looks in excellent shape.

There has been some erosion of Fetterman's support among black voters.

Fetterman led among Black voters 71 percent to 6 percent in June, but that lead shrunk to 56 percent to 22 percent in September (17 percent were undecided). This could be because Republican outside groups have spent at least $20 million in recent weeks on attack ads against Fetterman, focusing in particular on the issue of crime and a 2013 incident in which Fetterman pulled a shotgun on a Black jogger.