Jon Snow Sequel Series in Development at HBO

Even if they had stuck the landing in Game of Thrones I absolutely loathed Jon Snow and the only way I would watch this is if they killed him and revived him to live an even worse life every time he came back in every episode (like an extreme roguelike groundhog day event).

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

I would ABSOLUTELY be down for a high fantasy buddy cop series. There's a part of me that hoped that's what the Witcher would have been after the first ep of season 2 (not that I'm disappointed in where it went, season 2 of the Witcher was great)

Just like Jon Snow, who's had enough of this shit and trying retire while people like Tormund and Arya keep dragging him into one-off adventures.

Of course I have zero confidence that that's what the show will be, but that's what it SHOULD be, goddammit.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Absolutely without a doubt, but I'm guessing that Maisie Williams is completely  through with playing Arya Stark.

I don't really blame her. I don't there are many of us who, being perfectly successful elsewhere, really have any interest in going back to the same job you did in highschool.

On 6/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Absolutely without a doubt, but I'm guessing that Maisie Williams is completely  through with playing Arya Stark.

Also, I don’t think these show runners  are creative enough to properly depict the alluded craziness of what lies beyond the known world/map.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I almost want to start watching GOT just so I can post about how much I don’t want this.

It’s worth it. You get watch a mostly great TV show, then you get to complain about the entire franchise for the rest of time. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I almost want to start watching GOT just so I can post about how much I don’t want this.

28 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s worth it. You get watch a mostly great TV show, then you get to complain about the entire franchise for the rest of time. 

Yeah you should use the Dexter strat and watch up to the 4th season (whatever the last good one was) and then stop and be content you watched the greatest thing ever.

Game of Thrones is good for the first 6 seasons. Season 5 is where the show goes off-book, but season 6 goes to some great places, and the filmmaking is so good on every level helps a lot. But, while there are good individual episodes of seasons 7 and 8 of Game of Thrones, the show shits the entire bed in terms of plot and characters. Seasons 7 and 8 are godawful. Stop at season 6, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense. 

But the first 6 seasons (particularly the first 4.5 seasons) are stellar, gripping television.

• True 2

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Game of Thrones is good for the first 6 seasons. Season 5 is where the show goes off-book, but season 6 goes to some great places, and the filmmaking is so good on every level helps a lot. But, while there are good individual episodes of seasons 7 and 8 of Game of Thrones, the show shits the entire bed in terms of plot and characters. Seasons 7 and 8 are godawful. Stop at season 6, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense. 

But the first 6 seasons (particularly the first 4.5 seasons) are stellar, gripping television.

That’s the tricky thing. If it had fallen off faster, it would be easier to say “watch a couple of seasons and you can bail”. But since some of the best shit in the series is late in season 6, you have to make it that far. And once you’ve made it that far, you might as well stick it out to the (extremely) bitter end. 

• True 1

The first 4 seasons are just about the best we’ve ever seen on television. There’s some drop off in the writing in season 5 and 6, but they were still great overall. 

The 7th and 8th seasons were mostly a mess with poor character writing, plot holes and such. But there were still some truly great moments. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

The entire plot here was actually Kit Harrington's idea? Like he actually approached HBO and Martin with the idea for this series?

Still don't really want it, but my ears perk up a bit when the lead actor comes up with the concept and it wasn't just HBO throwing money at the GoT cast and seeing who would bite.