Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

True, true! As long as the quality remains high though, I suppose I don't really care where they head with this alt universe rendition of FF7. Remake certainly is a cut above any recent mainline FF outing. Its so very nice to not be disappointed by a new FF game! :sun:

FF7: Remake was great, I agree! I have mentioned it in this thread before that I have potential concerns story-wise but other than that I'm expecting a pretty great game.

• Halal 1

kay this does look good. I tried 7R but the modern action oriented combat of the modern FF games just doesn't do it for me. I should give Remake another chance and see if I can get into that and this, because visually they do look incredible. 

51 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

No, the first one ended pretty early on. I don't even think it made it to the world map which is where I guess this one starts. But I could see them pushing this to 2 more installments

People are responding to you in somewhat vague terms I guess but I’m trying to be clear haha. 

They said it is a trilogy. There’s 1 more game after this new one. 

First thing I did was check the difference between the graphics setting and performance. There is huge difference between them so I chose the graphics setting for 30fps. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I only played 15 minutes but it's dope. 

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

I never finished the first one so I won’t be getting Rebirth. The game was too much on rails for me to enjoy. The exploration was ass. 

What? You were litteraly praising this game when we stopped enjoying FF16? Lol make up your mind. 

5 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

People are responding to you in somewhat vague terms I guess but I’m trying to be clear haha. 

They said it is a trilogy. There’s 1 more game after this new one. 

I know and I appreciate it, but with Squeenix's history they might try and milk that cow until flour comes out. Especially if Rebirth does well. But maybe they're already committed to 3 and I'm being dramatic. Yep, that's probably it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

What? You were litteraly praising this game when we stopped enjoying FF16? Lol make up your mind. 

Because any game deserves to be praised compared to FF16. But as a stand alone game it’s ass. 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

First thing I did was check the difference between the graphics setting and performance. There is huge difference between them so I chose the graphics setting for 30fps. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I only played 15 minutes but it's dope. 

Did they add a fun mode that makes the game good?

Finished the demo. I'm all in, but there was never any doubt of that. Cool to see this sequence also knowing what it actually is and all the hints, but remastered to such a high quality.

And the sound track continues to be fire.

WWW.IGN.COM

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth players are showing their creativity by using Tifa's piano to play songs adapted from other video games and real world artists.

While countless players have found satisfaction in attempting to best Tifa's Theme - the challenge piece included in the demo - creative members of the community have already set to work recreating a range of popular songs using the freeplay mode.

This musical arms race has already seen Cloud finesse the keys to bang out video game-centric tracks from multiple video game franchises, ranging from Kingdom Hearts’ Dearly Beloved, to classic melodies from The Legend of Zelda series.

This demo is so damn good. They did a fantastic job of reimagining the Nibelheim sequence. I know they are supposed to release a second demo, but I think I'm done spoiling myself until release. I haven’t watched a Rebirth trailer since the release date announcement, and I was never not playing this. 

Also, the last scene in the demo was such a great representation. It’s exactly how my nostalgia brain remembers that scene.

I haven’t played a video game in a couple of months, mostly been painting Warhammer models and playing Warhammer The Old World, but damn I’m excited for this.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 2

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

This demo is so damn good. They did a fantastic job of reimagining the Nibelheim sequence. I know they are supposed to release a second demo, but I think I'm done spoiling myself until release. I haven’t watched a Rebirth trailer since the release date announcement, and I was never not playing this. 

Also, the last scene in the demo was such a great representation. It’s exactly how my nostalgia brain remembers that scene.

I haven’t played a video game in a couple of months, mostly been painting Warhammer models and playing Warhammer The Old World, but damn I’m excited for this.

You disappeared. 

Wow. They absolutely nailed the feel and atmosphere of the original in Nibleheim. The music took me allllll the way back to my 2 bedroom apartment in 1997. But dadgum do graphics take a hit on performance mode. It's like pc snob vasaline smear all over again. BUT on the positive Sephiroth comes across like he did on the PSX. And the story's high spots.. Well they're pretty high. Square NAILED this.. So far.. Just have to see how the final product is

11 hours ago, eventide11 said:

Wow. They absolutely nailed the feel and atmosphere of the original in Nibleheim. The music took me allllll the way back to my 2 bedroom apartment in 1997. But dadgum do graphics take a hit on performance mode. It's like pc snob vasaline smear all over again. BUT on the positive Sephiroth comes across like he did on the PSX. And the story's high spots.. Well they're pretty high. Square NAILED this.. So far.. Just have to see how the final product is

I warned you above. As a graphics whore that was the first thing I checked. 

Please don't yell at me guys. Does part 2 take place before part 1? I'm new to all of this. I played a few hours of part 1.

I love how Cloud always ignores the ladies even when his mom asks about them. He is officially asexual. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I warned you above. As a graphics whore that was the first thing I checked. 

Please don't yell at me guys. Does part 2 take place before part 1? I'm new to all of this. I played a few hours of part 1.

I love how Cloud always ignores the ladies even when his mom asks about them. He is officially asexual. 

It’s a continuation of the same story. Instead of just one complete game they are making 3 of them. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

On 1/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

That being said if you never finished the first part I couldn't imagine jumping into the second part. That would be like reading the first 10 pages of a book then jumping to page 100.

• Sicko 1

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s a continuation of the same story. Instead of just one complete game they are making 3 of them. 

It's confusing with the demo. Cloud is reminiscing on the past. 

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I might have to remedy that! Bye bye likeva dragon am I rite @Biggie!

Just now, best3444 said:

It's confusing with the demo. Cloud us reminiscing on the past. 

I might have to remedy that! Bye bye likeva dragon am I rite @Biggie!

You do you. But Like a Dragon is such an amazing game. I’m not buying Rebirth so :shrug: