Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

12 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Wait.. now you're interested? Lol

The back and forth is hilarious. Keep it up! This way when you play Rebirth we can all be entertained by the Jekyll and Hyde thing

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

He is odd about games. I never seen anything like it. 

200.gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

He is odd about games. I never seen anything like it. 

I get like that sometimes but usually when I know I don't like something that's it. But games are weird. I can turn my nose up at one:nottalking:then months later in a drought or whatever I'll give it a try and every now and then be pleasantly surprised:monkey:

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I get like that sometimes but usually when I know I don't like something that's it. But games are weird. I can turn my nose up at one:nottalking:then months later in a drought or whatever I'll give it a try and every now and then be pleasantly surprised:monkey:

I'm similar but not at his level lol. 

Games rarely majorly surprise me in terms of my ultimate opinion after a few hours. Good can go to great (and vice versa), and bad can go to terrible, but rarely cross that good/bad line.

But there is one major exception, which was Persona 5. I had no interest in it and I didn't watch anime. I felt pretty confident I wouldn't enjoy it. But a lot of people here and elsewhere recommended it (e.g., @Rev ). After the first few hours I was like "god this sucks, this is not for me, but I hear it gets better so I'll stick with it longer." At 10 hours in I was at "Okay, it's not that bad." At 20 hours in I was at "I'm enjoying it." At 50 hours in I was at "This is really good!" By the end I was at "this is one of my favorite RPGs!"

That's when I decided I should give anime more of a shot.

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Games rarely majorly surprise me in terms of my ultimate opinion after a few hours. Good can go to great (and vice versa), and bad can go to terrible, but rarely cross that good/bad line.

But there is one major exception, which was Persona 5. I had no interest in it and I didn't watch anime. I felt pretty confident I wouldn't enjoy it. But a lot of people here and elsewhere recommended it (e.g., @Rev ). After the first few hours I was like "god this sucks, this is not for me, but I hear it gets better so I'll stick with it longer." At 10 hours in I was at "Okay, it's not that bad." At 20 hours in I was at "I'm enjoying it." At 50 hours in I was at "This is really good!" By the end I was at "this is one of my favorite RPGs!"

That's when I decided I should give anime more of a shot.

This is my exact journey, but I bailed at around the 4 hour mark. I just couldn't take another screen of high school life text, it was killing my metaphorical soul! so you are saying I just need to suffer for a bit and all will be revealed?

Persona 5: It gets better! :sun:

• True 1

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

This is my exact journey, but I bailed at around the 4 hour mark. I just couldn't take another screen of high school life text, it was killing my metaphorical soul! so you are saying I just need to suffer for a bit and all will be revealed?

:lol: Well, that's how it happened for me at least! I absolutely had the same reaction early on.

I'm trying to reflect on why that is the case, but I don't actually have great answers. The best I got is a combination of culture shock and the fact that the game has *so many fucking tutorials* at the start and it takes a long time before you are even in the main rhythm of the game.

• Halal 1

Looks like I waited just about long enough to play these TWO GAMES back to back even though I bought the first part day ONE! I should just play it off like this was the plan all along but I KNOW BETTER! The irony is becoming a bit excessive to say the least! I mean hell, I can probably get the first part now for under $15 bucks....lol 

Thinking also that they probably won't run that well on the Ally so it's the painful realization that I will be FORCED to play these on the 83" LGG3! It's a tough life......

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'm trying to reflect on why that is the case, but I don't actually have great answers. The best I got is a combination of culture shock and the fact that the game has *so many fucking tutorials* at the start and it takes a long time before you are even in the main rhythm of the game.

Yes, this is how I remember my time with the game. I was constantly thinking "Yes, this is all very important I'm sure, but uh, game play when?"

• True 1

Just now, best3444 said:

Kinda. I just never read anything you like. Ever. 

i liked re4 remake

and bg3

and ELEX

and Lies of P

and Dark Souls

and nu-gow

and nu-DOOM

and many more

you just focus on everything negative because you are the true negative nancy

or you have some weird obsession with me

or, like most people, you can brush off every positive thing I say because negative emotions are stronger than positive

• Haha 1

Just now, Bacon said:

i liked re4 remake

and bg3

and ELEX

and Lies of P

and Dark Souls

and nu-gow

and nu-DOOM

and many more

you just focus on everything negative because you are the true negative nancy

or you have some weird obsession with me

or, like most people, you can brush off every positive thing I say because negative emotions are stronger than positive

Boy you are taking this seriously, huh? How am I negative? 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Your aren’t. You are the exact opposite of Bacon. You fall in love with every game. lol

Lol exactly. I'm 99% positive on here. Bacon hates everything and I just call it out. Even if he claims to like something he always finds a way to hate on it too. I honestly don't give two fucks but I'll call him out when I see it. Obsessed? Yea ok 😆 

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Exact same for me. I've tried to like those games but I check out after multiple attempts fail at caring about anything to do with high school or the related scenarios about high school problems

• Halal 1