Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I warned you above. As a graphics whore that was the first thing I checked. 

Please don't yell at me guys. Does part 2 take place before part 1? I'm new to all of this. I played a few hours of part 1.

I love how Cloud always ignores the ladies even when his mom asks about them. He is officially asexual. 

As others said, it's a direct continuation of the first part. The demo is just covering a part that's also in the original FF7 where Cloud is retelling extremely important events of the past that will make you better understand Sephiroth -- the villain of the story. And the remake is apparently going to spend more time building up Sephiroth than the OG did.

Since you have three weeks, you should at a minimum watch the cutscenes from part one or you're going to be very lost.

FWIW, the original game is highly suggestive that Cloud gets some action later in the game. And there is a reason he's kind of out of sorts right now. Not sure how they're going to handle that in the remake, but it might not be until part 3.

11 minutes ago, legend said:

As others said, it's a direct continuation of the first part. The demo is just covering a part that's also in the original FF7 where Cloud is retelling extremely important events of the past that will make you better understand Sephiroth -- the villain of the story. And the remake is apparently going to spend more time building up Sephiroth than the OG did.

Since you have three weeks, you should at a minimum watch the cutscenes from part one or you're going to be very lost.

FWIW, the original game is highly suggestive that Cloud gets some action later in the game. And there is a reason he's kind of out of sorts right now. Not sure how they're going to handle that in the remake, but it might not be until part 3.

I'm starting up remake intergrade this afternoon and will beat it before this. The demo got me hyped for this again.

I'm happy to hear cloud gets some action. 

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

lol you're not even playing what stepee bought you! 

I will. I need to play Yakuza Like a Dragon first so I understand the story and characters. 

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie how much do you want to bet you buy this? You do this with almost every game. 

Nope. Just not a fan. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I will. I need to play Yakuza Like a Dragon first so I understand the story and characters. 

Nope. Just not a fan. 

Infinite Wealth is extremely dialogue driven. It gets to be too much. I had to stop this morning to play something else. 

The man who erased his name is nothing like that. I don't know if I'll finish Wealth. 

I bet you $50 you buy FF7 after you read impressions on here. Play the entire demo and come talk to me. 

Played 2 hours of the remake just now. I started over best style and it's terrific. The visuals are absolutely spectacular on the deck. I never turned on HDR before so it looks so damn good. All the character models look so good and so do the environments. Cloud is growing on me. I'll try to have this beat before Rebirth. 

Question. When FF7 originally came out was it one big game or broken up like they are doing now?

• Hype 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Question. When FF7 originally came out was it one big game or broken up like they are doing now?

One big game on 3 discs.

However, as I mentioned previously. This first part they released is actually the first 6 hours of the original game, just they have elaborated on some other aspects more.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

One big game on 3 discs.

However, as I mentioned previously. This first part they released is actually the first 6 hours of the original game, just they have elaborated on some other aspects more.

Thank you. How many are they planning to release to finish the game?

3 hours ago, legend said:

But Cloud does 'pleasure' a man in one part of the game lol

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eventide11 said:

I beat it in around 25 tbh. Didn't miss that much either. I guess because I played through the original several times I breezed through everything

Ok that seems a bit better.

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

But Cloud does 'pleasure' a man in one part of the game lol

Is Cloud gay?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Played 2 hours of the remake just now. I started over best style and it's terrific. The visuals are absolutely spectacular on the deck. I never turned on HDR before so it looks so damn good. All the character models look so good and so do the environments. Cloud is growing on me. I'll try to have this beat before Rebirth. 

Waste of $70

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I bought this a while ago. Definitely not a waste of money. Just because you're in the minority in not liking the game doesn't mean it's bad. 

Minority? The game sales for it were very lacking. Also the waste of $70 was for when you buy Rebirth. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Minority? The game sales for it were very lacking. Also the waste of $70 was for when you buy Rebirth. 

Huh?

Final Fantasy VII Remake sold over 3.5 million units worldwide within three days. This made it one of the biggest launches for a PlayStation 4 game and the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive, surpassing the launch sales of Marvel's Spider-Man (3.3 million; 2018) and God of War (3.1 million; 2018). By August 2020, that figure had increased to over 5 million on PS4.By September 2023, the game had shipped and digitally sold over 7 million units worldwide.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Infinite Wealth is extremely dialogue driven. It gets to be too much. I had to stop this morning to play something else. 

The man who erased his name is nothing like that. I don't know if I'll finish Wealth. 

I bet you $50 you buy FF7 after you read impressions on here. Play the entire demo and come talk to me. 

Ok. Can’t wait for you to pay up. 

Pay Me Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Hype 1