Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Fuck that sounds even more uncomfortable. Put it on PC so I can play it on Steam Deck or at least Switch and then maybe.

I agree. As much as I’d like something like this, I can’t get too excited with it being an Android/iOS exclusive 

• 11 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2) - Early 2024 release announced, SGF 2023 trailer
On 6/21/2022 at 5:18 AM, erpg said:

After FF15 Royal, P5 Royal, FF7 Intergrade, and DQ Definitive, this'll be the time I finally remember not to buy the first release of a JRPG.

Intergrade is just DLC, you dont need to buy a new game to play it, and it wasn't even cheaper to buy them together iirc

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

How far did part 1 go? I heard a while back that it ended when you left the city, but I don't recall leaving the city being very far into the original game, maybe 4-6 hours  (though it's been ages since I played it & could be wrong). So I'd assume that would be a weird place to stop. 

You're right. They added a LOT more stuff to Midgar. It looks like this one goes at least through Nibelheim, so I'm assuming the pace will pick up a lot.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

You're right. They added a LOT more stuff to Midgar. It looks like this one goes at least through Nibelheim, so I'm assuming the pace will pick up a lot.

Interesting! And here I thought it was basically just note for note with the original aside from graphics & combat. 

Well, fuck! Now I have to get a PS5...the wife is gonna kill me (because of the hooking, not the PS5. Probably.). 

11 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

How far did part 1 go? I heard a while back that it ended when you left the city, but I don't recall leaving the city being very far into the original game, maybe 4-6 hours  (though it's been ages since I played it & could be wrong). So I'd assume that would be a weird place to stop. 

It ends the same place disc 1 on ps1 ends, you leaving midgar. That was like 20 hours in the original, they stretched it to 40 in remake 

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

It ends the same place disc 1 on ps1 ends, you leaving midgar. That was like 20 hours in the original, they stretched it to 40 in remake 

No way. That was seriously around 20 hours in the original game? 

For real?

wow...time moved much differently back then. I'd have never guessed that. 

23 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

No way. That was seriously around 20 hours in the original game? 

For real?

wow...time moved much differently back then. I'd have never guessed that. 

You can rush through it probably 10-12 but first playthrough yeah it's going to take most people around 20.

The bulk of the game is on disc 2, like 70% of it. Disc 3 is just the final dungeon.

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

You can rush through it probably 10-12 but first playthrough yeah it's going to take most people around 20.

The bulk of the game is on disc 2, like 70% of it. Disc 3 is just the final dungeon.

I remember the first disc being shorter than 2, but I'm just floored about the length lol If this were a Jeopardy question, I absolutely would have guessed 4-6 hours. I must be forgetting entire sections of that stuff in Midgar lol 

41 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

I remember the first disc being shorter than 2, but I'm just floored about the length lol If this were a Jeopardy question, I absolutely would have guessed 4-6 hours. I must be forgetting entire sections of that stuff in Midgar lol 

It's easy to forget all the grinding / battles you gotta do to get through it. Your mind condensed it.