Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: 6.48 million units sold (fastest-selling game in series history)

Played 3 hours. Terrific game and as I thought, I don't remember any of this. I am diggin that they supply you with enough ammo in this compared to RE2. It is in fact an action/horror game so the ammo is a must. It's so good. I have raytracing and resolution on because imo, the framerate is completely fine. 

@stepee Buy and play this today!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours. Terrific game and as I thought, I don't remember any of this. I am diggin that they supply you with enough ammo in this compared to RE2. It is in fact an action/horror game so the ammo is a must. It's so good. I have raytracing and resolution on because imo, the framerate is completely fine. 

@stepee Buy and play this today!

Already bought it actually because it was $46 on cdkeys!

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You playing today?

I actually just got charged for my pc so I’m thinking it’ll be next week now so yeah I can just start it and then resume on the new computer hopefully next weekend.

I have a lot of psvr2 planned and Metroid so I doubt I’ll get far this weekend anyway :P

• Halal 1

Tonight as soon as it's pitch dark outside I'll be playing around 3 hours or until the Cops arrive with a noise complaint which ever comes first....lol It's install and updated on Series X! What a few month, I Still have Elden Ring & GoW: Ragnarok to play, We have this amazing game with Diablo IV next month and the LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom in May. There a shit ton of hours in these games, especially Diablo. Pretty excited. Resident Evil 4: remake is the first game this year I paid full price for. $69.99. I'll do the same for Zelda and Diablo . . .

• Halal 1

Damn you got ahead of me. I'm taking my time a bit. Btw FYI upgrade your guns. You don't lose money by upgrading them. I like it promotes build variety. I'm legit an old fart. I don't use the bolt thrower because it's not my build. I broke RE4. I think I should have done their hard mode tbh. Ill try it later i guess.

I enjoy RE4 so much I want to design new builds so it technically lowers replay value. 

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I've already fully upgraded my pistol and I'm in the beginning sections. 

I remember losing money on selling upgraded guns. It could be minor but the upgrades do get progressively more expensive. I want to play more but I should go to sleep.

I wish you could rebind the gamepad controls. It only has  like 6 presets and half are a variation on the others. Something is just wrong with my brain that I want I want the ready knife to be on the right bumper instead of left bumper because I keep pushing left trigger to ready the knife and then right trigger, which of course shoots the gun.

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Damn you got ahead of me. I'm taking my time a bit. Btw FYI upgrade your guns. You don't lose money by upgrading them. I like it promotes build variety. I'm legit an old fart. I don't use the bolt thrower because it's not my build. I broke RE4. I think I should have done their hard mode tbh. Ill try it later i guess.

I enjoy RE4 so much I want to design new builds so it technically lowers replay value. 

what do you mean you don’t lose money? It costs money to upgrade weapons. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think maybe what he could be getting at is you can upgrade a weapon and sell it for the same amount so you don't actually lose money

Yeah I get that and that does give you a bit of freedom but I think it’s worth describing what is actually happening rather than saying you don’t lose money. Because sometimes you do need to spend money on things and if you aren’t liquid it could be a problem. 

Also unlike him I built the bolt thrower since it's on sale for a chapter and I wanted to see what it does.

On top of that playing in Hardcore mode you run out of ammo a lot so I figure it would be a good last resort thing because you can retrieve the bolts. I ran out of ammo in one encounter and had to take out a chainsaw dude with my knife. :s

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also unlike him I built the bolt thrower since it's on sale for a chapter and I wanted to see what it does.

On top of that playing in Hardcore mode you run out of ammo a lot so I figure it would be a good last resort thing because you can retrieve the bolts. I ran out of ammo in one encounter and had to take out a chainsaw dude with my knife. :s

I started in hardcore but I went back and started a normal game cuz I just wanted to have fun on the first go round. 

9 hours ago, HardAct said:

Tonight as soon as it's pitch dark outside I'll be playing around 3 hours or until the Cops arrive with a noise complaint which ever comes first....lol It's install and updated on Series X! What a few month, I Still have Elden Ring & GoW: Ragnarok to play, We have this amazing game with Diablo IV next month and the LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom in May. There a shit ton of hours in these games, especially Diablo. Pretty excited. Resident Evil 4: remake is the first game this year I paid full price for. $69.99. I'll do the same for Zelda and Diablo . . .

D4 isn’t till June.

I bought this on PC on sale, ill get to it after D4 beta, Saints and Sinners 1&2, hell, I might even wait for pSVR2 and buy it over there. We’ll see. Also playing Demeo, and I have a game of 40k to play tomorrow.

10 hours ago, HardAct said:

You have a little more time since Diablo IV comes out in June.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't need to test tbh. it shows you the value of the inserts and the multiplier for each type of combination.

Well, if you were just going off of RE4, you'd assume the highest multiplier would be for each unique. I know it shows you the multiplier, but the game does not tell you that stacking is better than spreading. Unless you just decide to stack the same color you'd never know.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

oh there is a gemstone guide if you press shift while in the menu that tell you all the combos and their values

Modern gaming it was cool figuring it out on my own but I should check the notes to make sure im not missing out on more pesetas.

I should watch this but meh I don't buy 1000 graphics card to upscale stuff in RE engine games.

Btw has anyone enounctered this before. This game relies on audio clues for certain secrets but I am playing with the best headphones I have and I feel like I can pick up on when the sound clues fail to help me find the object. I feel it's the FOV is too low and graphics are so good interactive items (lanterns you can shoot) don't stand out enough.

Is there a FOV option im missing in the options menu? The game supportd 32:9 and I feel clostrophobic. 

I’m curious why they didn’t use RTGI on this when Village has it and even RE2/3/7 have it now. I wonder if it messed with the look they were going for to mimic the original or something.

RT reflections are higher quality now which is great and just having those instead of REngines terrible SSR is such an improvement. 

Also I did this from a guy on resetera:

A) If you want more film like HDR, Simply set peak brightness to

-8/+2 from the left and overall brightness to -7/+3 from left.

Something seemed off with hdr before and this looks much better to me.