Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I was hoping for better patches before this weekend, at least to be hearing that the crashing is mostly fixed I’ll probably beat Dead Island 2 on Saturday and I have a three day weekend and was hoping to start this, hope we get one more patch tomorrow or something. If I get crashes I guess I’ll throw another game ahead of it like Plagues Tale Requiem.  

45 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The only crashes I have had were on Jedha -- once I turned off ray tracing, they stopped.

I never crashed on Jeddah, but crashes around the Koboh village, but not since the early week patch. 

maybe it has nothing to do with it, but my crashes trying to continued the game from the menu seemed to stop if I let the game sit in the screen for about 30-60 seconds before hitting continue. May be unrelated, but to there’s that. So no crashes for me in several days.

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol, it reads i played 42 hours. There is absolutely no way that's accurate.

some games keep incrementing play time while the game is in a suspended state. At least on Xbox that was common. If I wanted my Xbox profile game time to be accurate a lot of times I needed to actually close/quite the game app entirely before turning my Xbox off. 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I never crashed on Jeddah, but crashes around the Koboh village, but not since the early week patch. 

maybe it has nothing to do with it, but my crashes trying to continued the game from the menu seemed to stop if I let the game sit in the screen for about 30-60 seconds before hitting continue. May be unrelated, but to there’s that. So no crashes for me in several days.

some games keep incrementing play time while the game is in a suspended state. At least on Xbox that was common. If I wanted my Xbox profile game time to be accurate a lot of times I needed to actually close/quite the game app entirely before turning my Xbox off. 

That’s good to hear! I’ll see how things go this weekend, but also might be hard not to wait for the dlss3 mod now to just enjoy this at 120fps after seeing how the Elden Ring mod the guy did works perfectly for me.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

That’s good to hear! I’ll see how things go this weekend, but also might be hard not to wait for the dlss3 mod now to just enjoy this at 120fps after seeing how the Elden Ring mod the guy did works perfectly for me.

I don't know, man. I've been watching many video reviews on this and every single review trashes the PC performance. If I were you, I'd really wait until this bullshit is cleaned up.

Unless your PC is so powerful it can brute force it's way through the technical issues.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't know, man. I've been watching many video reviews on this and every single review trashes the PC performance. If I were you, I'd really wait until this bullshit is cleaned up.

Unless your PC is so powerful it can brute force it's way through the technical issues.

It sorta can but this guy is making a mod that makes it use a feature of my card where it will literally double the frame rate that I get now so at that point it should be mostly locked 120fps so yeah probably worth waiting for that! I’ll see how tempted I get after Dead Island 2.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

It sorta can but this guy is making a mod that makes it use a feature of my card where it will literally double the frame rate that I get now so at that point it should be mostly locked 120fps so yeah probably worth waiting for that! I’ll see how tempted I get after Dead Island 2.

When will the mod be ready? Playing this in 4K/120 will be a next gen experience for you. It already looks amazing on PS5 at 30fps! 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I wish they would just put you playtime in the in-game menu's like most other games. 

if you quit out to the main screen and then go to “load journey” it tells you your actual playtime. 

• Thanks 1

just finished it… and on May the 4th! :nerd:

25hrs on the game clock. I did play all the way through on Jedi Master difficulty. I didnt find this game challenging at all other than a few sections towards the final 1/3 of the game where its waves of enemies. However, some of the boss fight’s definitely game me a good challenge. 

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The gameplay and story were excellent, but some of the decisions on sidequests and overall lack of planets (and just jumping back and forth between them) left something to be desired. 

I did very little sidequests bc as others have said when I went to do 1 or 2 at the beginning, I got deep down and then hit a roadblock that required a certain skill. very annoying. these quests shouldnt unlock until youve acquired the right skill. Also, this game falls into the same issue I have with a lot of sidequests in games. Here you are on an urgent mission to discover a planet, but first…..go check out this traveling band of musicians that are up on a plateau. LOL. I mean, cmon. instead of giving me 20 nonsensical sidequests, give me 5-8 lengthly ones that are significant to the story. In my opinion, skip all the side stuff and go through the main story and you can always go back and do more if you feel like. 

as for the story and ending:

Spoiler

my guess is in the next game, you wind up playing as Kata and Cal falls to the darkside! 

• Halal 2

Well, after struggling on a few puzzles and then solving them on my own, my game crashed on PS5. So there are still issues.

On a side note. @stepee remember how we spoke about great clouds in the dlc for Forbidden West? These clouds in this game are far superior. I thought you might lose sleep over not knowing that so I figured to let you know.

• Shocked 1

puredark released the dlss3 mod with the only “issue” being you have to use fsr quality while he works on dlss integration but it’s 100-116fps in the first area like a proper game now

Modding a game to double its frame rate, love u pc gaming 

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

puredark released the dlss3 mod with the only “issue” being you have to use fsr quality while he works on dlss integration but it’s 100-116fps in the first area like a proper game now

Modding a game to double its frame rate, love u pc gaming 

So will you fully play it now?

I'm 10 hours in and it's my GOTY so far. It's just an utter blast to play and is extremely polished in every aspect. The visuals are spectacular, combat is an utter joy, exploration and puzzle solving are wonderful, and the characters are awesome. 

I haven't cheated in any puzzle so I'm proud of that. The story is great to and it keeps you wanting to know what happens next. 

Just a phenomenal game and I may dare day that this is a better game than GOW Ragnarok. If it finishes strong I may give it a 10. 

I'm also playing on medium difficulty which can be a but tough fir my weak skills but the challenge is what keeps me coming back.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm 10 hours in and it's my GOTY so far. It's just an utter blast to play and is extremely polished in every aspect. The visuals are spectacular, combat is an utter joy, exploration and puzzle solving are wonderful, and the characters are awesome. 

I haven't cheated in any puzzle so I'm proud of that. The story is great to and it keeps you wanting to know what happens next. 

Just a phenomenal game and I may dare day that this is a better game than GOW Ragnarok. If it finishes strong I may give it a 10. 

I'm also playing on medium difficulty which can be a but tough fir my weak skills but the challenge is what keeps me coming back.

No doubt it’s better than Ragnarök. Simply because it’s in the world of Star Wars and not mythology. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

No doubt it’s better than Ragnarök. Simply because it’s in the world of Star Wars and not mythology. 

I kinda agree that I prefer the world of Star Wars compared to Ragnarok. I have to beat Jedi before I can officially say it's better than Ragnarok. 

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

It’s pretty damn good I agree

20 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It was RT all along! With RT turned off on Jedha, I am rocking a very stable frame rate without CTDs every 20 mins. Game continues to be a great DS-Vania adventure! :sun:

My understanding is the last patch didn't do squat if you had RT on, but nearly doubled FPS with it off, so sounds right.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It was RT all along! With RT turned off on Jedha, I am rocking a very stable frame rate without CTDs every 20 mins. Game continues to be a great DS-Vania adventure! :sun:

doesmt ray tracing need a lot of CPU too? So it would make sense a game would be shooting itself in the foot performance wise with very poor CPU utilization. 

so far Jeddah still has yet to be a problem for me, but Koboh, and more specifically the central town and area of Koboh. Had a full game freeze trying to fast travel from the mediation point in the pyloons. And a crash going around using a new force ability to access previously locked areas. 

I turn Ray tracing off, but don’t notice a performance difference because of vsync being on. I still get sub 60 fps around Koboh’s town and central area. With it off I get over 70 up to 90, but then I’m also getting screen tearing. I can’t seem to win. Except indoors or just less open areas where it’s over 100fps. 

Im getting really worried story wise. The game is telegraphing an upcoming story beat so hard that I don’t want to happen that I almost want to stop playing. 

Maybe spoilers for my assumption and where I am in the story. 

I just finished the lukor hulk, droid ship. And the way Cal and Bode were talking I worry they are going to kill Merrin. I hope I’m wrong. Also may just be my nature in games, but I don’t trust Bode. He feels like a spy or

Something. I care less about this.

• Halal 1

12 hours in and it keeps getting better. You even continue to learn new abilities. I'm still at a 9/10 on this and it’s just so satisfying to play. 

What light saber stances are you guys using? I do the double saber because that destroys enemies with ease. 

58 minutes ago, best3444 said:

12 hours in and it keeps getting better. You even continue to learn new abilities. I'm still at a 9/10 on this and it’s just so satisfying to play. 

What light saber stances are you guys using? I do the double saber because that destroys enemies with ease. 

Single mostly. 

Just now, best3444 said:

@Kal-El814 I know for a fact you're a very intelligent person and you seem to beat games not only quickly but with ease with puzzles. Do you ever get stuck on any sections? 

I don’t think I got tripped up on anything for too long. A few of the meditation chambers had some collectibles in them that I have absolutely no idea how to locate so it’s possible I’m missing something fundamental there, or it could be that the echoes are kinda hard to see against the blue glowy walls. Also some of the movement based echo… things took me a bunch of tries to finish. 

I think I also took like 5 minutes to see a crack I was supposed to squeeze through and I didn’t notice it until I pulled up the map and saw where I was supposed to go :|

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don’t think I got tripped up on anything for too long. A few of the meditation chambers had some collectibles in them that I have absolutely no idea how to locate so it’s possible I’m missing something fundamental there, or it could be that the echoes are kinda hard to see against the blue glowy walls. Also some of the movement based echo… things took me a bunch of tries to finish. 

I think I also took like 5 minutes to see a crack I was supposed to squeeze through and I didn’t notice it until I pulled up the map and saw where I was supposed to go :|

So you are human after all. :p