Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

PC gamer hate streak continues (not that 80 is a bad score) but they gave Honkai Star Rail a 90. There's no way any of you are playing that over this game.

Also, they've been constantly penalizing a game for performance issues and while that seems like a valid complaint a launch, a lot of games they've been slamming have gotten performance improvements after launch of course, but they'll never change the review to reflect that. Overall unless the issues are crippling I think that maybe PC Gamer reviews aren't the best to go on.

I usually take easy allies and ign's scores and average them out. It gives me a pretty good idea what I'll be getting into.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Does it? :raisedbrow:

Apparently so... anyway. I won't be playing the game until next week so I'll be doing my best to avoid spoilers. I manage to avoid spoilers in most things I follow so hopefully this won't be any different. I've found google to be the biggest offender in spoiling shit because it will send me stuff based on my search history and that includes sites that I don't necessarily follow. I pre-ordered the game a couple of weeks ago but I won't get my system at my parent's house until next week. Dell had refurbished Series S' for sale for 199. Perfect for my extended stay at my at home.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

:shrug:

A lot of review sites give performance issues a pass, assuming they will be fixed by a D1P.

PCGamer and Shacknews both comment on how bad some of the stuttering/texture loading can be.  Hopefully it is mostly fixed by launch.

I wonder if that is vram limit stutter/texture load? Might not impact us. But this is AMD sponsored UE4 with RT tacked on, that is always a perfect storm so I kinda expected it not to run as well as other games.

Ahhhhh F, I actually forgot it was AMD sponsored. 

Remember when people used to bitch and moan about nVidia sponsored games when all that would happen is getting proprietary features like phsyx or hairworks? With AMD sponsored titles it always runs worse all around and only supports FSR (where as nVidia sponsored games that have DLSS pretty much always have FSR and often XeSS as well), not to mention the worst RT imaginable.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ahhhhh F, I actually forgot it was AMD sponsored. 

Remember when people used to bitch and moan about nVidia sponsored games when all that would happen is getting proprietary features like phsyx or hairworks? With AMD sponsored titles it always runs worse all around and only supports FSR (where as nVidia sponsored games that have DLSS pretty much always have FSR and often XeSS as well), not to mention the worst RT imaginable.

Yuppppppppp. If AMD had something worthwhile it would be one thing, but right now AMD sponsored means a game that won’t run as well as other games for like most high end pc gamers. They also tend to not optimize on cpu as much, maybe that’s a coincidence, but a cpu bottleneck definitely always helps AMD on benchmarks (so you can’t see exactly how far ahead nvidia is).

AMD sponsored is like the opposite of the Nintendo seal of quality from the 80s/90s at the moment and they might want to rethink whatever restrictions they have because it’s kind of doing the opposite of convincing me to ever get one of their cards.

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yuppppppppp. If AMD had something worthwhile it would be one thing, but right now AMD sponsored means a game that won’t run as well as other games for like most high end pc gamers. They also tend to not optimize on cpu as much, maybe that’s a coincidence, but a cpu bottleneck definitely always helps AMD on benchmarks (so you can’t see exactly how far ahead nvidia is).

AMD sponsored is like the opposite of the Nintendo seal of quality from the 80s/90s at the moment and they might want to rethink whatever restrictions they have because it’s kind of doing the opposite of convincing me to ever get one of their cards.

AMD literally pays devs to make the game worse so their cards look better compared to nVidia #ChangeMyMind

• Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
ZLSvewrpmJKEM9NxKFs75D-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A grand sequel with soulslike action and the spirit of a throwback platformer.

baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

I'm playing it Friday regardless.

The debate now becomes: wait to see if performance patches improve it on PC or get it for the PS5. (Assuming performance is better on PS5?? I have no idea)

Just now, legend said:

The debate now becomes: wait to see if performance patches improve it on PC or get it for the PS5. (Assuming performance is better on PS5?? I have no idea)

The comments I saw were that the PS5 had performance issues as well for much of the review process.  I think they're mostly fixed by a very recent patch?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, legend said:

“A console game is bad forever, a pc game is good in 2-6 weeks” - Shigeru Miyamoto

• Haha 1
  • True 2

On 4/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

For some reason Steam downloads at 30Mb/s at best for me, while my Xbox 12 inches away can download at ~230Mb/s. So my PC is gonna take forever to download 155GB. 

Maybe you've checked this already, but have you tried 1) ensuring that you're downloading from the closest server and 2) changing the download server (even if it's to one which is further away) to see if it makes a difference? Maybe your local server is getting hammered. 

This can be adjusted in Steam->Settings->Downloads->Download Region. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

AMD literally pays devs to make the game worse so their cards look better compared to nVidia #ChangeMyMind

Actual leaked e-mail: "Hey guys make sure the game uses 12.1GB of VRAM kthnx."

One benefit to being UE4 is the game can be modded easily. I replayed Fallen Order as Ashoka and Darth Maul, was cool AF.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Thats what’s funny about amd sponsored it always seems like nobody wins.

You can’t win with either company right now. Want performance? NVidia and pay for top end or get f’d on VRAM! Want slightly cheaper cards and larger VRAM? AMD but get f’d on features and I hope you don’t like maxing games out that have RT!

• True 2

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You can’t win with either company right now. Want performance? NVidia and pay for top end or get f’d on VRAM! Want slightly cheaper cards and larger VRAM? AMD but get f’d on features and I hope you don’t like maxing games out that have RT!

You're not happy with the 24GB in your 4090?