Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why in god's name do you guys place so much stock in scores? I'm legit confused by this.

For me it might be different as I tend to buy and enjoy a lot of mid reviewed games but I like to see games I think I’ll like or do like get high scores because it’s good for those devs and I feel will help mean more of them will get made. I know bonuses are often tied to it for one example. 

It doesn’t change what I purchase but i do also just like trying to guess!

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

EA is pleading with people to refrain from posting them (of course, they're all over Reddit) as retailers have definitely broken the street date.

Exhibit 973 as to why review embargoes are bad for customers, but this is not surprising.

49 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Right? It’s just someone’s fucking opinion. 

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Someone you don't even know to boot!

The majority of reviews come from professional sites/people that know a lot about videogames. If they score it a 9/10 that gets me hyped knowing the product is good. It's pretty simple lol.

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The majority of reviews come from professional sites/people that know a lot about videogames.

They aren't as professional or know as much about games as you think in a lot of cases. A lot of these sites are just a guy with a lap top and youtube following and they also play games in the most unfun way possible in order to get the reviews done on time. Its not like watching a movie... these guys have to run through games that take dozens of hours in enough time to get a review up in order to get clicks and that's just not the best way to review a game. The new trend of "reviews in progress" is a step in the right direction but at the end of the day like @Biggie said, it's just a person's opinion. But hey, do you.

• Sicko 1

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They aren't as professional or know as much about games as you think in a lot of cases. A lot of these sites are just a guy with a lap top and youtube following and they also play games in the most unfun way possible in order to get the reviews done on time. Its not like watching a movie... these guys have to run through games that take dozens of hours in enough time to get a review up in order to get clicks and that's just not the best way to review a game. The new trend of "reviews in progress" is a step in the right direction but at the end of the day like @Biggie said, it's just a person's opinion. But hey, do you.

Also these "professionals" have to kowtow to the publishers and sponsors and will often times give a generous score to a flawed game.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Steam or EA Downloader/EA Link/EA Download Manager/EA App?

EA App is the one with the big discount.  Steam is available at a couple of dollars under Retail (w/ no sales tax).

Edit:  My experience with CDKEYS is that it always makes sense to pre-buy the game a week or so before launch.  Prices seem to start going up 2-3 days before launch, and don't come back for several months.

• True 1

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

FWIW, EA's servers are REALLY fast.  Getting over 100MB/s as I'm downloading.

Vt5HsM6.png

Isn't it nice when a service is able to use up most of your bandwidth?

MIhwqiH.png

Just imagining trying to download this on the Switch... Jesus Christ sometimes I'll go to play a game there, and it'll have a minor patch and the patch will take so long to download I'll just lose interest before it finishes.

Anyway, kind of excited to hear this one's longer myself, assuming the quality holds up. Did not see the reviews if they were posted on the previous page (dunno if there have been any or people were just chatting about reviews), but I can't imagine they fucked it too bad!

• True 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Isn't it nice when a service is able to use up most of your bandwidth?

MIhwqiH.png

Just imagining trying to download this on the Switch... Jesus Christ sometimes I'll go to play a game there, and it'll have a minor patch and the patch will take so long to download I'll just lose interest before it finishes.

Anyway, kind of excited to hear this one's longer myself, assuming the quality holds up. Did not see the reviews if they were posted on the previous page (dunno if there have been any or people were just chatting about reviews), but I can't imagine they fucked it too bad!

Fallen Order lifted the review embargo on launch day IIRC, so them coming out today would be an improvement! :p

Rolling in now

Game Information

Game Title: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Platforms:

• PlayStation 5 (Apr 28, 2023)
  • PC (Apr 28, 2023)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Apr 28, 2023)

Developer: Respawn

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 85 average - 89% recommended

Critic Reviews

Spoiler

CGMagazine - Chris De Hoog - 10 / 10

Expertly expanding upon its predecessor, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is not only one of the best Star Wars games to date, but a masterclass in blending genres, pacing, and emotional gut-punches.

Daily Star - Tom Hutchison - 5 / 5

Electronic Arts should be proud of what Respawn has accomplished here. Let’s hope there’s another epic to come in future.

Guardian - Rick Lane - 5 / 5

Respawn Entertainment's sequel is a huge improvement over Jedi: Fallen Order, and a virtual blockbuster without compromise

VGC - Jordan Middler - 5 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is Star Wars at its very best. A thrilling adventure with a stellar cast tied together with smart, expansive combat, and huge new worlds to explore. Performance issues aside, it's easily one of the best Star Wars games ever made and only makes us wants more tales from the adventures of Cal Kestis and BD-1.

GamesCreed - Junior Onunkwo - 4.8 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is not just vastly superior to Fallen Order but is also, without question, the greatest Star Wars video game ever. Although there are a couple of issues, it’s very easy to let them slide for now, seeing as the positives astronomically outweigh them – plus, a few patches should shape them up – so there’s virtually nothing to be too concerned about.

GamingTrend - Ron Burke - 95 / 100

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor improves on its predecessor in every way, giving us not only more of what we loved, but doing so in a massive cinematic interconnected universe full of brand new engaging features. This is your early contender for game of the year.

Glitched Africa - 9.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is mindblowing good. As a sequel, it expands on so much while introducing new elements that work well with the formula. But its real joy is in its set pieces and smart combat that left me living my inner Jedi fantasy.

PlayStation Universe - Garri Bagdasarov - 9.5 / 10

Respawn Entertainment solidifies itself as the best Star Wars developer around. Crafting a big galaxy to explore with an epic story that borrows and explores past Star Wars lore. Jedi Survivor improves on its predecessor and surpasses it in every way.

Seasoned Gaming - Alex Segovia - 9.5 / 10

It is a testament to how good Jedi Survivor is as an overall package that, even though it had some technical deficiencies that can be seen as deterrents, it didn’t affect my enjoyment of what is one of the best Star Wars games in the modern era.

Stevivor - Alex Deutrom - 9.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi Survivor does what every sequel should do. It’s improved and iterated, adding new gameplay features and fixing issues as compared to its previous release.

Gameffine - Uphar Dutta - 94 / 100

Despite the caveats, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a brilliant game with thoroughly enjoyable combat and a compelling story that keeps you going. It improves on many things than the previous game and introduces many new aspects like character customization, new stances, perks, specials, bounty hunters, and much more. While the performance may not be the best and most polished, it still delivers a fair playable experience

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 9.4 / 10

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor continues Respawn’s run as one of the best in the industry.  It is an incredible accomplishment, blending top-tier gameplay and narrative in a package few games can match.  Performance during my review was rough, but if they can smooth it out then this is a game that no one should miss. For fans of STAR WARS, this is the game we have been waiting for.  One that fixes the mistakes of the previous, and soars to heights we could have only dreamed of.

Game Informer - Matt Miller - 9.3 / 10

Developer Respawn Entertainment clearly took a measured and thoughtful approach to analyze what worked and what didn’t in its last Star Wars game, and Jedi: Survivor feels like a worthy attempt at evolution. It captures the magic of Star Wars as well as anything in the current canon, and it’s a stellar adventure in its own right.

Atomix - Aldo López - Spanish - 92 / 100

If you want to experience a solid adventure with improved gameplay, story, and graphics, you definitely need to buy Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. If you liked the first game, you can't miss it, looking good so that this saga continues to bring one more installment for the future.

Impulsegamer - Andrew Paul - 4.6 / 5

As a Star Wars game, Survivor has some very big boots to fill and given the lore contained in this universe and fan expectations, I can safely report that it successfully expands on the first game and on the PlayStation 5 delivers a true next-gen experience. Sure there are a few slight gameplay glitches here and there, however as a whole it is a very polished game from its fine-tuned gaming mechanics, Star Wars inspired graphics, wonderful narrative and characters, including the music, sound effects and voice acting, In the end, Respawn Entertainment efficaciously draw you into the character of Cal Kestis as you fight the good fight to keep the "dark side" at bay.

Hobby Consolas - Álvaro Alonso - Spanish - 91 / 100

As the student who manages to overcome the master, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has learned from the successes and mistakes of its predecessor to become a sequel that is better in everything and leaves us with some of the best moments we have lived in a Star Wars game, but it is still weighed down by technical problems.

Worth Playing - Redmond Carolipio - 9.1 / 10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and would recommend it to anyone who is remotely a fan of the Star Wars universe, whether they're getting exposed to it for the first time or are of a certain age and have loved it since they heard Luke Skywalker whine about power converters decades ago. Respawn is onto something here, and I've low-key been waiting - wishing - for Cal Kestis to show up in one of the upcoming shows or movies. These games have made that kind of impact, and I'm looking forward to where the story goes next.

But Why Tho? - Mick Abrahamson - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a fantastic definition of what a sequel should be. Its overall presentation showed that Respawn and the amazing team of developers listened to the criticism. From the improvements to combat, to exploration, to even just finding ways to add more depth to the characters, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is the Star Wars game that fans have been waiting for.

Checkpoint Gaming - Omi Koulas - 9 / 10

With a cast of both fresh and familiar characters, an engaging story, and hours of captivating exploration across beautiful planets and biomes, this game is sure to leave fans of the franchise on the edge of their seats. Cal's incredible sense of movement and newfound lightsaber skills spur empowering battles with groups of raiders, stormtroopers, and alien creatures. Being able to personalise your experience with cosmetics, game-changing perks and optional side quests means the journey is yours to carve. Bosses might benefit from more inventiveness and there's the occasional visual bug and platforming visibility issue, yet it's all worth it for the bliss of being a Jedi in action. Whether you're a Padawan or a Jedi Master, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a must-play. May the Force be with you!

Destructoid - Chris Carter - 9 / 10

I only Platinum a few games a year, but I’m considering going the distance for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor — that’s how much I liked it, and I would have scored it higher if the technical concerns weren’t in play. After finishing up Jedi Survivor and immediately cleaning up what I had missed for fun, I found myself wishing for a world where Respawn Entertainment focused all of its energy on single player games from here on out.

Digital Spy - Joe Draper - 4.5 / 5

It manages to avoid open-world fatigue and separates itself from other titles in the genre by just being so fun to control, with intuitive movement combos that evolve as you play to keep the gameplay fresh. If you're a Star Wars fan, this might be the closest you come to feeling like a Jedi, and even if you're not, you might just be playing one of the best action-adventure games in recent years.

Easy Allies - Bradley Ellis  - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an excellent sequel that expands upon the strengths of its predecessor and introduces great new ideas.

Explosion Network - Dylan Blight - 9 / 10

Combat feels more lively from the get-go, with Cal already able to use plenty of force abilities and feeling like a Jedi; the narrative is much more exciting thanks to a clear focus in the opposite direction of the upcoming events of the films, and instead into the secret untapped potential at the feet of all Star Wars storytelling.

GGRecon - Ben Williams - 4.5 / 5

An even more gripping and heartfelt story than the last, incredibly broadened combat, immersive exploration, and a much deeper assortment of customisation and RPG elements make this Jedi experience your own whilst simultaneously remaining the intimate tale of Cal Kestis and his crew. 

All in all, with small gripes aside, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is everything you could want from a Star Wars game. The only thing truly holding it back from perfection are some bugs, but this truly feels like the best Star Wars game in decades.

GameByte - Olly Smith - 9 / 10

It’s because of this that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is now one of my favourite stories set in that universe. It’s bold, it’s brave, and above all else – it’s exciting. It fits in so well with what we know about the franchise’s overarching lore, while also offering enough new content that it could stand on its own.

GameSpace - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor shows that Star Wars games are far from dead. Somehow, Electronic Arts has released one of the deepest AAA single-player action games in years.

Gamers Heroes - Johnny Hurricane - 90 / 100

This entry proves yet again that letting Respawn handle the Star Wars IP is the right call. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a Game of the Year contender in a very stacked year.

GamesRadar+ - Ali Jones - 4.5 / 5

Jedi: Survivor sets itself up as a benchmark for what new Star Wars stories can look like

Gaming Nexus - Elliot Hilderbrand - 9 / 10

Characters that are fun, interesting, and have a purpose. I had a lot of fun seeing where Cal Kestis' story went, and I'm interested in seeing where these characters go from here. Combat is near perfect; no matter your style, the puzzles are challenging enough to keep me entertained when I'm not clearing out Stormtroopers. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is the good Star Wars. The kind you hope for every time you start a new video game or begin a new Star Wars tv series. A story so good I don't want to share any of it; go play it for yourself.

GamingBolt - Ravi Sinha - 9 / 10

Its performance leaves something to be desired, but Star Wars Jedi: Fallen is still an essential experience for genre fans and Star Wars fanatics.

Geek Culture - Jake Su - 9 / 10

There are small issues, which in the grand scheme of things, wouldn’t amount to much when Star Wars Jedi: Survivor remains exemplary in the areas that matter more. Having been introduced to Cal Kestis in 2019, it is fitting that in 2023, we finally get to see the fruits of Respawn’s labour. Here stands a mature Jedi Knight, capable of shouldering the heavy responsibility of not just saving the day, but doing so with flair and proficiency, a similar journey for a sequel that takes centre stage in our galaxy.

Geeks & Com - French - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor picks up where we left off with a little extra. The game brings depth to the basics that we had with Fallen Order to our delight. Cal is not only an accomplished Jedi, he is now a master of lightsaber combat. This is one of the best adventure games of the last few years and it will be hard not to compare all the upcoming Star Wars titles with Survivor. It's not a perfect title, as demonstrated by the small technical issues in texture and in the cinematics. But it remains among the best titles in the George Lucas universe.

God is a Geek - Chris White - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is bigger than Fallen Order in every way, offering excellent combat and traversal, as well as a fantastic story.

IGN - Dan Stapleton - 9 / 10

If Respawn makes a third game like Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Fallen Order, it'll complete the best Star Wars trilogy in 30 years, hands down.

Inverse - Hayes Madsen - 9 / 10

With 'Star Wars Jedi: Survivor', Respawn has crafted one of the most memorable Star Wars experiences of the last decade. If you’re a fan of a galaxy far, far away, you can’t miss this one. In the five years since 'Fallen Order', Cal has become more competent and confident, and that’s directly represented in all aspects of 'Survivor’s gameplay. The sequel doesn't take away any of Cal’s abilities from the previous game, instead building upon them in meaningful and gratifying ways.

Kakuchopurei - Kenn Leandre - 90 / 100

Sure the navigation part and bugs on PC provides a slight wrinkle but don't let that dissuade you from picking up what is essentially, THE BEST Star Wars game in the market come release day, supplanting its prequel - like The Empire Strikes Back to A New Hope. Easy said, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is the most fun we've had with a Star Wars game since, well, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. And that's a huge deal.

LevelUp - Víctor Rosas - Spanish - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a game that takes well-known and proven elements, but integrates and executes them to perfection, resulting in one of the best Star Wars games and undoubtedly one of the great titles of the year.

Oyungezer Online - Can Arabacı - Turkish - 9 / 10

We have a great Star Wars experience that not only gets rid of the weaknesses of the previous game, but also strengthens these sides.

PSX Brasil - Ivan Nikolai Barkow Castilho - Portuguese - 90 / 100

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a great sequel. The story is very good (especially in the final parts) and there is a lot of optional content. The gameplay remains excellent and with many new features. The technical part, however, needs adjustments.

Press Start - James Wood - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor sharpens combat and exploration to a fine point while delivering a story that goes all in on its characters and human drama. Some minor pacing issues can't stop the game from achieving exciting new heights for the series, if you're willing to let it take you there.

Push Square - Liam Croft - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor does what any successful sequel should do: it expands on the foundations of the first game and does everything better. Combat is just as enjoyable and offers more options, exploration is on a whole other level, and the Metroidvania elements make for engaging puzzles and satisfying rewards. Easily one of the best Star Wars games ever made, it hands 2023 yet another crowning highlight.

RPG Site - James Galizio - 9 / 10

Expanded and improved in nearly every way from Fallen Order, Respawn's latest crack at Star Wars is one to remember

Rectify Gaming - Rebecca Ellis - 9 / 10

If somebody asks how to make the perfect sequel, simply point to Jedi: Survivor and tell them, this is the way.

Screen Rant - Kyle Gratton - 4.5 / 5

Jedi: Survivor not only cements itself as a premier Star Wars game, but also establishes Cal as one of the franchise’s most compelling characters.

Sirus Gaming - Lexuzze Tablante - 9 / 10

Over the past week, I immensely enjoyed my time with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. There's no doubt Survivor is a great follow-up to 2019's Fallen Order. With the game's significantly refined combat gameplay, expansive areas, and a decent story, you will enjoy what Survivor has in store, whether you're a Star Wars fan or a casual gamer looking to experience a solid Star Wars game despite its technical flaws. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is definitely strong with the Force!

TechRaptor - Erren Van Duine - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor expands on the foundations of its predecessor by crafting a bigger, more fleshed-out, and customizable Jedi experience.

The Beta Network - Anthony Culinas - 9 / 10

Even though the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is in shambles at the moment, this sequel has taken Fallen Order’s already strong formula and thoroughly force-punched it into 5th gear.

Tom's Guide - Tony Polanco - 4.5 / 5

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor features satisfying gameplay, stunning graphics and a thrilling story. It's not only a solid video game but is also a ray of hope for the franchise. This is one of the best Star Wars adventures in years.

TrueGaming - محمد البسيمي - Arabic - 9 / 10

Without a shadow of a doubt, Team Respawn Entertainment has proven once again that what we saw in the previous part is no coincidence. They have indeed outdone themselves with StarWars Jedi Survivor.

Twinfinite - Joe Craven - 4.5 / 5

Respawn’s approach has been proactive and positive to the point of creating a Star Wars story that, even taking into account the wider fan base’s undoubted divisions, looks set to delight new players and those that are already emotionally invested in the Galaxy far far away.

WellPlayed - Adam Ryan - 9 / 10

Challenging combat, rewarding platforming, engaging exploration and a surprisingly unique story has Survivor in the conversation for the best Star Wars game ever released.

WhatIfGaming - Rizwan Anwer - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a fantastic sequel that improves upon basically every aspect of the original. Its excellent cast of characters, improved combat, expanded world design, and plot tie into one of the most satisfying Star Wars experiences we've ever had only held back by performance issues on every platform.

Windows Central - Samuel Tolbert - 4.5 / 5

With better exploration, fantastic combat, and emotionally-resonant story, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a must-play adventure marred only by some performance issues.

XGN.nl - Luuc ten Velde - Dutch - 9 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor sports an excellent return for Cal Kestis and his adventures to escape the grasp of the Empire. Thanks to a ton of new additions in both gameplay and customization, you've never felt closer to being a Jedi than in this game even though the performance could've been better.

Cerealkillerz - Julian Bieder - German - 8.9 / 10

As a rule of thumb, sequels do a lot of things better, and so it is in the case of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor! With a full five lightsaber fighting styles, plenty of new abilities and activities in addition to those from the predecessor, a more open game world, more customization options and a multitude of small improvements make the title a worthy successor to Fallen Order. Once the minor performance and quality issues are fixed, there's absolutely no reason why Star Wars fans shouldn't pick this one up.

AusGamers - Steve Farrelly - 8.8 / 10

If you’re not Force compliant, but love videogames and especially those of the open-worldish kind (it’s more expanded path and sandboxey than truly OW), then there’s still something here for you. But you might find it hard to move past, no pun intended, some of the game’s traversal which has only been mildly updated from the first game. It’s better, but it could be *better*. And if none of the above sits with you, I’ll leave you with this: Star War Jedi: Survivor is slightly outlier in its foundational universe and in its pedigree and influences. It’s a mish-mash that somehow makes a whole, but for anyone keen on what that means, I can only say saddle up and enjoy the ride, because for its shortcomings and intimidation in size, scope and IP density, Survivor is one heck of a frontier game.

MondoXbox - Mirko Rossi - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a solid, vast and ambitious sequel capable of satisfying both action-RPG lovers and Star Wars fans. The many new features introduced on the exploration and combat fronts allow for the gameplay to take a considerable leap forward, without abandoning the much-appreciated metroidvania and souls-like dynamics. The game lends itself to criticism in the plot and in fight balancing, especially with bosses, but despite this, it stays fun and engaging until the end.

Everyeye.it - Gabriele Laurino - Italian - 8.7 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a sequel worthy of the name. Respawn has expanded and improved everything that convinced us of its predecessor, starting with a well-written story and not without remarkable twists near the end credits.

GAMES.CH - Benjamin Braun - German - 87%

With "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor", Respawn Entertainment delivers an overall good successor. The new skills and weapons or fighting styles fit in well and enrich the already great systems for fights or parkour options. There is also a little more gaming comfort, for example in the form of a fast journey between the meditation points, although some basic functions are strangely deactivated by default, i.e. they have to be switched on explicitly. In the end, however, "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor" is not stronger than its predecessor. This is also due to the story that has been bobbing along for a long time or the rarely spectacular boss fights. Above all, however, the technical condition is responsible for the ultimately even slightly lower rating than "Fallen Order". Although the problems practically never reduce the playability, they regularly depress the atmosphere slightly. Especially those who already liked the predecessor can strike without hesitation and at least hope that the developers will get the performance under control in the long term.

IGN Italy - Angelo Bianco - Italian - 8.7 / 10

A sequel that doesn’t just refine the gameplay proposed in the previous chapter, but takes the liberty of expanding it with well-implemented new features.

Tom's Hardware Italia - Andrea Riviera - Italian - 8.7 / 10

The Force is powerful in Star Wars Jedi Survivor: an impressive sequel in every respect. Respawn Entertainment has created something with a lot of heart, bringing to life a work, which between gameplay, staging, level design and an all-around well-orchestrated storyline, has proven to deserve to be among the best video games of this 2023. Net of a decidedly improvable technical optimization and while not revolutionizing anything in the genre, Cal Kestis' journey is one of those must-see adventures and the Star Wars experience we have been waiting for and can finally enjoy.

COGconnected - Garrett Drake - 85 / 100

Jedi Survivor is the definitive Jedi video game experience. As a Star Wars fan, I love it. I imagine it was a lot of fun to develop, and the Jedi Team at Respawn are absolute rockstars for what they’ve achieved. I’m confident the performance hiccups on PS5 will be resolved. Apart from that, I can’t get enough of the game. I’m actively finishing my initial playthrough and am stoked to jump into new game plus.

Fextralife - Castielle - 8.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a fantastic game, and one that I couldn’t stop playing. Star Wars fans are sure to find what they’ve been craving in this must have title, unfortunately just not on PC which is marred by heavy performance issues. A day 1 buy on Xbox and Playstation, but a wait for performance fixes on PC.

MMORPG.com - Joseph Bradford - 8.5 / 10

Despite performance issues throughout my gameplay, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor meaningfully improves on many of the gameplay issues from the previous title. From a more rewarding cosmetic system to side quests that give more meaning to exploring the beautifully rendered and realized worlds, it was a joy to explore the galaxy as Cal once more. Add on the much-improved combat system that fuels the Jedi fantasy beautifully and the touchingly emotional storytelling and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a triumph.

Nexus Hub - Sam Aberdeen - 8.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a bigger but not necessarily better sequel to Fallen Order. However, it excels in key areas including slightly improved combat, locations that are larger in scope, more nuanced and introspective character writing, and a terrific, gripping narrative.

Prima Games - Daniel Wenerowicz - 8.5 / 10

Star Wars fan or not, Jedi Survivor is setting up the franchise for another era change that follows the lore of the High Republic as well as the Old Republic. It’s the perfect time for new fans, Star Wars nerds, or action game fanatics to jump in and follow one of the best Jedi protagonists we’ve ever seen as he matures along with the franchise.

SECTOR.sk - Matúš Štrba - Slovak - 8.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an excellent game that brings many improvements compared to its predecessor in every area. Moreover, these changes are not just for show, but are all in response to player feedback. Richer worlds, more varied combat styles, additional content, and numerous smaller innovations take the game to a new level. However, the game's performance cannot be bad like this.

Spaziogames - Domenico Musicò - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a better game than the founder, more ambitious, elaborate and articulate, broader and able to take a step forward to the franchise.

The Games Machine - Daniele Dolce - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Despite a plot all too devoted to fanservice and an excessive amount of secondary content, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is still a solid action game with a satisfactory gameplay and a first class art direction.

Xbox Achievements - Richard Walker - 85%

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was great, and, happily, Jedi: Survivor is even better. In its current pre-patched state, its performance is a bit of a letdown, but look beyond the irritating bugs, and you’ll find what might just be one of the finest Star Wars games of all time. No, really. Also: Spawn of Oggdo. Nuff’ said.

GamePro - Maximilian Franke - German - 84 / 100

Jedi: Survivor is a great sequel that clears up the weaknesses of the predecessor, but weakens in technology for release.

Gamersky - 心灵奇兵 - Chinese - 8.3 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an enjoyable adventure game, but it has some flaws in the combat system. The gameplay and system design are based on mature industry standards, with platforming, exploration, combat, and puzzle-solving all present and tightly interconnected. However, the game's performance issues result in a significant gap between what players expect and what they experience during the game.

Video Chums - A.J. Maciejewski - 8.3 / 10

As a newcomer to the franchise, I had a wonderful time with STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor despite it not being the Soulslike that I thought it would be. However, it ticked a lot of boxes for what I love about 3D platformers which I definitely wasn't expecting; very cool!

Wccftech - Kai Powell - 8.3 / 10

Cal Kestis' latest journey, this time to seek out a long-lost Jedi stronghold on Tanalorr, should feel intimately familiar to fans of Jedi: Fallen Order. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor builds upon the successes of the original title but doesn't quite do enough to stand up on its own merits.

Forever Classic Games - Alex McCumbers - 8.2 / 10

This may not be my absolute favorite Star Wars video game and I still hope to see something truly unique in this medium using this setting but this is one of the best Star Wars moments I’ve been able to share and that’s what really makes storytelling in settings like this so important.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Ersin Kılıç - Turkish - 82 / 100

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has managed to build on the first game and made the combat much more enjoyable and fluid with the Stance system. On the other hand, it could have been really great if there were some content to support the feeling of exploration besides cosmetics.

Attack of the Fanboy - Diego Perez - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor builds on the foundation established in Fallen Order and delivers expansive environments crammed with content and secrets. Respawn still falls into some of the same pitfalls that it did in Fallen Order, though, namely in its underwhelming linear sections and middling story.

Capsule Computers - Admir Brkic - 8 / 10

A better sequel with way more content and great attention to detail. It expands on every area of the previous game but it also comes with a good number of performance setbacks and visual glitches. It would be a near-perfect game if it wasn't for such a rushed release.

ComicBook.com - Logan Moore - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a strong sequel that improves on nearly every core element seen in Fallen Order. Even in spite of some pacing troubles with its story, Cal Kestis is an even more compelling protagonist this time around and continues to be one of the best new Star Wars characters that has come about in the Disney era.

Digital Trends - Tomas Franzese - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is bigger and more densely detailed that Fallen Order in almost every way, but it still tells a personal story.

Gadgets 360 - Rahul Chettiyar - 8 / 10

Through intricate world-building and a layered combat system, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor proves to be a worthy successor to Respawn's growing tale from the galaxy far, far away. While the core narrative is fairly decent, the sequel really shines when forming memorable moments with its characters and its locales that can be used as a creative playing field. The expanded world is certainly fun to explore, albeit collectible hunters might eventually face burnout with how cluttered the items are. Unfortunately, its positives are hampered by terrible performance — even with post-launch patches — making it hard for me to recommend until a few more patches roll through. Get it on sale if you're very keen, but otherwise you might want to wait a bit.

GameBlast - Alexandre Galvão - Portuguese - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is, without a doubt, the best Star Wars experience to date. Exquisite in everything it proposes, the title confirms Respawn Entertainment's competence in creating an addictive action game that manages to evolve all aspects of the experience we had in 2019 with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. All that remains is to give more seriousness to the issue of optimization to make the overall experience really perfect.

GameSpot - Jordan Ramée - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor improves upon its predecessor's gameplay and storytelling to deliver an engrossing story of a Jedi grappling with morality.

Gameblog - KiKiToes - French - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi Survivor is in every way superior to Fallen Order.

Gamefa - Mohammad Reza Nowroozi - Persian - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor follows in the footsteps of its predecessor. It's full of beautiful sceneries and its main story is packed with exciting moments. That being said, optimization is poorly done and on top of that, combat has been simplified which may be welcomed by new players, but overall, it lacks the impact and intensity that one would expect from a Star Wars game.

GamesHub - Leah Williams - 4 / 5

While the action remains reliant on puzzle mechanics that occasionally bog down the main story, improvements across the board – including stunningly deft writing, and a sharp narrative – contribute to a more confident, and wildly more engaging sequel.

Hardcore Gamer - Kevin Dunsmore - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order built a solid foundation on which to build a sequel, and Respawn Entertainment has happily obliged.

IGN Spain - Alejandro Morillas - Spanish - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor enhancing and expanding the possibilities of its predecessor, supplanting continuity with an ambitious increase in the scale of the whole.

Metro GameCentral - GameCentral - 8 / 10

A small but welcome improvement on Fallen Order, that offers little in the way of originality but does have some of the best lightsaber fights and Soulslite action this side of the Outer Rim.

MonsterVine - Spencer Legacy - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has all the makings of a great game, but its performance issues and occasionally wonky story hold it back a bit. Cal and his friends are as fun to follow as ever and combat can be a blast in most scenarios – maybe just give this one a couple of months to reach its full potential.

Multiplayer First - Alex Co - 8 / 10

While there are tech issues (a lot, to be honest), Survivor is still a very fun game. There are bosses to vanquish, people to help, and even if the story isn’t the strongest part of the game, you’ll still want to finish it just to see how it plays out.

Respawn hasn’t hit the dreaded Sophomore Slump with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, but it’s not the massive follow-up that a lot of people (including this reviewer) were hoping for. It manages to keep the status quo in providing a fantastic Star Wars experience, but one that’s marred by technical issues. Don’t get me wrong, this sequel is definitely a must-play for any Star Wars fan, but it could have been so much more, given more time and polish.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a fun action game and a worthy follow-up from Respawn; just be prepared to fight some of its tech issues along the way.

NoobFeed - Azfar Rayan - 80 / 100

The inclusion of more content that encourages a sense of exploration would've been a plus in that context. In contrast, fans of the Star Wars series won't surely be bothered with these matters and will be rewarded with a fantastic journey full of events, exploration, and interesting characters. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor may have pared down to some fundamentals, yet it continues to deliver on the promise of a solid Star Wars action role-playing game.

PC Gamer - Morgan Park - 80 / 100

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an excellent sequel and a fun Star Wars story, but maybe wait for better performance.

PCGamesN - Will Nelson - 8 / 10

No surprises here. Survivor doubles down on Fallen Order, deepening the Jedi power fantasy and expanding on its predecessor in every way, though all its choice and freedom does limit both the story and, surprisingly, the combat.

PCMag - Jordan Minor - 4 / 5

Like its predecessor, the action-packed Jedi: Survivor is as an excellent example of a modern singleplayer Star Wars game that adheres to the brand without feeling derivative.

Play Watch Read - Sylvano Witte - Dutch - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is set five years after Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Cal Kestis is still trying to evade the Empire. Cal has now gained the necessary experience and you as a player can continue his adventure. New planets are visited that are also a lot bigger than in the previous part. Don't worry, you can now accelerate to certain places on those planets without having to go through everything. The necessary improvements have been made and the fact that you can now learn your own fighting style is a big plus. Unfortunately, the game sometimes drops some stitches in the technical field, but that does not make fighting with a lightsaber any less.

Post Arcade (National Post) - Chad Sapieha - 8 / 10

Respawn's second adventure set in that far, far away galaxy does a bang-up job building lore while introducing a great new big bad. Read on.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

The world of Star Wars is one of the worlds that has provided the stories of characters that have fallen in love with multiple generations across various fields of entertainment, and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor understands like the last part why many love this world, which is to present characters that the audience relates to and their stories and looks forward to more of their adventures.

Shacknews - Sam Chandler - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a marked improvement upon the first game, despite suffering from some of the woes I had with the 2019 title. Cal Kestis’ journey across the galaxy is fraught with danger and the supporting cast are a treat to chat with whether in the midst of a mission or as you explore Koboh. While the combat and movement is still quintessentially Star Wars, it feels like the game has yet to reach its full potential. The good news is that, if you’re a Star Wars fan, you’re going to have a great time in this galaxy.

Telegraph - Tom Hoggins - 4 / 5

Respawn's Star Wars sequel builds on its promising predecessor, even if it suffers from the same lack of focus

The Game Crater - Henry Yu - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor delivers on all fronts, improving and expanding on the foundations laid down by Fallen Order. Despite some unpolish and performance concerns, this is a must-play for any Star Wars fanatic.

The Outerhaven Productions - Greg Bargas - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor reflects the storytelling pedigree that Respawn Entertainment is known for. Despite it being a deviation in genre from the first entry, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor builds upon familiar gameplay while expanding exploration, combat, and more. Despite the visual performance issues experienced, these didn't detract from wanting more and finding out how Cal's story concludes. You might find the overall gameplay loop a bit overwhelming, but there is a meaty, emotional journey that lies ahead, Jedi.

TheSixthAxis - Aran Suddi - 8 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a great continuation of Cal Kestis' journey. The story is a little predictable and platforming could be sharper, but this is a sequel that builds on the ideas of the original and there's real enjoyment to be had in exploring the expansive new worlds, digging into the lore and running into secret boss fights.

Thumb Culture - 4 / 5

Jedi Survivor has been fun to play, I did find some enemies frustrating to fight, such as the Rancor, but it was a fun kind of frustration. The gameplay is simple and not too demanding for new players, and the story has kept me interested thus far. I wish the worlds would maybe have some side quests for players, as the worlds can seem quite empty. I did hear the PC port had a lot of issues, and luckily the PlayStation port runs pretty well. I’ve had one major crash and a few frame drops but nothing too game-breaking.

VG247 - Connor Makar - 4 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a step up from its predecessor and brilliant fun, as long as you don’t let that collectible-obssessed plunderer take hold of you. It is not a narrative masterpiece, nor is it the most engaging action game in the world. But it does nothing badly, and excels where it matters. It represents the Star Wars universe accurately and places emphasis on the aspects of it that keep even jaded Andor-lovers like me interested in the IP, even after all this time. An obvious recommendation to Star Wars fans, and a hearty thumbs up to anyone else that may be even remotely interested.

eXputer - Huzaifah Durrani - 4 / 5

Jedi Survivor is a phenomenal game that builds on the strengths of its predecessor, even if not all of its narrative choices pan out.

GRYOnline.pl - Dariusz Matusiak - Polish - 7.5 / 10

It’s hard to assess an excellent and very engaging game that's also fundamentally flawed with technical and performance issues. Then again, these are easier to eliminate, and probably they will be soon. Or not. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a 9/10 game for SW fans, but for everyone else, as an experience that's not very comfortable, the score would be considerably lower.

GameGrin - Jase Taylor - 7.5 / 10

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor has everything a fantastic game should have as far as features. Sadly, what it lacks is optimisation from its developers. This has greatly hindered one's ability to enjoy the experience on all platforms.

INVEN - Kyuman Kim - Korean - 7.5 / 10

A huge improvement over its predecessor, also with new gameplay mechanics. While the story of young Jedi and adventure through vast, open fields both deliver captivating moments, slight frame drops here and there on the PS5 version may detract the overall experience.

Niche Gamer - Matt Kowalski - 7.5 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is easily a one-and-done experience. Because of this and some of the game’s bugs, we recommend waiting until the game is fixed or goes on sale.

ZTGD - Ken McKown - 7.5 / 10

Jedi Survivor is a great Star Wars game with a lot of technical mishaps that really drag it down. The story is excellent, and I loved the characters. The combat still feels good. I just wish the navigation system was better. It feels like the game could have used a little more time, but once these issues are ironed out this game will go down as one of the better Star Wars video games just like the first one. The story of Cal is a great addition to the universe and I hope we see him again in other projects down the line.

Fun Factor - Diogo Arez - Portuguese - 7 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an incredible game, boasting a great story coupled with top notch combat and rich worlds to explore, unfortunately its technical state is so dire I can't recommend it at all for the time being.

Game Rant - Adrian Morales - 3.5 / 5

The best way to describe Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is “safe.” Much like with Jedi: Fallen Order, it is clear that Respawn has a lot of good ideas for this franchise and wants to draw from a variety of influences to make something special, but it ultimately ends up making a pastiche of AAA game mechanics and fixings that are serviceable but not very refined. Jedi: Survivor doesn't have the same novelty and luster that Fallen Order had behind it, so when it rests on its laurels like this, the whole package feels underwhelming. When coupled with a clunky story and a laundry list of technical issues, it's clear that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor still has a long way to go before it reaches its full potential.

Paste Magazine - Moises Taveras - 7 / 10

Despite some steps forward, Survivor finally settles for falling back in line and humming an all-too familiar tune.

PowerUp! - Leo Stevenson - 7 / 10

Jedi: Survivor, in spite of everything I've written here, isn't a bad game. It's just ok and it's suffering an identity crisis but it's still quite playable and entertaining. Hampered by some baffling design decisions, Jedi: Survivor doesn't know what kind of game it wants to be nor what kind of game it is.

Siliconera - Elliot Gostick - 7 / 10

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a fun game packed with things to do, but that scale ends up to the detriment of telling its story.

TheGamer - Stacey Henley - 3.5 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has everything a Star Wars fan will want - it's an excellent story, and uses classic Star Wars tropes, musical cues, and narrative moments. But if you're not enamoured by a John Williams horn reprise, what you have is a decent adventure game with a vibrant but often annoying open world that you keep being sent back to, that rarely lets you think for yourself and often just doesn't quite work properly. For a story so sharp, it's a shame the game gets in its own way so often.

ComingSoon.net - Michael Leri - 6.5 / 10

But instead of realizing its potential, Survivor squandered it by repeating many of the same problems and introducing new ones.

Gamer Escape - Eliot Lefebvre - 6 / 10

The story works but it has some notable flaws, and if you’re familiar with the property lots of it feels like familiar ground. The gameplay is solid enough but it’s very much about following a very strict path rather than going off in new directions. The visuals are afforded far too much weight and don’t actually work all that well beyond seeing quick snippets in trailers. Which, when you look at it all in one go, might make this the most Star Wars game possible in all of Star Wars. I just wish that felt like a compliment.

We Got This Covered - David James - 3 / 5

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor does so much right in continuing Cal Kestis' story, delivering the best lightsaber combat in a game to date along with some huge environments to explore. Sadly it's also launching with a bevy of technical issues and frame-rate problems that will provide the worst experience for early adopters. Players deserve better.

Ars Technica - Alessandro Fillari - Unscored

While I enjoyed exploring these different worlds, I sometimes struggled to figure out where to go and how to make my trek there. Though the game features a helpful 3D holo map that shows paths and layouts for areas-along with generous fast travel and ridable mounts to cover great distances-the game does struggle with conveying which parts of the environment you can truly interact with. This led to many moments where I was faced with solving a puzzle or making a jump to a hard-to-reach area without knowing whether or not I was simply there too early to solve it.

Chicas Gamers - Estela Villa - Spanish - Unscored

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor is a third-person adventure game that drinks from the base of its predecessor, expanding the gameplay options and that is quite fun to play, especially the platform phases, the puzzles and the parts of secondary content , which are well worked. On the contrary, it has some things to improve in the technical part, but that will surely be fixed with a patch. A recommended game for all fans of the galactic saga and for platform lovers. Finishing it will take you between 15-20h if you focus on the main story, but if you want to complete it 100% you can easily throw it out around 40h.

Echo Boomer - David Fialho - Portuguese - Essential

Despite a somewhat shaky launch, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has proven to be one of the most outstanding Star Wars games ever made, offering a compelling and immersive experience that easily places it among the top contenders for game of the year.

Eurogamer - Chris Tapsell - No Recommendation

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor lovable unpretentiousness is what makes it such a blast - but a lack of true focus holds it back.

Eurogamer.pt - Jorge Loureiro - Portuguese - No Recommendation

It is impossible to recommend the PC version at this time, which was precisely the version we had access to. We'll be keeping an eye out for updates until launch. If performance improves, we will update this review. It's a shame to see a game of this caliber compromised by technical issues. Other than that, Jedi Survivor, like the previous one, has all the ingredients to make fans of the saga delirious. Although it doesn't do anything transcendent (it's a safe sequel), it gets almost everything right.

Kotaku - Lucas White - Unscored

Respawn’s Fallen Order sequel is a big, bombastic blockbuster but doesn’t forget what made the first one special

One More Game - Vincent Ternida - Buy

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a monumental balancing act that improves upon its predecessor while standing on its own as a satisfying and emotional story. From its dynamic gameplay to an improvement in its movement and verticality to the delicate balance of its story, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor gets a lot of things right, showing us the way how to make a true Star Wars video game.

Just like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order before it, I highly recommend this game not only to fans of Star Wars but to everyone else simply because of the experience. The game offers players a story of epic proportions, characters that they can emotionally relate to, and an experience that doesn't overstay its welcome or overwhelm you with too much content. It finds the right balance that ends up feeling fulfilling on all fronts.

Polygon - Todd Harper - Unscored

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor almost swept me off my feet

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Alice Bell - Unscored

An undeniably fun Star Wars sequel with a suitably epic story and smart combat, but a hell of a lot of busywork alongside it.

Skill Up - Ralph Panebianco - Unscored

Video Review - Quote not available

Slant Magazine - Justin Clark - Unscored

Jedi: Survivor is a strong entry in the modern Star Wars canon, part of a new subsect of adventures in this universe finding ways to be sci-fi fantasy without ignoring the innate horror and banal evils inherent in the premise. The story paints an impressively dire picture of the new status quo in the galaxy, and it weaves in elegantly with the interactivity of the game, tying it directly into the fact that Cal is still powerful but only one Jedi in a galaxy that fell even when there was an entire army of them.

Unboxholics - Κυριάκος Στεργιάδης - Greek - Worth your time

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is still as strong in Power as its predecessor.

Vamers - Edward Swardt - Essential

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is, without a doubt, essential gaming for any Star Wars fan or gamer who enjoys souls-like adventures. It is a game about a Jedi who survives some of the worst trials and tribulations imposed on a person, who then goes on to rebuild and recoup his life, while showcasing to the galaxy how the Empire may not be the only answer to the universe’s problems. It is a title that keeps on giving, even when least expected. Exploration is also key this time around, with truly open zones and rewards around every corner, while the title continues to build upon every single aspect introduced in Fallen Order. While combat animations may be a lot flashier than they rightfully ought to be, the game more than makes up for it by offering players a new “stance” system, a massive skill tree based on the force abilities Cal already knows, and all new mounts. Oh, and you can pet the Bogling this time around too, so there is that. As a sequel, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor doubles down on everything that made the original so good, and offers gamers a truly exceptional experience.

gameranx - Jake Baldino - Unscored

Video Review - Quote not available

ZLSvewrpmJKEM9NxKFs75D-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A grand sequel with soulslike action and the spirit of a throwback platformer.

The only thing that threatened to ruin my good time were the constant performance issues with the PC version. Even with Nvidia's latest driver specifically optimized for the game, my framerate regularly slowed to a crawl at very annoying moments. Stepping through doors sometimes triggers double-digit framerate drops for ten seconds or more. Cutscenes often plummet to 15-20 fps, cut off or overlap dialogue, and usually don't recover until I get control back.

I'm no Unreal Engine expert, but the worst slowdowns always seem to occur when the game's loading stuff in the background. Using the galaxy map on Cal's ship turned into a slideshow every single time—presumably because it's begun loading the planet I'm about to travel to. Performance in the most open parts of Koboh is pretty bad, too. On an RTX 2080 Super, i9-9900KS 4.00GHz, and 32GB RAM, I was lucky to squeeze a 35 fps average in the semi-open world. Isolated levels ran flawlessly at 80-90 fps, so there's clearly something up with the way Respawn is drawing big spaces. I briefly tried one other machine (RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM) and had the same problems.

Fiddling with graphics options didn't help much, either. There's no native option to limit the framerate, but the Nvidia control panel did the trick. The only upscaling option is FSR 2.0, which usually failed to improve my fps but always succeeded in making Cal's face blurry and unintelligible in motion. I've never missed DLSS more.

For what it's worth, there's a pre-release patch coming a few days before launch, and among the patch notes EA shared with press is "performance improvements across all platforms." Hopefully it'll help, but I'd be surprised if all of those framerate drops disappeared overnight. We are living in a time of bad PC ports(opens in new tab), after all.

baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

I'm playing it Friday regardless.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
27 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
ZLSvewrpmJKEM9NxKFs75D-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A grand sequel with soulslike action and the spirit of a throwback platformer.

baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

I'm playing it Friday regardless.

Dunno about the other stuff, but the first game suffered from traversal stutters and occasional shader compilation stuttering. I expected no improvements there!

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why in god's name do you guys place so much stock in scores? I'm legit confused by this.

I guess it depends on why it scores low. Was because there was too much water, like a Pokémon game IGN didn’t know how to review, or because of a sudden difficulty spike that made the game feel unplayable, or a weird decision where fast travel was locked to a finite resource that if you didn’t know going in you’d end up using them all up and making the rest of the game and later completionist item hunting more laborious than the last game. Depends. 

17 hours ago, Biggie said:

Bruh the first one was fun as hell and the Star Wars universe was done very well. 
This one is next-gen only and will offer fast travel. 

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Top Gun

Yeah, I figure it will at least be fun my first time through. Because of a lack of fast travel I never got the urge to go back to game and complete it or play it a second time. 

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Apparently spoilers have leaked. Stay safe out there. 

And on YouTube the Star Wars channels are just the worst about it. Full spoilers in the thumbnails and titles of the videos. Ruined twists in the last game, Mandalorian, Obiwan, just so annoying. 

I took Friday off to hopefully get ahead of the spoilers. 😞

PC gamer hate streak continues (not that 80 is a bad score) but they gave Honkai Star Rail a 90. There's no way any of you are playing that over this game.

Also, they've been constantly penalizing a game for performance issues and while that seems like a valid complaint a launch, a lot of games they've been slamming have gotten performance improvements after launch of course, but they'll never change the review to reflect that. Overall unless the issues are crippling I think that maybe PC Gamer reviews aren't the best to go on.

• Halal 1