What's your take on the Amber Heard-Johnny Depp case?

Fizzzzle

I like thin crispy pancakes but a bit thicker than crapes 

Anyway, about your topic title, Jack Sparrow didn't shouldn't have gotten that shit end of the stick, but reddit's "my poor battered and abused baby!!!!" shit is lame. Like, is testimony or whatever the fuck it is called is totally acted and reddit it eating it up. I mean, if I had to pick a side I'm picking Sweeney Todd's.

But like, you know how when you watch a good show, but then the fan base makes you cringe and it makes you almost not watch it or  partake in discussion of the show? That's how some of the comments make me. Either way, it is annoying when people call out the other side for literally acting sad when they are both actors and are acting for the best result. 

30 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I like a nice blueberry pancake. It’s been a while. Hell, I like ihop. 

No,  I have not followed the case of these two actors. 

But what if you could make a blueberry pancake... only really big. I want to find the biggest shallow pan I can find, my guess is that it's probably a paella pan, and just make an obnoxiously large pancake.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

But what if you could make a blueberry pancake... only really big. I want to find the biggest shallow pan I can find, my guess is that it's probably a paella pan, and just make an obnoxiously large pancake.

What about a blueberry pancake with a big blueberry and a small pancake?

58 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I am actually not great at making pancakes myself, so I’d probably just fuck it up. 

My cousin dated Amber for about a year or two and she came over to my house once circa 2006. She was very nice and shockingly pretty, like a real life photoshop job. Sorry for bringing this back on topic to some degree.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My cousin dated Amber for about a year or two and she came over to my house once circa 2006. She was very nice and shockingly pretty, like a real life photoshop job. Sorry for bringing this back on topic to some degree.

How dare you! if I had a glove, I would throw it at your feet, sir!

Nah I dunno she kind of sounds a bit psycho, though. I draw a line at allegedly shitting in someone's bed and not so allegedly punching your partner at the airport.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Kal-El814 said:

The psyop / troll farm that is pushing pro Depp nonsense truly boggles the mind.

Evidence:

I think you are giving them far too much credit because BA is perfectly capable of reaching a stupid conclusion on his own. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I think you are giving them far too much credit because BA is perfectly capable of reaching a stupid conclusion on his own. 

This is true, of course.

That said, as the details of this case have already been litigated in Europe where Depp lost (multiple times I believe), and the narratives / memes on social media are almost exclusively things that have been debunked (or again, previously litigated), I stand by my point. :p

EDIT - to wit:

Just now, johnny said:

i havent paid any attention to this but the entire internet seems to believe heard is crazy and depp is mostly innocent.

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

I thought it was the other way around until this trial started so idk what's going on

Again, Depp already tried this and lost abroad. There’s nothing new coming to light here he’s just litigating domestically and in a state which allows a level of media access that is allowing the memeification of the trial. Obviously what happened in Europe has no bearing on what the domestic outcome will be, but the notion that Heard is some unhinged liar is not supported by evidence. It’s just a smear campaign.

• Halal 1

I mean, I don't think Jack Sparrow will win this defamation trial. Maybe if this was about which side was actually the bigger domestic abuser but it's not. I mean, it is totally about that as well and Johnny Depp has already won in the eyes of many. Win or lose, he comes out on top.

I'm not #StandWithAmberHeard but I'm not gonna stand with Depp either but I'm more on that side while not being on Heard's side at all. 

There is zero doubt that Johnny Depp abused Amber Heard. He has a documented history of physically assaulting other people. Depp’s legal team is fabricating mental illness for Heard in the interest of portraying her as a hysterical woman. TikTok and even places like Etsy are riddled with Heard’s accounts of being abused being memed and monetized. Claims that Depp has previously made that Heard made up names for him like “The Monster” were found to have originated from Depp himself.

If you don’t see how this trial is being weaponized not just against Heard but also against abuse victims as a means of silencing them and discouraging  the reporting of domestic abuse, I don’t know what to say.

Again, this is a defamation case. Of the 14 things Depp claimed were defamation in the UK, 12 of them were found to likely be true / occurred, and he lost again on appeal. Of the 2 that were not ruled in Heard’s favor, one of them was due to insufficient evidence, and the other was because Depp was not cross examined.

If your take on this is like “well there was mutual abuse” or something along those lines I am begging you to interrogate your biases.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:35 AM, sblfilms said:

Did he ever insert a vodka bottle in her vagina?