What's your take on the Amber Heard-Johnny Depp case?

Fizzzzle

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Truly wild to see the masses get gamergate'd, having seen it happen to gamers earlier.

You're pretending the evidence presented hasn't been massively in Depps favor. 

I have zero doubt that there is no "good guy" in this, but the actual evidence and testimony was so one sided, I don't know how a jury comes to any other verdict.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

You're pretending the evidence presented hasn't been massively in Depps favor. 

I have zero doubt that there is no "good guy" in this, but the actual evidence and testimony was so one sided, I don't know how a jury comes to any other verdict.

Did you watch much of the trial, or just the clips that were going around social media?

I know I didn’t tune in and watch the trial, but I saw a lot of suggested videos on FB/YT/Insta of Depp and his lawyer clowning around, or suggesting Heard was snorting coke on the stand, and all sorts of other obviously biased content.

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Did you watch much of the trial, or just the clips that were going around social media?

I know I didn’t tune in and watch the trial, but I saw a lot of suggested videos on FB/YT/Insta of Depp and his lawyer clowning around, or suggesting Heard was snorting coke on the stand, and all sorts of other obviously biased content.

I watched quite a bit. There was almost no evidence presented of his abuse beyond hearsay. She had pics where her cheek was a little red, and experts showed had altered metadata. There were multiple audio and video recordings of her admitting to abusing him, taunting him. The worse thing against him was a video of him slamming cupboards, and same terrible words, but no evidence of physical abuse.

As far as the throwing shit at the defense, it's the job of a defamation lawyer to destroy your opponents credibility. They did that, but she gave them that power with actual evidence.

Ambers insistence that only she was telling the truth played really badly to the jury, and some of her experts made things really bad for her. 

Others pretending Depp won despite evidence is nonsense at best.

"Tell the world, Johnny! Tell the world, you, a man, were abused! See who believes you!"

"I didn't punch you, I hit you"

"i can't promise I won't get violent with you again" (while begging him to come back after she was "hitting" him. 

I don't necessarily believe Depp is innocent of DV, but she sure didn't prove it at trial.