What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

6 hours ago, stepee said:

I combed through the Steam sale and filled my cart with 12 games for about $115 I’ll pull the trigger on Christmas day for

Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD

Shadows over Loathing

Blood West (and some other game they made cuz it’s the only way to get sale price)

Devil may cry collection

La Noire

Max Payne 3

Sunset Overdrive

Scott Pilgram vs the World

Rainworld 

Cloudpunk

Clive and Wrench

Kings Quest Collection (1-7)

Didnt know there was a second game in the Loathing series. I thought I owned West of Loathing but Steam says no so gotta rectify that. 

The Messenger

Boomerang X

Little Nightmares I and II

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe

Shadows of Loathing

West of Loathing with DLC

$59.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

Didnt know there was a second game in the Loathing series. I thought I owned West of Loathing but Steam says no so gotta rectify that. 

The Messenger

Boomerang X

Little Nightmares I and II

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe

Shadows of Loathing

West of Loathing with DLC

$59.

I loved west of loathing so much, I have been waiting for a sale on this one.

Automobilista 2 with its 2020-2022 pass is on sale on Steam for like around $40. There’s a fan made companion app called Race Life that acts like a career mode. So far kind of neat. 

my friends and I also bought Aliens Fireteam Elite. It was $12 on Xbox, which I can play on PC thanks to play anywhere. We tried it out and we think we will get some good co-op fun out of it. It kind of looks and feels like an Xbox 360 game. Which is weird for a game that released in 2021. Still it will give us something to shoot together. 

7 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I know I’m going to have a fair few drinks today and whilst I never buy anything drunk…hungover purchases are a different matter. We need a new TV so I’ve got my eye on a 50” Samsung and it might make sense to also get Spiderman and Pikmin 4 to celebrate that fact. 

Oled? 

Finally got around to using my @stepee tip. Thank you again sir 🙏

I came in wanting Lies of P (yes I realize it is on game pass but I felt like throwing them a little extra to support the dev) and had a couple of things I wanted, some I held off on too otherwise it would have been more.

Singularity - Raven Software's last game before becoming a COD factory. I heard good things and less than $10 I'll check it out

Way of the Samurai 3 & 4 - I actually haven't played the first two, but I wanted to fire them up on RPCS2, noticed the other games were on PC so I could add them to the list.

Mr. Driller Drillerland - I only discovered this was a thing a couple months ago. I love to fire the original game up on duckstation but now that I see there's a more modern version, that's something I can get into

I probably won't explain the rest but they are:

Mega Man Battle Network

Othercide

Resonance of Fate

Tactics Ogre

Cynthia Hidden in the Moonshadow

Onee Chanbara Origin

Stuff I wanted but held off in the end:

Valkyrie Elisium

Front Mission 1st - (I figure by the time I get around to this one they might do something with the second game, like bundle them together???)

• Hype 1

We bought the new TV today, after measuring and checking, we’ve opted for a 43” Samsung that will work beautifully in our lounge. I had to really resist the urge to buy a few new games to test it out..but I may cave with that tomorrow if I end up going shopping.

Update: TV has arrived, did a quick check of performance using God of War Ragnarok and it’s noticeably better. A good choice all round. 

• Like 1

Got Super Mario Wonder for a Xmas gift. Then I bought their online + expansion family pack for 1 year and I just purchase Nintendo Switch Sports because 1st it’s only $35 right now,  liked the Wii version, bought it for my nieces, and can play them online I believe. They want a playdate with their Uncle hopefully tomorrow afternoon playing sports or Mario Kart. I don’t go easy on them either :D They beat me once yesterday and were surprised/happy. I bombarded by 2 blue shells and 3 red shells within 6secs.

• Like 1

I got LA NOIRE as one of the games when I went holiday sale binging for xmas and was happy to see the 60fps mod works great on it! Definitely can see doing a replay soon. Also got Max Payne 3 on the sale for the same price for $6. Glad to have these games on Steam now.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I started like a dragon and it's great. 

Good Good. I hope you keep with it and start up some of the others once you're done. I probably won't play this one for a while. I really need to go back and finish up Lost Judgement and Yakuza 0 first. =/

Just now, chakoo said:

Good Good. I hope you keep with it and start up some of the others once you're done. I probably won't play this one for a while. I really need to go back and finish up Lost Judgement and Yakuza 0 first. =/

Well this is my first in the series. All of them review really well so I may get to them, too. I was gifted it by stepee so I didn't make the decision. 

I accidentally bought a second visa $100 card from Amazon when I did my xmas shopping and decided to do the right thing and use it on myself so I did one last xmas haul for myself and got Judgement, Lost Judgement, Armored Core 6, RE1 HD, and DBZ Fighterz ($99.89 so almost exactly on the money!)

John’s GOTY pick video sent me over the edge on AC6 and LAD Gaiden just left me craving more Yakuza beat em ups.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I accidentally bought a second visa $100 card from Amazon when I did my xmas shopping and decided to do the right thing and use it on myself so I did one last xmas haul for myself and got Judgement, Lost Judgement, Armored Core 6, RE1 HD, and DBZ Fighterz ($99.89 so almost exactly on the money!)

John’s GOTY pick video sent me over the edge on AC6 and LAD Gaiden just left me craving more Yakuza beat em ups.

Fuck. I'm interested in Armored Core 6 too. You going to play it on the deck? 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fuck. I'm interested in Armored Core 6 too. You going to play it on the deck? 

Yeah I’m primarily planning to play on deck but it looks nice so I’ll check it out sometimes on desktop too I’m sure. But my tv time is going to be taken up my Starfield for a bit. I figure grinding at difficult things also works better for me on deck.

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah I’m primarily planning to play on deck but it looks nice so I’ll check it out sometimes on desktop too I’m sure. But my tv time is going to be taken up my Starfield for a bit. I figure grinding at difficult things also works better for me on deck.

Alright. I do miss Starfield but I'll think of something new to buy. It might be Armored Core 6 we shall see. 

spacer.png

As mention I got some more stuff today, I also have 1 more thing due for delivery today but not in the photo (Persona 5 Tactics switch, it dropped to $45 Cad last week). Hopefully this will be it for a while as I got a lot to play through but just wanted to take advantage of the cheaper prices over the holidays. The taito arcade memories vol 2 just came out right before Christmas in japan and I though I would grab the yakuza games to add to the collection since they were cheap (under $15) and I've wanted to have the ps3 versions for these two games for a while.

If you're curious what the Taito Arcade Memories is all about, it's an SD card for the Taito Egret 2 mini that adds 10 more games to play on the system.

• True 1
  • Hype 1

7 hours ago, chakoo said:

spacer.png

As mention I got some more stuff today, I also have 1 more thing due for delivery today but not in the photo (Persona 5 Tactics switch, it dropped to $45 Cad last week). Hopefully this will be it for a while as I got a lot to play through but just wanted to take advantage of the cheaper prices over the holidays. The taito arcade memories vol 2 just came out right before Christmas in japan and I though I would grab the yakuza games to add to the collection since they were cheap (under $15) and I've wanted to have the ps3 versions for these two games for a while.

If you're curious what the Taito Arcade Memories is all about, it's an SD card for the Taito Egret 2 mini that adds 10 more games to play on the system.

The Erget 2 does look pretty sweet!

11 hours ago, stepee said:

The Erget 2 does look pretty sweet!

Its the best mini unit made IMO. It is also hackable but I found the experience poor since it's not polished. As long as you're a fan of taito games I would recommend one and it does look like the team/company is planning to do more game pack releases this year for it. 

You can grab one off amazon.com for $200 (USD) but a somewhat better deal (bar shipping cost) is buying a vol 2 pack off amazon jp that includes the system & arcade memories vol 2 for (18,156Yen + ~ 6,000Yen shipping (via dhl) = $170 USD.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/TAS-S-003-イーグレットツー-ミニ-アーケードメモリーズVOL-1/dp/B0CG5R7SW8/ref=rvi_d_sccl_2/358-3882383-2760838

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2023 at 3:58 PM, Dre801 said:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I already had it for Series X, but since it's on Steam right now for 5 bucks, I couldn't pass it up.

oh yeah that’s a good call, I swore I was done with this years sale but that is too good to own it on Steam