What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

Huh, I don't think I posted all my recent pickups (I know I said I would stop this year)
. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Switch) (Asian english import, wanted to play this and get a physical copy and it was on sale)

. Yakuza Anniversary Ed (PS4) (had it digitally, just wanted a physical copy and it was on sale)

. Unicorn Overlord (Switch) (I've been posting about my drama with amazon deliveries)

. Miitopia (Switch) (Amazon.ca had it on sale)

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, Biggie said:
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

A full house - Editor's note: Following the publication of this review, it has come to light that the game has been removed from European Switch eShops follo...

I will be getting this Friday.  It got a 10;/10 outstanding review rating. 

I've been enjoying it (although I do enjoy Roguelites) -- a lot of the systems are similar to something like Slay the Spire and Brotato.  That said, the gameplay mechanics are very different.

It's initially very confusing, trying to get your head around all of the systems (and there are a LOT of them), but it eventually clicked with me.

• Hugs 1

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've been enjoying it (although I do enjoy Roguelites) -- a lot of the systems are similar to something like Slay the Spire and Brotato.  That said, the gameplay mechanics are very different.

It's initially very confusing, trying to get your head around all of the systems (and there are a LOT of them), but it eventually clicked with me.

Can’t wait to try it!

Saw a Capcom and EA Classic sale on Steam and decided to splurge. 

Dead Rising Series - only played 1

Okami - love the game and wanted it

Onimusha - itching for an old school action game

Remember Me - always heard good things

Command and Conquer Series - love this series and had to have the collection 

The Saboteur - one of the most underrated games of all time 

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

WARNING: A complete unnecessary RANT with little point below. I felt I needed to talk this out out loud sort of speak so's I can better myself. I in no way am asking for attention nore do I NEED IT. This is just my way of answering the Question that this post asks in a informative way in a to many words way, my way, the only way I know how....The HardAct WAY! I truly suggest you skip it in it's entirety and move on, really nothing to read here.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been thinking about it and thinking about it really hard and I haven't bought NOT A SINGLE game this year! This shit is bonkers!! I went from buying overy 2000k a year EASY to nothing. What did it was I made a list, just a passing thought really about what to play next or really a list of games that I bought at FULL price but still have to play. So this is mostly all POST fire now too in 2018 as I was mostly bought Physical copies of games pre-fire except Steam/PC games. I lost EVERYTHING in that fire of course and started buying games at a even more vigorous pace tham before and I thought I was bad back then. This time all digital because I thought that will NEVER happen ever again to me and off I went. Hell I bought about 15 PS5 games before I was able to even buy the console. What really sucks is I still have most of those games to play. At least those I bought almost ALL on eBay for$40 or less but all brand new!

Anyway to wrap this up......Back to my list I was making. I started digging and finding that I had well over 6 pages long still to play. I made the list on like groceries lists pads having 20 lines per page I got to paged 6 and came to a realization! AN AH-HA Moment if you will. Maybe I'm not a gamer anymore? Laugh yea but I was serious at this moment. These games weren't Steam sale games these were games like Forbidden West, BotW2, God of War 2, Both Spidermans, Demon souls remake, Dying Light 2, Death stranding, Halo Infinite,  GT7, Ratchet & Clank: Rift apart, Returnal,Deathloop, FFXVI, FF Remake, Metroid Dread, Jedi: FO, Pillars of Eternity 2, PREY, Tyranny, Crisis Core: FF7 Reunion, Mario Odyssey, etc, etc. These games were all bought NEW full price or near it and I've yet to even start them. This list wouldn't have been that alarming but those were right of the top of my head, when I really looked into my PS5, Xbox, Nintendo, and PC lists I was just majorly backlogged with games that could each be well over 20-30 hours or even more. The ONLY game I FINALLY broke down and played was Elden Ring and I put 70 hours into it and love it I might add. 

Ok so I'm / we're doing well enough post-fire to have bounced back and have quite a bit of spending money, but this was excessive to say the least as I have a list going right next to this one that is full of game I THINK I NEED NOW or SOON! Games like: Baldur's Gate 3, Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6, etc, etc. That list is also 5 pages!! I finally saw what I was doing, I was getting way more out of buying games, collecting them which is comical in it's own right as there FUCKING DIGITAL GAMES! How is that COLLECTING? I need no one to feel sorry for me, I'm an adult, YES I'm a Gamer still but I have realized that buy the time I actually will sit down to play most if not ALL they will be ALL under $20 bucks, {on some Steam summer/winter sale for $10} or free on GP and / or PS+ and I could maybe use that money in a different way is all. It's crazy to see all the games that I BOUGHT FULL PRICE now that are on Gamepass and PS+. I'm so glad that I started this list, my What to play next list. Having it be over 6 pages w/ 20 games on each....That's 120 games just in the last 4 years that were for the most part AAA and were a MUST have that I was able to see a path forward and so I CAN now SAY I have not bought a game THIS YEAR and for me that's an INCREDIBLE STATEMENT!

I DO really, really want BG3 and SF6 though and it eats at me everyday. That is why I keep that Damned List right next to me hanging where I see at at all times in our gameroom where I play the most!

Happy NEW YEAR may we all learn to grow in one way or another friends......PEACE!

• Halal 1

@HardAct

I've stuck with setting a small budget for very opportunistic deals each year, roughly the amount of a PS+/Games Pass subscription.  Things like a good Humble Choice month, or Tales of Arise for $5. It's small enough where I don't feel bad about not getting around to everything I buy, but also I don't feel any pressure to resub to a plan, or lose access to something I coulda/woulda/shoulda played.   Then those 1-3 games I really want enough each year to buy new, I will.

It's a good balance for me, and I get enough out of the deal hunting without feeling stupid for overspending or not getting to everything.   But no disrespect at all for just focusing on the backlog.  You can use that to save up for new hardware pretty efficiently too, if it’s part of a gaming budget.

My boys bought two copies of Helldivers 2 last night.  After watching it on streams, its all they've been able to talk about for days.

I found a deal on GMG for 17% off, and they said they still said they wanted to wait for next weeks Steam Sale.

My response to my son -- "The game is a month old, and published by Sony -- do you really think it will be more than 17% off next Thursday".

His response "Of course -- do you know how many people have this on their wishlist?  They would be crazy not to include it in the sale.  So many people would buy it."

My response:  "That's not how video game sales work.  Games don't go on sale right away."

Followed by: "You're on March break next week.  You can either wait 'til next Thursday, and not get to play the game you're super excited about on your vacation until then.  Or, you can buy it tonight and play it during your week off."

His response:  "Can you put it on your PayPal, and I will give you cash?"

My kids have mostly been into FTP games up until now, and are finally starting to transition to Steam games.  They haven't learned how to manage sales.

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

C$50 is a meaningful amount for a 14-year old. 

Hey I was 14 once too believe it or not. I remember how meaningful 50 Canadian dollars are. My friend and I would walk to Comp USA and just look at stuff, that's how meaningful C$50 was :p

Got this bundle:

WWW.HUMBLEBUNDLE.COM

Journey alongside some of gaming’s most inspiring heroines! Get Eastward, Metal: Hellsinger & more! Your purchase helps Girls Who Code & Girls Make Games.

I’ve been waiting for Wanted: Dead to hit $15 and this gets me that along with three other games (Eastward, Lisa, Scars Above) I’m at least a little interested in, especially Lisa. 

I already have these two so feel free to redeem these keys if you get to them first:

Chorus: 4KZNF-LCF8F-IRWTC

Plagues Tale Innocence:  6J956-0N6PL-ZJG28

I played this one on GP and just didn’t like it so maybe someone else will:

Metal Hellsinger: 

3QL0I-K4BZ2-V7J38

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Oh man I didn’t realize that Wanted: Dead just got a major patch and that there is an easy mode now, more checkpoints, and other improvements! @Phaseknox

I can tell it would have been too hard because even easy is no walk in the park for me. But man it’s a blasssssst as it is now. Highly recommend this one already for $15 for anyone who thinks it looks appealing. If you saw the trailer and were like ya I wanna play that, it’s going to hit the right notes for you. And you get those other games.

• Halal 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:44 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

My boys bought two copies of Helldivers 2 last night.  After watching it on streams, its all they've been able to talk about for days.

I found a deal on GMG for 17% off, and they said they still said they wanted to wait for next weeks Steam Sale.

My response to my son -- "The game is a month old, and published by Sony -- do you really think it will be more than 17% off next Thursday".

His response "Of course -- do you know how many people have this on their wishlist?  They would be crazy not to include it in the sale.  So many people would buy it."

My response:  "That's not how video game sales work.  Games don't go on sale right away."

Followed by: "You're on March break next week.  You can either wait 'til next Thursday, and not get to play the game you're super excited about on your vacation until then.  Or, you can buy it tonight and play it during your week off."

I hate to inform your children but Helldivers 2 is not on sale at all. :rose:

Steam spring sale haul so far:

Fort Solis

Deadly Premonition 2

Groove Coaster

Ys: 7, 8, and Celceta (completing my ys collection on Steam)

Genital Jousting

Road Redemption

King of Fighters 15 dlc (all extra fighters for $15!)

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

Gears 5 -- Hivebusters DLC

I was hoping to get Avatar: Fronteiers of Pandora, Gold Edition with the expectation that EGS would have an extra $15 off coupon -- no dice.

Trying to decide on whether to pick it up for the 40% off, or wait until the Summer sale (with the hope it will be cheaper yet).

spacer.png

I've got a Analogue in my Pocket and it's happy to see me (bday gift to myself, it was new and luckily the markup wasn't much to the point it probably would have cost me the same to buy from analogue + their shipping to Canada). I was going to get a black one but kept dragging my feat and they went out of stock again but I'm happy with a clear one.

I also got a 3ds game but I'll save a photo of that for the 3ds thread!

• Like 2
  • Hype 1

On 3/8/2024 at 9:44 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

My kids have mostly been into FTP games up until now, and are finally starting to transition to Steam games.  They haven't learned how to manage sales.

Your kids just though it was another Ubisoft game is all. :D

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

spacer.png

I've got a Analogue in my Pocket and it's happy to see me (bday gift to myself, it was new and luckily the markup wasn't much to the point it probably would have cost me the same to buy from analogue + their shipping to Canada). I was going to get a black one but kept dragging my feat and they went out of stock again but I'm happy with a clear one.

I also got a 3ds game but I'll save a photo of that for the 3ds thread!

Awesome!! And happy bday!

On 3/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, stepee said:

I’ve been waiting for Wanted: Dead to hit $15 and this gets me that along with three other games (Eastward, Lisa, Scars Above) I’m at least a little interested in, especially Lisa.

Scars Above is a pretty good third person sci-fi survival horror game set on an alien planet, I think that you’ll like it.

• Halal 1

Man Steam sales are pretty great. Besides Psychonauts 2, I also nabbed Pizza Tower and MARVEL’s Midnight Suns for dirt cheap. 

I wanted to get more games but I feel I should show some restraint. Otherwise my backlog may actually kill me, haha.

On 3/15/2024 at 4:46 PM, HardAct said:

Bought Street Fighter 6. The plan is to invest some time into this this weekend.......Fingers crossed it's as good as most are saying on these boards!

I expect you to be playing on Steam deck while seated in your new car! 

On 3/21/2024 at 5:25 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I expect you to be playing on Steam deck while seated in your new car! 

The ROG Ally gets near all my play at the moment. I'm building a NEW PC when the 5090 is released no holds barred and that will also be a pretty penny. The car isn't here yet!!!! It's coming from IOWA. This car has spent the last 7 years in a climate controlled car storage unit on a trickle charger. It's a frame of restomod and has 373 miles on it....lol I don't know if I'm going to be allowed in it. This was so way out of the NORM for ME. I mean I can spend money we all can, but 60k? When I saw this one though I had to at least try. It's always been a Dream and it's very close to my new reality. Hell It's costing me another 3k to get it here and insure it for the trip. CAN NOT WAIT, It's a 4 speed manual just the very best of the best. It's a 56 year old Brand new car. Looking at it that way makes it WAY WAY easier in my head as the new 2025 Dodge Revolution Truck that were thinking of buying late this year or next is in the upper 80's in the trim we want. That though has been put on hold for um.......a little bit LOL!!!!

• Hype 1