What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh yeah that’s a good call, I swore I was done with this years sale but that is too good to own it on Steam

I ended up buying the BioWare backlog for $25. Thought it was a good deal since I want to replay ME trilogy, play Andromeda, and maybe revisit Dragon Age. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@stepee  I have $3.91 left in my steam wallet. Do you recommend anything that's $2.99 or lower?

At that price and without looking at indie stuff there are some options like Valve stuff is all 99 cents each ( Half Life 2, HL2 Ep1, Hl2 Ep2, Portal, Portal 2, Left for Dead 1, Left for Dead2) there is also a remake of Half Life 1 called Black Mesa which would be more new to you which is $3.

Then either Dishonred game is also $3. Or Fallout New Vegas is $3.  If you can add a couple extra dollars then you can get stuff like Mass Effect Legendary edition or Max Payne 3 which will look great on deck. 

But my pick if you haven’t played it especially if you haven’t played it would be Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition as that game is still fun and looks great imo on deck and fits in neatly at $3 and then if you have 9 cents you could even add Portal 2.

Also my Mom is an option as Brian said.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

At that price and without looking at indie stuff there are some options like Valve stuff is all 99 cents each ( Half Life 2, HL2 Ep1, Hl2 Ep2, Portal, Portal 2, Left for Dead 1, Left for Dead2) there is also a remake of Half Life 1 called Black Mesa which would be more new to you which is $3.

Then either Dishonred game is also $3. Or Fallout New Vegas is $3.  If you can add a couple extra dollars then you can get stuff like Mass Effect Legendary edition or Max Payne 3 which will look great on deck. 

But my pick if you haven’t played it especially if you haven’t played it would be Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition as that game is still fun and looks great imo on deck and fits in neatly at $3 and then if you have 9 cents you could even add Portal 2.

Also my Mom is an option as Brian said.

Hmm. I never played Half Life 2 and only heard how amazing it is. Question is, how does it hold up?

For some reason I think I played Sleeping Dogs. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hmm. I never played Half Life 2 and only heard how amazing it is. Question is, how does it hold up?

For some reason I think I played Sleeping Dogs. 

I think it will hold up and should still look pretty decent at 60fps on deck. I also saw Lost in Random which I know @Brian liked for only $3, that’s a newer game. If you haven’t played Portal either then now I’d get The Orange Box which is on sale for $2 and has HL2 with both episodes, portal, and Team Fortress 2 and then get Portal 2 also for the other $1. 

Just now, stepee said:

I think it will hold up and should still look pretty decent at 60fps on deck. I also saw Lost in Random which I know @Brian liked for only $2. If you haven’t played Portal either then now I’d get The Orange Box which is on sale for $2 and has HL2 with both episodes, portal, and Team Fortress 2 and then get Portal 2 also for the other $1. 

Well I looked up Half Life 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs is basically GTA in Tokyo and the person playing it said it still holds up in 2023. 

Portal and Half Life 2 is tempting. Idk, we are talking about $3 so I'd get more bang for my buck with this option. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well I looked up Half Life 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs is basically GTA in Tokyo and the person playing it said it still holds up in 2023. 

Portal and Half Life 2 is tempting. Idk, we are talking about $3 so I'd get more bang for my buck with this option. 

Yeah Orange Box + Portal 2 is hard to beat for $3 lol - Sleeping Dogs is $3.79 on cdkeys so you can always get it for dirt cheap also down the line

edit: Make sure you get “The orange box” which includes Half Life 2 and the episodes and the first portal and TF2, do not purchase HL2 separately.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah Orange Box + Portal 2 is hard to beat for $3 lol - Sleeping Dogs is $3.79 on cdkeys so you can always get it for dirt cheap also down the line

edit: Make sure you get “The orange box” which includes Half Life 2 and the episodes and the first portal and TF2, do not purchase HL2 separately.

Got it. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I saw that actually but figured the 8bit graphics would be a no go for best :P

Definitely a great pick up for anyone who enjoys pixel art still

Hey, I'm in love with Persona's visuals so my tastes are changing. I'll look up undertale now. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Hey, I'm in love with Persona's visuals so my tastes are changing. I'll look up undertale now. 

Well Persona is a very good looking modern game. It’s built on a ps3 engine but it has some modern improvements and is so stylized it looks incredible still. Undertale is a vastly different thing :P

But I’ll always encourage people to grow accustomed to different styles and older games because art is the most important thing at the end of the day. 

Just now, stepee said:

Well Persona is a very good looking modern game. It’s built on a ps3 engine but it has some modern improvements and is so stylized it looks incredible still. Undertale is a vastly different thing :P

But I’ll always encourage people to grow accustomed to different styles and older games because art is the most important thing at the end of the day. 

Haha I threw up in my mouth just a second ago watching Undertale. The orange box it is!

• Haha 1

Calculated my spending for 2023:

$110 on Switch (2 games)

$120 on PS5 (4 games)

$136 on PC (195 games)

Total: $366

I might do a little less this coming year, depending on sales.   I'm starting to get to that point where most of the AAA games I'd possibly want from the past generation I own.  Well, except Nintendo because their prices suck.

9Jcee1b.png

LPUcukd.png

The Steam/Epic sales got me a bit this time.  After Steam wallet credit, I spent $30 between Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts III PC and Skywalker Saga.  Don't think those games will be getting much lower than that any time soon.

Going to bite on the Humble Choice too eventually this month.  @stepee was right about it.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

You probably need to give it some more time, it’s all about building the world in the beginning. 

But yeah another $3 will come around and Sleeping Dogs will still be on cdkeys :P

Did you get Black Mesa to cum at Xen?

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Half Life 2 hasn't aged well imo. It didn't hook me at all and I just didn't enjoy it. I probably should have gone with Sleeping Dogs but oh well. It was $3. 

Once this song starts playing you'll be hooked on the game  Hype.png

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No. And the game doesn't start out fun at all. That's a big no no for me. The visuals were halfway decent but definitely look old af now. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just because I’ve never played Half Life 1 :P

Itll be further down my list but it was like 90% off so it was the time to buy

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

you could always skip to EP1 when you get the gravity gun or just play Portal 

You start out with the gravity gun in episode 1. It was more of an annoyance than anything fun. I will try Portal but I did play that back in the day. 

Team Fortress 2 wasn't configured with the proper controls. So navigating the menu was a nightmare lol. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You start out with the gravity gun in episode 1. It was more of an annoyance than anything fun. I will try Portal but I did play that back in the day. 

Team Fortress 2 wasn't configured with the proper controls. So navigating the menu was a nightmare lol. 

Did you get Portal 2 also/play that before? That game definitely holds up.

For TF2 you should be able to hit the steam button and go to configure controls and find a premade template that works.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

Did you get Portal 2 also/play that before? That game definitely holds up.

For TF2 you should be able to hit the steam button and go to configure controls and find a premade template that works.

I did hit the steam button and found different control schemes to dl. 

I don't remember if I ever played Portal 2. 

I got Trepeng 2 because I got on a Fear kick. I wish Fear had the slide mechanic which is weird because could have sworn it did! Mandela effect. But it seems pretty cool and really its own thing, which I think is actually a good thing though some people might wish it was more Fear. Seems to run very well on the deck and looks great with all the deep blacks on the oled. That was from the demo which I played first before buying it - maybe retail runs even better!

Then I also added the following because I realized there were some humble bundles I purchased years ago that might have some stuff I’d play now on a handheld pc:

Earth Defense Force 4.1 + shit ton of dlc

Late Shift

Fight N Rage

Bleed 2

Darkside Detective

Slipstream

Immortal Redneck

Observer

MGS 5: Ground Zeroes (completing my collection sans 4)

Van Helsling

Guacamele! Super Championship Edition

Super Meat Boy

Subnautica

VVVVVV (!)

Tower of Guns

The Swapper

Sword and Sorcery EP

Mirrors Edge

Wizorb

Thomas was alone

Mcpixel