Update: Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal footage (48 minutes)

Brian

Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said.

Lining up perfectly with next gen consoles.

• Guillotine 1

I don’t think it deserves its own thread, but have you guys heard about the “boycott” on the game? Someone made a reply to the CP2077 Twitter account saying “you guys” and the account replied with “did you just assume my gender?!?!?” and now people are flipping out saying that CDPR has destroyed all of their good will and they will never buy another game from them... People are f’n ridiculous.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I don’t think it deserves its own thread, but have you guys heard about the “boycott” on the game? Someone made a reply to the CP2077 Twitter account saying “you guys” and the account replied with “did you just assume my gender?!?!?” and now people are flipping out saying that CDPR has destroyed all of their good will and they will never buy another game from them... People are f’n ridiculous.

There are reactions across the spectrum. 

It was a stupid, and yes, offensive, thing to post. I would say I’ve seen the vast majority of people react pretty mild to not at all to it. Then you have the people who are pretty extreme and say (keyword “say”) they aren’t going to buy it. And you have the alt right people building their narrative and conspiracy theories. 

So yeah, basically a typical Wednesday. 

CDPR issued a boiler plate “I’m sorry if anyone was offended by the offensive thing we said,” apology. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Is “playable start to finish” the new 90-90 rule?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-ninety_rule

Close enough.

"Playable start to finish" probably means:

(a) the game won't cause the console to brick or format the HDD/SSD when you hit the .exe file

(b) you could theoretically complete the game after crashing approximately 8,436 times along the way

(c) it really, REALLY looks and plays like shit

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Typically like in this case the people that complained about CDPR's joke don't actually buy or play videogames they just like to complain and are never satisfied. CDPR never should have made an apology because where did it get them? These nutjobs didn't accept it and went on to complain some more. They even went an extra mile as well. One of those nutjobs from ResetEra doxxed the CDPR employee who made the joke. Thankfully word is that most developers including CDPR are aware of this fake internet outrage and have a good laugh behind closed doors. 

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Typically like in this case the people that complained about CDPR's joke don't actually buy or play videogames they just like to complain and are never satisfied. 

This is said ad nauseam with zero evidence other than that’s what people who weren’t offended want to be true.

Also their apology is a non-apology. It’s not acceptable to the people they offended because they didn’t apologize for their actions.  

• Haha 1

On August 23, 2018 at 3:18 PM, Paperclyp said:

This is said ad nauseam with zero evidence other than that’s what people who weren’t offended want to be true.

Also their apology is a non-apology. It’s not acceptable to the people they offended because they didn’t apologize for their actions.  

No one was really offended by their joke though. It's just internet fake outrage by people that just like to complain. You know that. They know that. Come off it. 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, Paperclyp said:

There are reactions across the spectrum. 

It was a stupid, and yes, offensive, thing to post. I would say I’ve seen the vast majority of people react pretty mild to not at all to it. Then you have the people who are pretty extreme and say (keyword “say”) they aren’t going to buy it. And you have the alt right people building their narrative and conspiracy theories. 

So yeah, basically a typical Wednesday. 

CDPR issued a boiler plate “I’m sorry if anyone was offended by the offensive thing we said,” apology. 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:22 PM, ALIEN-gunner said:

Typically like in this case the people that complained about CDPR's joke don't actually buy or play videogames they just like to complain and are never satisfied. CDPR never should have made an apology because where did it get them? These nutjobs didn't accept it and went on to complain some more. They even went an extra mile as well. One of those nutjobs from ResetEra doxxed the CDPR employee who made the joke. Thankfully word is that most developers including CDPR are aware of this fake internet outrage and have a good laugh behind closed doors. 

On 8/23/2018 at 6:18 PM, Paperclyp said:

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

No one was really offended by their joke though. It's just internet fake outrage by people that just like to complain. You know that. They know that. Come off it. 

034_F539_C-2906-4813-90_DD-8_A16_D4_B7_E

5 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

It's easy to see why you feel the way you do if you genuinely believe that to be true.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

The usage of "offensive" has dramatically changed for millennials.  It used to refer to something that was repugnant.  It's now bandied about anytime they mildly disagree with anything that is said.

I would agree that the millennial generation is more sensitive to offensive language or actions. But when it is pointed out that something is offensive or insensitive, there is at least an equal push back by the other “side” who has a shit fit about how millennials can’t handle anything and that the world is ruined. (Meanwhile these are the people who have all the fucking power and actually in fact fucked everything up and elected a toddler). 

Again though, the reality is there is A SPECTRUM of responses to stuff like this, and even if you say, oh hey this shouldn’t be said, it’s very patronizing to an extremely marginalized group, even if you’re not like appalled by it and you just acknowledge and state that out loud, you are cast as a crazy snowflake and the reason for all things wrong in America. 

That statement deserved be to called out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I would agree that the millennial generation is more sensitive to offensive language or actions. But when it is pointed out that something is offensive or insensitive, there is at least an equal push back by the other “side” who has a shit fit about how millennials can’t handle anything and that the world is ruined. (Meanwhile these are the people who have all the fucking power and actually in fact fucked everything up and elected a toddler). 

Again though, the reality is there is A SPECTRUM of responses to stuff like this, and even if you say, oh hey this shouldn’t be said, it’s very patronizing to an extremely marginalized group, even if you’re not like appalled by it and you just acknowledge and state that out loud, you are cast as a crazy snowflake and the reason for all things wrong in America. 

That statement deserved be to called out. 

To clarify, my post was in regards to the hyperbolic response/overreaction to it by some. I’m not personally offended by it but understand why someone would/could be. The notion of “CDPR destroyed all of the good will they built up” because some random employee who controls their Twitter is an idiot is mind numbing. I’m certainly not attempting to dictate how offended someone is allowed to be, but there definitely needs to be something between 0 and 100.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, Spork3245 said:

COME ON GAL's!!

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

To clarify, my post was in regards to the hyperbolic response/overreaction to it by some. I’m not personally offended by it but understand why someone would/could be. The notion of “CDPR destroyed all of the good will they built up” because some random employee who controls their Twitter is an idiot is mind numbing. I’m certainly not attempting to dictate how offended someone is allowed to be, but there definitely needs to be something between 0 and 100.

Proportionality was one of the first casualties of this new, social media age... all offenses are equally bad and deserve the harshest penalties possible.

7 hours ago, mikechorney said:

The usage of "offensive" has dramatically changed for millennials.  It used to refer to something that was repugnant.  It's now bandied about anytime they mildly disagree with anything that is said.

Has it really changed? Or are the people who are offended by things like this now just given a voice on social media platforms? Or both?

It's really easy to think all this stuff is "new" when you never had to encounter it before. If you had gay friends, or trans friends, or Muslim friends, etc., 20 years ago those people were no less hurt when other people said things that offended them. You just hear their voice now whereas you didn't before unless they were in your immediate circle.

People didn't wake up in 2018 and decide "hey Imma get offended by some shit now."

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Has it really changed? Or are the people who are offended by things like this now just given a voice on social media platforms? Or both?

It's really easy to think all this stuff is "new" when you never had to encounter it before. If you had gay friends, or trans friends, or Muslim friends, etc., 20 years ago those people were no less hurt when other people said things that offended them. You just hear their voice now whereas you didn't before unless they were in your immediate circle.

People didn't wake up in 2018 and decide "hey Imma get offended by some shit now."

I must have missed where CD Project Red used gay slurs, and insulted the Quran.