Update: Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal footage (48 minutes)

Brian

Love the athestetic and thats about it.

52 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Uhhh, I think that gameplay/gunplay looks super generic. 

I hated everything about the gun play and movement. Niether look like there was any weight behind it and they need to get rid of the damage notification or atleast have an option to turn it off.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Combat looked good to me. 

It looks like every other FPS for the most part. Bullet time, slide n' shoot, spongy enemies, pointless numbers that need to go back to being an MMO only thing. It really isn't anything special. TBH, if it was third person I would like the combat more.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

It looks like every other FPS for the most part. Bullet time, slide n' shoot, spongy enemies, pointless numbers that need to go back to being an MMO only thing. It really isn't anything special. TBH, if it was third person I would like the combat more.

What would you like it to look like? 

45 minutes ago, Bacon said:

But for real, IDK? If it was third person I woudn't have complained at all probably. It just looks like every other FPS coming out with a different skin.

Are there unique FPS games that you like or do you just not really like FPS. 

I’m not saying it looked incredible or anything but it looks like a quality RPG shooting game. Other that that I think it’s hard to say until we actually get our hands on it in terms of feel. 

Plus, the combat isn’t really the focus in these games. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Are there unique FPS games that you like or do you just not really like FPS. 

I like Bulletstorm and I don't like many of the 2012+ FPS games. And I don't like many FPS RPGs. Cuz it is 60+ hours of just shooting.

I know it may sound silly, but shooters mostly feel like you are just shooting with not much else. Like I wouldn't say TW3 is just swinging your sword. You have your spells, traps, you actually dodge attacks and don't just hide behind cover. There are also light and heavy attacks. Yes there are other things, but just look at ME. You are either shooting or using an ability that lets you shoot enemies better, like launching them in the air or slowing down time.

11 hours ago, mo1518 said:

I love it, this game is looks wild! I'm more interested in the city/world than I am in the gunplay though. 

agreed 100%. The first 5-10 minutes during that mission were meh. It looks OK, nothing exciting or original there, but Ill play it. But when she got out to the street... holy shit! that looked amazing and just made me want to wander around the bowels of Night City overturning every stone! 

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

I like Bulletstorm and I don't like many of the 2012+ FPS games. And I don't like many FPS RPGs. Cuz it is 60+ hours of just shooting.

I know it may sound silly, but shooters mostly feel like you are just shooting with not much else. Like I wouldn't say TW3 is just swinging your sword. You have your spells, traps, you actually dodge attacks and don't just hide behind cover. There are also light and heavy attacks. Yes there are other things, but just look at ME. You are either shooting or using an ability that lets you shoot enemies better, like launching them in the air or slowing down time.

I hear ya, but CD doesn’t make 60 hour hack-a-thons. I’ll go like 3 hours in the Witcher without fighting a single enemy. And it looks like they’re giving you the ability to stealth or negotiate your way out of a lot of scenarios. 

I’m not saying don’t be critical of the combat, but there’s a lot to their games. 

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

I know it may sound silly, but shooters mostly feel like you are just shooting with not much else.

Which FPS RPGs do feel like nothing but 60hrs of shooting to you? If you're thinking of something like Boarderlands or Destiny, sure I agree, but those seems like a very bad comparison to Cyberpunk. Games like that are more like sprinkling in some RPG elements into a shooter, rather than an RPG with shooter combat. Better comparisons to Cyberpunk would be the Deus Ex series and the post-Bethesda Fallout series, neither of which are 60+ hours of shooting.

Still not good matches, but which are not 60+ hours of shooting are the Dishonored series and the new Prey game.

Like I wouldn't say TW3 is just swinging your sword. You have your spells, traps, you actually dodge attacks and don't just hide behind cover. There are also light and heavy attacks. Yes there are other things, but just look at ME. You are either shooting or using an ability that lets you shoot enemies better, like launching them in the air or slowing down time.

I'm a little confused at your comparison to Mass Effect being different because you can use abilities to launch enemies or slow down time,

I think I misread your reason for referencing mass effect. Nevertheless, I think my next comments stand, there is a lot of different style in the combat they showed. We saw

• Slowing down time
  • Dodge moves
  • Double jumps
  • Wall running
  • Melee attacks from robotic arm upgrades
  • Hacking people's guns
  • Combat in vehicles
  • Using bots

And probably other stuff I'm forgetting. And that's just the combat side. Did you not watch much of the video? :p